I needs a new do!

Re: I needs a new do!

Postby susan60625 on January 16th, 2011, 5:03 pm

I just have super sensitive skin. I know I'm allergic to zinc, which is in most amalgamated metals including surgical steel. In jewelry, I can only wear the real thing or zinc-free metals. I'm even allergic to inks. I found that out when I was younger and going to clubs. They would stamp your hand when you entered. If the ink they used was red, I'd have a rash on the back of my hand in the shape of the stamp for about a week afterwards. That's the main reason I've never gotten a tattoo. There are metals in the inks and I don't want to take a chance that I'll react to something that is permanent. So, there must be something in the hair color itself that causes the reaction with me.
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby MysticFan on January 17th, 2011, 4:54 am

susan60625 wrote:I just have super sensitive skin. I know I'm allergic to zinc, which is in most amalgamated metals including surgical steel. In jewelry, I can only wear the real thing or zinc-free metals. I'm even allergic to inks. I found that out when I was younger and going to clubs. They would stamp your hand when you entered. If the ink they used was red, I'd have a rash on the back of my hand in the shape of the stamp for about a week afterwards. That's the main reason I've never gotten a tattoo. There are metals in the inks and I don't want to take a chance that I'll react to something that is permanent. So, there must be something in the hair color itself that causes the reaction with me.

I thought I had sensitive skin! Goodness, that has to be rough. :|
"Life can't always be cheesecake."-Elvi Black

MysticFan

Postby Jewelz on January 17th, 2011, 8:15 am

susan60625 wrote:I tried coloring my hair once. Never again! It turns out that I'm allergic to hair coloring! My whole head swelled up like a balloon! It was a week before I could go out of the house again! And this was done by a professional.

What a horrid experiance, Sue! Natural hair color has its beauty too. I just finally had my hair cut short and styled. Now I feel like a new person. I usually go in every 3-4 months for a cut and color. Four months is usually stretching. But no, I went a record 8 months! Let my hair grow and it was a disaster. I've been trying to grow my bangs out again, so that why I held off on cutting it. I've been coloring my hair for years and have noticed lately that once the color fades my hair just looks blahhh! I've also held off on coloring too. Why not grow it out and start fresh? I'll start coloring again in late spring. I know my hairdresser was just itching to color and highlight this last time. She made sure to point out all my new natural highlights. LOL... Of course thats not what she called it. I think next time I color, my hair will have a revived healthy hue. I did this five years ago and it made a difference. You just have to bare through the disaster months. :D

Love is like a butterfly, it goes where it please's, and please's where it goes. :-)
Jewelz

Previous

Return to General Discussion