Immortals Weight Loss support Group

Re: Immortals Weight Loss support Group

Postby grlnxtdr29 on April 13th, 2010, 5:58 pm

Hehe, I know how that goes. Hubby will be taking me to a Cubs Game sometime this season, either at Wrigley, or at Milwuakee, and I already know I'll probably have a couple of Hot Dogs, and a snow cone or whatever. If we go to Milwuakee, I'll probably try a couple of the specialty foods they sell there. They have some of the best ballpark food in the nation, according to the Food network.
grlnxtdr29

Postby jill on April 13th, 2010, 6:18 pm

I don't know for me and this is just for me...if I tell myself that I can't have this or I can't have that...then I tried to fill the void and go after that food with a vengenance. The best for the weight loss for me was the walking and exercising. Stop trying to fill the void (whatever your void maybe) and think happy thoughts. Keep thinking I am gonna do this...I am gonna do this.

Now I was bad during the winter because of the bad weather and all the holiday food coming my way. But now that good weather is on its way its back I am gonna get out and about again. I haven't had a chance lately because of major health issues. But I am working on resolving those and getting back out there.
“I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.” Oscar Wilde
jill

Postby Lynsay on April 14th, 2010, 5:38 pm

I find it's easiest for me to resist if I give myself mini deadlines. Like, if I say, just be good till such and such a day and you can have whatever you want.

Today I went shopping and bought six, read it SIX PS3 games. That should keep me on the bike for a while. . . Maybe a really long while too, lol.

Lynsay
Lynsay
Lynsay
Site Admin

Postby sherr on April 14th, 2010, 7:36 pm

SIX!! Games!! I think my 14 year old has now become president of your fan club. When I told him, he said " see she's old like you mom and she plays PS3 games." I said first Lynsay isn't old and neither am I. Second Lynsay works very hard and she is doing this during her down time and during my downtime I read what Lynsay wrote while working. He's still impress!! So now I suppose to ask what games you bought. ;)
good girls don't make history and I plan on being very historical
sherr

Postby grlnxtdr29 on April 15th, 2010, 3:58 pm

YAY! I Finally got started on my Garden today! Didn't get a whole lot done, and haven't even started on the veggie patch yet, but I got the flower beds almost ready for planting, but the kids were starting to fuss and I was getting a little shakey from all the digging and moving bricks for edging, so we came inside to cool off. Hubby is still outside painting the garage, and then he might mow if the storm that is supposed to hit waits a few more hours. It's still nice and Sunny out, but the clouds are starting to move in a little faster.

I know I got a good exercise workout today. I was sweating so much it looked like I was Crying. My Mother in Law came over to ask me if something was wrong. I laughed and told her it was just sweat.

Think I may just have a fruit salad for dinner tonight. Too tired to cook anything, and would probably puke if I ate anything hot anyway.

Need to buy a New Bike. Hubby was Looking at our Bikes that have been in storage for over a year now. Rotted tires, chain turning to dust, brakes shot. Will be cheaper just to buy a new one. Fortunately we aren't going to have to buy a kid carrier (Tow Behind). Hubby's sister left one here when she Moved to MN, and she said we can use it. We will buy a new one next year though, because his sister does eventually want this one back. Once we get in shape enough to ride the bikes more than just around town (Which is about 2 miles round trip), we are going to try and tour the state (IL) on bikes, before the kids have to start School. Technically, Daughter was supposed to start preschool this year, but because of her learning disability, she probably won't start till next year.
grlnxtdr29

Postby Lynsay on April 15th, 2010, 4:17 pm

LOL. Sherr. So the games are Oblivion (I left the original copy I had behind when I moved and took Fallout 3), InFamous, Dragon Age Origins, Heavy Rain, Batman Arkham Asylum, Assassin's Creed II, and The Saboteur. The Saboteur came free since I bought so many of the other ones, so it's older and I'm not sure how good, but we shall see.

My bike is stationary Girl next door (I'm just going to start calling you Cathy lol) But then you probably figured that out cause I couldn't steer a bike and play PS3 without killing myself I'm sure even if I could get a battery operated PS# and screen.

I bought myself two dozen roses today, red and white long stems. I like flowers and 6 years without them is too long. Hmm, actually I got them a couple times from my editor and bought them for myself before, so I guess it isn't 6 years. LOL.

Terri Jackie and Leigh are coming over tomorrow. We're doing an artist tour around town in the evening and then having a girl's night here so I need to go find some not too fattening snacks . . . Is there even such a thing? Sigh. I suppose raw veggies are low fat if you get low fat dip. . . What else? Any ideas guys? Please? With a sugar free cherry on top. LOL
Lynsay
Lynsay
Lynsay
Site Admin

Postby grlnxtdr29 on April 15th, 2010, 5:00 pm

Low fat yogurt with Fruit is good, and even though it has sugar in it, chocolate dip for fruit is Fat Free (or mostly fat free). One of my Favorite Summer treats is what I call blender Ice Cream. Take Frozen Fruit (any kind), 1 cup low fat Milk, and 1/2 cup half n half, and put in Blender. Sweeten with splenda or honey, and blend until the consistency of soft serve ice cream. Low fat Cheese with whole grain crackers is a good idea, too. My Daughter loves cottage cheese with Sun Flower Kernals and dried fruit in it.
grlnxtdr29

Postby sherr on April 15th, 2010, 7:38 pm

I'm having a girls night out tomorrow also....unfortunately all my friends are incredibly thin and they don't understand "watching what we eat". We are meeting in Woodbridge and going to dinner and to a show...Clash of the Titans.....I believe. So I'm really going to have to watch what I eat.
sherr

Postby grlnxtdr29 on April 15th, 2010, 9:20 pm

I'm so happy! My blood sugar was at the lowest it's been since before Thanksgiving! It's still high, but not nearly as bad as it had been. It's almost low enough for me to try and convince Hubby that one more Baby would make our Lives much better! And if it happens to be twins, that's fine too!
grlnxtdr29

Postby sherr on April 15th, 2010, 9:24 pm

Oh my grinxtdr if you convince him you need another baby you'll never get to Disney. BTW Lynsay, I think my son wants to marry you he can't believe someone i communicate with actually plays video games (or as he said cool games).
sherr

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion