Immortals Weight Loss support Group

Re: Immortals Weight Loss support Group

Postby jill on April 20th, 2010, 6:13 pm

True dat sista....hey I just heard on the radio that if you work calcium into your diet via dairy products not just the pills that it boosts your metabolism. I have been trying regular healthy snacking during the day so now maybe I will work in some yogurt of something.
“I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.” Oscar Wilde
jill

Postby Lynsay on April 20th, 2010, 6:24 pm

Ah nanos mean no diet . . . mind you if you over ingulge you have to drink more blood. UGH! Might be enough to keep you to a healthy diet. At least until you go used to the taste of blood. Sigh.

As for stocking nanos . . . I WISH! I hate dieting. LOL.

I've heard that about calcium before, Jill. Mind you, I've always loved cheese, so lack of calcium is definitely not my problem. Grimace

Lynsay
Lynsay
Lynsay
Site Admin

Postby Jewelz on April 21st, 2010, 12:27 am

ROTFWLMAO!!! Yeah, I love cheese too. ;) After a lifetime of battling weight issues, I had Lap-band last spring. It seems to be helping. I see my physician every month, to check my weight or to make adjustments to my band. As of my last appointment I've lost a total of 76lbs. Well I should try and post this before I lose it. I've lost three posts tonight. How annoying :o . Were having some heavy rain tonight. Along with lots lightning and thunder. The power was flickering off and on earlier while I was in the shower. I'm afraid of the dark. Power outage in a basement is not a good feeling. Oh, I'm rambling.

Love is like a butterfly, it goes where it please's, and please's where it goes. :-)
Jewelz

Postby grlnxtdr29 on April 21st, 2010, 1:41 am

I eat alot of cheese, and Yogurt. It hasn't helped my weight at all. I've had my matabolism checked before, as thyroid disease runs in my Family, and as far as they are able to tell, I'm normal, but I think I need to get checked again.

I'm having trouble lately with Insomnia, and I woke up today either with the beginnings of a spring cold, or a really bad allergy attack, not sure which yet. This is my first srping in Illinois, so it could be allergies that I never knew I had before (I know I am allergic to Olive trees, Mulberry trees, and china Berry trees, but not sure about anything here). My sinuses are all jacked up, and I have a sore throat.

Hey Jewelz, How do you like your Lap band? I wanted a Lap band a few years ago, but the military said no because there wasn't enough Doctors at the hospital on base where Hubby was stationed (Funny, though, if I wanted breast augmentation, they would have said yes).
grlnxtdr29

Postby grlnxtdr29 on April 21st, 2010, 6:13 pm

Bring on the Nanos! I HATE Head Colds, especially in the spring time.
grlnxtdr29

Postby sherr on April 22nd, 2010, 4:17 am

Grinxtdr: Do you have a cold? I could tell by your voice...lol. Honestly get better.

Still walking to work now I going to start adding some other stuff.
good girls don't make history and I plan on being very historical
sherr

Postby terri on April 22nd, 2010, 9:57 am

Hmm... I am pretty confused by all the information out there on vitamins actually.
I too am trying to improve my eating habits, supplements, etc. I was looking into the benefits of vitamins for joints and skin and I have been finding conflicting facts. Here's just a few.

-vitamins are good for you but only if certain combinations are present otherwise they won't be absorbed by the body (like you can take calcium but only if vitamin D is present to help absorb it, etc.)
-the vitamins that you researched that said they are beneficial in some studies conflict with other studies that suggest that say they are not
-only 10 to 20% of vitamins are actually absorbed by our bodies in pill form so they should be in liquid form
-vitamin supplements are bad for you because it can create an imbalance in our body chemistry
-getting all our vitamins from food is difficult these days because the soils in which they grow are so depleted of nutrients plus the strains of fruits and veggies grown today are selected to be big and last long on shelves and not for their nutritional value
-only OMEGA 3 that have been IFOS approved should be taken
-synthetic vitamin C is bad for you because it can deplete other types of vitamins from your body
-blah, blah, blah...

Ok... usually I see the humor in things but I wasn't smiling after this. So the moral of this story? Try to eat as healthy as you can, try to take supplements that are from natural sources and thank-god for nanos... LOL

Terri
terri
Site Admin

Postby sherr on April 23rd, 2010, 6:28 pm

Terri: Vitamins are very confusing....I taught Anatomy and Pathophysiolgy at the School for Naturapathic Medicine in Toronto very briefly and new thoughts on vitamins and how to take them to get the best results are always coming out. My rule of thought is do not take any natural or medication without consulting your pharmacist and without your MD knowing. Eat a balance diet take your Omega and MultiVit everyday and walk in the sunshine. ;)
sherr

Postby lisa on April 23rd, 2010, 6:31 pm

Sherr did you see the info about folate? Now they are saying if you are a mature adult and not expecting that folate is bad for you ! I think that was in my Prevention Magazine in April. Supposed to cause or is associated with increased cancer risk!
lisa

Postby sherr on April 23rd, 2010, 6:41 pm

No I didn't see that but it doesn't surprise me it seems everything is associated with cancer. Cancer is cause when damaged cells are replaced by atypical cells (or abnormal cells). When doctors remove or destroy cancer cells they hope that the new cell that grow are normal. Folate is generally used in nerve growth (why it is important for pregnant mothers). I know research was started on giving it to older people to prevent Alzheimers and other Organic Brain Disease...I'm sure Jewelz would know more about all that then me.
sherr

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion