Immortals Weight Loss support Group


Re: Immortals Weight Loss support Group

Postby ElectricFedora on July 14th, 2011, 7:49 pm

So in 2 weeks I lost 13.5 pounds. I'm near the end of 3rd week. And I'll have been here for three and a half week mark. And I'll have my last weigh in to see my inches I've lost and the rest of the weight I've lost.
“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.” - Brian Littrell

"Idle hands are the devil's workshop." - Unknown.
ElectricFedora
 
Posts: 250
Joined: January 10th, 2011, 9:58 pm


Re: Immortals Weight Loss support Group

Postby MysticFan on July 15th, 2011, 4:28 am

ElectricFedora wrote:So in 2 weeks I lost 13.5 pounds. I'm near the end of 3rd week. And I'll have been here for three and a half week mark. And I'll have my last weigh in to see my inches I've lost and the rest of the weight I've lost.


Way to go, EF! That's really good! Image
"Life can't always be cheesecake."-Elvi Black


Image
User avatar
MysticFan
 
Posts: 1385
Joined: January 14th, 2010, 12:15 pm
Location: WV


Re: Immortals Weight Loss support Group

Postby ElectricFedora on July 15th, 2011, 8:31 am

Thanks mystic. I plan to continue working out when I get home. I'd like loose altogether around 60 pounds. So I can be 130. Which means I've got 46.5 pounds to loose. So I've got my final weigh in soon to see how much more I need to loose.
“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.” - Brian Littrell

"Idle hands are the devil's workshop." - Unknown.
ElectricFedora
 
Posts: 250
Joined: January 10th, 2011, 9:58 pm


Re: Immortals Weight Loss support Group

Postby MysticFan on July 17th, 2011, 3:45 am

ElectricFedora, I wish you the best of luck with your weigh in & your weight loss when u get home. Sticking to it can be hard, but once you get into the swing of a good routine it becomes much easier. When I start a diet program I usually have a friend to join me that way I have a constant motivation. You have already got the hardest part, the 1st week, out of the way. Congrats & good luck with your goal! ;) :)
"Life can't always be cheesecake."-Elvi Black


Image
User avatar
MysticFan
 
Posts: 1385
Joined: January 14th, 2010, 12:15 pm
Location: WV


Re: Immortals Weight Loss support Group

Postby TomEC on July 17th, 2011, 5:23 pm

ElectricFedora wrote:Thanks mystic. I plan to continue working out when I get home. I'd like loose altogether around 60 pounds. So I can be 130. Which means I've got 46.5 pounds to loose. So I've got my final weigh in soon to see how much more I need to loose.


That's a terrific accomplishment already.Image It take's a lot of willpower, I think.

Don't give up. See it through to the end and we'll be there to celebrate with you. Image Virtually, at least.
“The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved, loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” -Victor Hugo
User avatar
TomEC
 
Posts: 1543
Joined: December 2nd, 2010, 12:34 pm
Location: Outlook, Saskatchewan, Canada


Re: Immortals Weight Loss support Group

Postby MysticFan on September 8th, 2011, 1:31 am

I finally did it… started my diet that is! It is 8 months later than I planned, but the important thing is that I have taken that first step to achieve a better, healthier lifestyle for our family and myself. I am so hoping that I can do well. I am not alone on this tough journey, my hubby decided to suffer right along with me…lol we started Monday and honestly, it hasn’t been that hard. I think I was just over ready for this. So, here goes something, and by something, I am hoping lots of lbs!
Image
"Life can't always be cheesecake."-Elvi Black


Image
User avatar
MysticFan
 
Posts: 1385
Joined: January 14th, 2010, 12:15 pm
Location: WV


Re: Immortals Weight Loss support Group

Postby TomEC on September 8th, 2011, 4:13 am

MysticFan wrote:I finally did it… started my diet that is! It is 8 months later than I planned, but the important thing is that I have taken that first step to achieve a better, healthier lifestyle for our family and myself. I am so hoping that I can do well. I am not alone on this tough journey, my hubby decided to suffer right along with me…lol we started Monday and honestly, it hasn’t been that hard. I think I was just over ready for this. So, here goes something, and by something, I am hoping lots of lbs!
Image


I'm glad your husband decided to join you on the road to better health. It should make it a lot easier for you. I'll be rooting for you both.
“The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved, loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” -Victor Hugo
User avatar
TomEC
 
Posts: 1543
Joined: December 2nd, 2010, 12:34 pm
Location: Outlook, Saskatchewan, Canada


Re: Immortals Weight Loss support Group

Postby MysticFan on September 27th, 2011, 12:11 am

TomEC wrote:
MysticFan wrote:I finally did it… started my diet that is! It is 8 months later than I planned, but the important thing is that I have taken that first step to achieve a better, healthier lifestyle for our family and myself. I am so hoping that I can do well. I am not alone on this tough journey, my hubby decided to suffer right along with me…lol we started Monday and honestly, it hasn’t been that hard. I think I was just over ready for this. So, here goes something, and by something, I am hoping lots of lbs!
Image


I'm glad your husband decided to join you on the road to better health. It should make it a lot easier for you. I'll be rooting for you both.


Tom, I am so sorry for the delay in response… I have no idea how I missed this. Having my hubby join me with this diet has made it so much easier. I am happy to say that I have had my weak moments, but have pushed through them and am still staying on track. Thanks for rooting for us... I sure need all the support I can get...lol
"Life can't always be cheesecake."-Elvi Black


Image
User avatar
MysticFan
 
Posts: 1385
Joined: January 14th, 2010, 12:15 pm
Location: WV


Re: Immortals Weight Loss support Group

Postby MysticFan on October 3rd, 2011, 8:31 am

I am hoping by me posting this I don’t jinx myself or anything, but I just wanted to share that I am two days away from having been on this diet for a month & at weigh in this morning I am down 16 lbs! I am happy to have that loss, but I know I still have a lot of work to do. Somehow, along these few weeks I decided to give up drinking soda, I am shocked that I have survived! Diet Mtn. Dew was my everything… guess I didn’t love it as much as I thought. :D Lol. I hope everyone has a great day & wonderful rest of the week.
"Life can't always be cheesecake."-Elvi Black


Image
User avatar
MysticFan
 
Posts: 1385
Joined: January 14th, 2010, 12:15 pm
Location: WV


Re: Immortals Weight Loss support Group

Postby grlnxtdr29 on March 29th, 2012, 8:00 pm

I Found this on Facebook and Had to share!

Q: Doctor, I've heard that cardiovascular exercise can prolong life. Is this true?
A: Heart only good for so many beats, and that it... Don't waste on exercise. Everything wear out eventually. Speeding up heart not make you live longer; it like saying you extend life of car by driving faster. Want to live longer? Take nap.

Q: Should I reduce my alcohol intake?
A: Oh no. Wine made from fruit. Brandy distilled wine, that mean they take water out of fruity bit so you get even more of goodness that way. Beer also made of grain. Bottom up!

Q: How can I calculate my body/fat ratio?
A: Well, if you have body and you have fat, your ratio one to one. If you have two body, your ratio two to one.

Q: What are some of the advantages of participating in a regular exercise program?
A: Can't think of single one, sorry. My philosophy: No pain...good!

Q: Aren't fried foods bad for you?
A: YOU NOT LISTENING! Food fried in vegetable oil. How getting more vegetable be bad?

Q : Will sit-ups help prevent me from getting a little soft around the middle?
A: Oh no! When you exercise muscle, it get bigger. You should only be doing sit-up if you want bigger stomach.

Q: Is chocolate bad for me?
A: You crazy?!? HEL-LO-O!! Cocoa bean! Another vegetable! It best feel-good food around!

Q: Is swimming good for your figure?
A: If swimming good for figure, explain whale to me.

Q: Is getting in shape important for my lifestyle?
A: Hey! 'Round' is shape!

Well... I hope this has cleared up any misconceptions you may have had about food and diets.

And remember:
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!!"

AND.....

For those of you who watch what you eat, here's the final word on nutrition and health. It's a relief to know the truth after all those conflicting nutritional studies.

1. The Japanese eat very little fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.

2. The Mexicans eat a lot of fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.

3. The Chinese drink very little red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.

4. The Italians drink a lot of red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans...

5. The Germans drink a lot of beer and eat lots of sausages and fats and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.

CONCLUSION: Eat and drink what you like. Speaking English is apparently what kills you
grlnxtdr29
 
Posts: 2537
Joined: March 4th, 2010, 6:37 pm

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

cron