Favorite Music

Re: Favorite Music

Postby wren on September 16th, 2009, 1:10 am

MsKitty wrote:I saw Def Leppard in concert Nov last year - OMG... they were just AWESOME!! And I'm going to see AC/DC Feb next year with all my bogan mates!!

Hey, MsKitty, I saw AC/DC way back in 1983...ewww, that's a long time ago! :shock: Even then they were not really my favourite music, but it's amazing the things you'll do for your friends, like go to concerts to see a band you normally wouldn't bother about going to see! :lol: Not sure when my hearing fully returned...we were very near the cannons on the stage! :P
wren

Postby Mr Spice on September 16th, 2009, 5:08 pm

wren wrote:
MsKitty wrote:I saw Def Leppard in concert Nov last year - OMG... they were just AWESOME!! And I'm going to see AC/DC Feb next year with all my bogan mates!!

Hey, MsKitty, I saw AC/DC way back in 1983...ewww, that's a long time ago! :shock: Even then they were not really my favourite music, but it's amazing the things you'll do for your friends, like go to concerts to see a band you normally wouldn't bother about going to see! :lol: Not sure when my hearing fully returned...we were very near the cannons on the stage! :P

Hey, I saw Brian Johnson (singer of AC/DC) when he was still a Brit & singing with a band called Geordie. Now that's what I call old. I even bought their first single (45 - 7" vinyl for those too young to know what singles were.)
"A heavy snowfall,
They are just about to close
The great gate of the barrier"

Yosa Buson (1716-1783)
Mr Spice
Site Admin

Postby MsKitty on September 17th, 2009, 8:43 am

Mr Spice wrote:
wren wrote:

Hey, I saw Brian Johnson (singer of AC/DC) when he was still a Brit & singing with a band called Geordie. Now that's what I call old. I even bought their first single (45 - 7" vinyl for those too young to know what singles were.)

Go Wren you Rock Goddess!! I'm expecting to be deaf for a little while.. as well as losing my voice & having a sore neck from head banging!! cAN'T wAIT!!

It's OK Mr.Spice... I have 45's too!! Crackly things they are to listen too!! My girlfriend has a juke box that plays them!!
Ms Kitty - AEA Sister & Australian Council Enforcer Contact
MsKitty

Postby lisa on May 16th, 2010, 7:09 pm

Albannach totally rocks the bagpipe and drums! Thunderous primtive drumming and haunting bagpipe melodies! New song Heart in the Holyland is like bellydance and bagpipe! totaly wish I could dance! They have a totallly primtive sound and your whole body is like vibrating! Lynsay, you need to totally listen to some of their work when writing your Scot Historicals!
lisa

Postby sherr on May 16th, 2010, 7:16 pm

Right now I'm picking music with a beat to keep up with the walking....Katey Perry is becoming a fave along with Beyonce but I'm basically a oldie but a goodie girls so Beatles, the boss, the Stones
good girls don't make history and I plan on being very historical
sherr

Postby lisa on May 16th, 2010, 7:20 pm

Albannach totally has beat! ( understatement!!!!) I have walked on treadmill several times to Burlin and Claymores! I like lots of different types of music and oldies are goodies for a reason!
lisa

Postby TomEC on February 11th, 2011, 4:02 pm

So last night, while I was working, I found myself spending a while with some old familiar music I used to hear on the radio while I was growing up. Trooper, BTO (Bachman–Turner Overdrive), Martha and the Muffins, Simon and Garfunkel, Sweeney Todd, Steppenwolf, and a bunch of others, when I came upon one I hadn't listened to for a long time that really energized me "Magic Power" by Triumph. It still has the magic. Image

That song recalled to my mind a time when a teenage boy lived for girls, cars, and his stereo. He didn't care if his car was a junker as long as it was lined with shag carpet, had fuzzy dice hanging from the rearview mirror,and a killer stereo system (either 8-track or cassette). My older brother fit that mold perfectly; me, not so much. Still, it was the world I grew up in and I experienced it through my brother's eyes and remember it fondly.
“The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved, loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” -Victor Hugo
TomEC

Previous

Return to General Discussion