I needs a new do!

I needs a new do!

Postby Lynsay on April 27th, 2010, 4:35 pm

My hair is making me crazy. Hmmm. . . Jackie found a site where you download (upload?) a pic of yourself with your hair pulled back and against a white background and can try other styles out. I must try this site, cause my hair is making me a bit crazy. If I do that, I shall post the pics here so you guys can help me pick a style, but I probably shan't do it for a month or two. Maybe just before the conference. I shall let it grow till then. Sigh.

Lynsay, being whiney around big yawns. Seriously, I'm yawning like crazy right now and Terri's giving me heck.
Lynsay
Lynsay
Site Admin

Re: I needs a new do!

Postby grlnxtdr29 on April 27th, 2010, 5:24 pm

Since we Moved last year I Haven't found a place to get my Hair done that isn't too expensive or run by women who only do Little-Old-Ladies-with-Blue-Hair Styles. So my Hair is about 6 inches longer than I prefer since it hasn't been cut in over a year, and in Dire need of coloring. We went out to eat with the kids the other day and the waitress made a comment along the lines of Oh, isn't it nice to take the Grandkids out for Lunch?
grlnxtdr29

Postby wren on April 27th, 2010, 9:31 pm

I had a hair appointment, but canceled because I'm not sure what to do. Lynsay, I was thinking about trying a site like Jackie found. Can you or she post the site for us? I have one bookmarked, but I don't know if it's the same one. I've been looking on hairstyle sites and through a couple of hair magazines, and now I'm just confused about the "face shape" thing and hair types and styles that my hair won't do! :(

I think I had mentioned mini-makeovers as a topic on the check-in thread the other day, but had never got back to open a thread. Maybe this thread can be our hair & cosmetics & fashions topic if you don't mind...if anyone finds good recommendations or new ideas or decent sites...post them here.

I still need to lose the excess weight, but I also need an updated "look" to go with it. Like Karen said, part of the pleasure of losing weight is getting to update her wardrobe as she goes...and she has been a fantastic example to the rest of us. Some may not need to lose weight, but still want a new do!! Hey, if Marguerite Argeneau goes to have her hair & nails done and wears pretty lingerie, then I surely need to do something...as my request for nanos are on serious backorder status, and these granny-panties aren't at all sexy. TMI, but telling it true! :lol:
wren

Postby Lynsay on April 28th, 2010, 4:53 pm

I think it was stellure.com, Wren. They do a 3D version where you can see it from all angles

Lynsay
Lynsay
Lynsay
Site Admin

Postby sin on April 28th, 2010, 6:14 pm

Thanks Lynsay. And wren I agree so much with you. I think my order is with yours.. What did you say your number was again? I know we are not far behind Lynsay.. I want my dress to fit for July. So that is my goal.

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby Jodi on April 29th, 2010, 9:47 am

I tried the virtual hair styler once and was not impressed I found it looked like I was wearing really bad wigs in the pictures which did not make me want to go out and get any of the hair cuts lol! I think it was hairstyler.com or something like that. Kassie and I were talking last night about going to get our hair cut this time that Ted is home I am trying to convince her to get it cut a bit shorter instead of just the usual trim as I hope it would bring back the curl in her hair, it is too dry up here that it is hard to get her curls to come out, anytime we go to Nova Scotia her hair gets super curly :) and with summer coming I am thinking I want something shorter as well *shrug* not too sure but I do need to at least get a trim
Jodi

Postby sherr on April 29th, 2010, 9:58 am

I've been trying to find time to get my hair cut and col.....you know even us immortal need a touch-up (at least that's my story and I'm sticking to it). I guess it will have to be next week when me and my hairdresser get together. Till then I remain shaggy and with a hint of my Arctie Blonde popping through. :roll:
good girls don't make history and I plan on being very historical
sherr

Postby Copper on April 29th, 2010, 2:12 pm

i fell your pain i am all way having problems with my hair its very thick and wavy so can be hard to manage if i dont cover it in products... i never go to the hair dressers im not a fan of getting my hair cut i like my hair long as long as i can get it and they always cut to short.... i hope you get the look you want lynsay
AEA Sister European Council/enforcer contact
The Sisterhood of the Travelling Fangs
Copper

Postby lisa on April 29th, 2010, 4:52 pm

Wish I felt your pain Copper. My hair is super fine and very thin and has a tendency to curl and wave. I added hair color to it about a month ago to give it a little more umph! I ususally dont add hair products other than conditioner after shampooing cause any time I put hair products on it, it weighs my hair down so much I look like a bald headed woman with occasional long patchs of limp hair. That may be a slight exageration, but not by much. It is currently getting on my last nerve and I just made apt for Saturday. I told the beautician, when I made the apt that she gets to pick the style! Be glad your hair is thick!
lisa

Postby grlnxtdr29 on April 29th, 2010, 9:15 pm

Beware lisa, the last time I told the stylist to surprise me, I ended up with BANGS! UGH!
grlnxtdr29

Next

Return to General Discussion