I needs a new do!

Re: I needs a new do!

Postby rockie on January 15th, 2011, 3:44 pm

I need to do something with my hair, its growing out from when I chopped it off... I need to dye it again... :roll: :?

I need to get it cut so it will actually grow again... :roll:
AEA Sister♥☮☆♪
Sisterhood of the Traveling Fangs♥☮☆♪
Live
.♫
⋰**
⋱♫ ..Laugh
( ``✫•♫
`✫•.¸ )
¸. ✶♫....L♥ve
( ``✫•~
rockie

Postby MysticFan on January 15th, 2011, 4:14 pm

I am so ready to get my hair did…lol It is in such bad shape! I usually never go this long, 7months, without getting my hair cut & dyed. I have been trying to let it grow a bit, don’t know why, I always end up walking in there and say chop it allll off…lol Now I have terrible roots down to my ears and it’s long and just stringy… just a big ole mess! I am lucky though, I have a great stylist (hubby’s cousin, plus her & I graduated high school together.) She is an amazing stylist all together. She has the most beautiful colors & can cut hair like nobody’s business…lol Typing this made me realize how badly I need to make an appointment with her.
"Life can't always be cheesecake."-Elvi Black

MysticFan

Postby Lynsay on January 15th, 2011, 4:28 pm

Hmmm, I need a cut too. The ends are getting a bit frayed. UGH.

Lynsay
Lynsay
Lynsay
Site Admin

Postby rockie on January 15th, 2011, 7:15 pm

yeah, i really need to go get it trimmed! Its super frizzy and super curly!
AEA Sister♥☮☆♪
Sisterhood of the Traveling Fangs♥☮☆♪
Live
.♫
⋰**
⋱♫ ..Laugh
( ``✫•♫
`✫•.¸ )
¸. ✶♫....L♥ve
( ``✫•~
rockie

Postby sherr on January 15th, 2011, 7:58 pm

I need to colour it....oops.....I don't colour my hair ever....this is my natural auburn....yeah natural me....lol
good girls don't make history and I plan on being very historical
sherr

Postby susan60625 on January 16th, 2011, 2:06 am

I tried coloring my hair once. Never again! It turns out that I'm allergic to hair coloring! My whole head swelled up like a balloon! It was a week before I could go out of the house again! And this was done by a professional.
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby MysticFan on January 16th, 2011, 4:51 am

susan60625 wrote:I tried coloring my hair once. Never again! It turns out that I'm allergic to hair coloring! My whole head swelled up like a balloon! It was a week before I could go out of the house again! And this was done by a professional.

That is sooo terrible! My sister-in-law decided that she wanted me to apply color to her hair on time. I did everything the way she informed me to and then we waited. Well withing 10 minutes or so her head was burning so badly that she made me see what was going on. When I looked at her scalp it was awful! There were blisters that was probably as big around as quarters. I immediately rinsed the color off. It took a few days for her to feel better, but now she can't coat her head in color she has to have highlights or coloring done by foiling.

MysticFan

Postby susan60625 on January 16th, 2011, 11:29 am

MysticFan wrote:
susan60625 wrote:I tried coloring my hair once. Never again! It turns out that I'm allergic to hair coloring! My whole head swelled up like a balloon! It was a week before I could go out of the house again! And this was done by a professional.

That is sooo terrible! My sister-in-law decided that she wanted me to apply color to her hair on time. I did everything the way she informed me to and then we waited. Well withing 10 minutes or so her head was burning so badly that she made me see what was going on. When I looked at her scalp it was awful! There were blisters that was probably as big around as quarters. I immediately rinsed the color off. It took a few days for her to feel better, but now she can't coat her head in color she has to have highlights or coloring done by foiling.

My scalp didn't blister. But the skin of my head got puffy and fluid gathered under my scalp. At one point, there was a lump across my entire forehead. After two days of swelling, every hair follicle started weeping. My hair ended up plastered to my head. My beautician said that I should only wash my hair with baby shampoo for a few weeks. It eventually passed, but after that the only thing I could do was get my hair foiled. It keeps the color from touching the scalp. It's kind of like highlighting.
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby Goober on January 16th, 2011, 1:19 pm

thank God I've never had a reaction like that. Though I've never tried to dye my hair, just put highlights in them. God now I'm scared to even try. :( lol
Peace, Love, and a yummy Immortal... or two ;)
Goober

Postby MysticFan on January 16th, 2011, 4:18 pm

susan60625 wrote:My scalp didn't blister. But the skin of my head got puffy and fluid gathered under my scalp. At one point, there was a lump across my entire forehead. After two days of swelling, every hair follicle started weeping. My hair ended up plastered to my head. My beautician said that I should only wash my hair with baby shampoo for a few weeks. It eventually passed, but after that the only thing I could do was get my hair foiled. It keeps the color from touching the scalp. It's kind of like highlighting.

Ohhh Goodness! That had to be painful! Do you think you are allergic to something in the dye? I only have my hair foiled also... it is way easier and I think the highlights turn out so pretty.

MysticFan

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion