Favorite Music

Re: Favorite Music

Postby lisa on September 7th, 2008, 8:52 am

Thank you for the information on those two groups Mr Spice. I will have to check them out. BTW Wren I didnt even think about pirate reinactments ( we dont have too many pirates in eastern tn that I know of) but maybe Memphis area near the Mississippi River? I have not been to Memphis yet( as it is very far from eastern TN , where i live ) and they have very different types of celebrations and festivals.
lisa

Postby lisa on September 14th, 2008, 3:32 pm

Got to go to Albannach concert on Thursday and guess what? The opening act was Cutthroat shamrock! Think pirate/punk rockers. So I guess we do have pirates! I dont think my hearing has recovered yet! My little dog went missing the next evening so I forgot to mention this before. Please keep me in your thoughts/prayers, shes never been gone this long and she was a stray that showed up after 9-11 when everyone was still in shock and feeling fragile mentally even if you didnt know anyone that was killed. It has been very hot here and at this point I hope she has found someone who has airconditioned couch in front of a tv she can enjoy ( she can be a couch potato for a border collie/mix). With so much terrible things going on with natural disasters etc I know Im whining , sorry
Last edited by lisa on September 20th, 2008, 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lisa

Postby lisa on September 20th, 2008, 7:33 pm

Hey y'all, after reading on lynsay's blog about her possum expericence, and knowing her wacky sense of humor, i thought i would direct your attention to a local bluegrass group called wild blue yonder. They have the funniest song called THe Posssum Crawled Tonight". It is sung to the tune of the LIon sleeps tonight. They have a video on youtube and on their website Wildblueyonderband.com. THe song is hilarious( and here in Tennessee we have something called the 'roadkill bill' in our legislature prompted by a local senator where if you accidently hit a deer with your vehicle and kill it you can take it home and eat it !!!) The song appeared about the same time as that new law so im sure its connected. BTW i dont know the rules on eating what you hit so please dont come to TN and drive thru the state and national parks wearing your bib and carrying your knife and fork!!! :lol: :lol:
lisa

Postby love2read on September 20th, 2008, 10:45 pm

DARN! And i wanted to hit a cow, my family wants steak tomarrow now what will i do? .... oh well maybe i go buy it ready at the store like every other boring person (sigh) its not fun unless you hit it yourself... JUST KIDDING! :lol:
love2read

Postby lisa on September 22nd, 2008, 6:29 am

Maybe i should have put this in the food section? :lol: :lol:
lisa

Postby love2read on September 22nd, 2008, 6:39 am

Ok back to favorite music, i really like a little of everything but my faorite band right now (because i tend to change my favorite band according to my mood) is Evanescence. My all time favorite singer is Dido, she is a british singer and has songs that are really nice, i love her music. :)
love2read

Postby wren on March 20th, 2009, 6:25 am

Image I love Southern Gospel Music. Finally, after waiting for so long, Saturday night I am going to get to see The Gaither Vocal Band...with Bill Gaither, Wes Hampton, Michael English, Mark Lowry, & David Phelps! I've been singing to David Phelps O Holy Night cd since Christmas...had even reviewed it on Amazon! One of my all-time favourite songs is The Singer by David Phelps! Gypsy & I sing Mark Lowry's version ofHouse of Gold(written by the great Hank Williams Sr.) together all the time...we grew up with our Daddy singing it to the whole family. I cannot believe I managed to get tickets last Monday...in a really good section, because the frog prince wasn't here to monitor my ordering! LOL

The entire Wright (mine) & Gibbs (Gypsy's) families are going! We were raised on Country & Gospel music, even my dear hubby! In fact, it is suprising how much alike my parents and his parents were in their musical tastes! Gypsy & Kewie saw the GVB & the Gaither Homecoming Friends eight years ago...but the band changes periodically, and they bring different guests each tour. I cannot wait...the only thing I'll miss is that Guy Penrod is not currently with the band. I think he has left the band to pursue solo interests at this time...or either help his wife with those eight kids...7 boys and 1 baby girl! <grin>

So, anyway...that's some of our favourite music, and we look forward to having a great time at the concert this weekend. We will report back to you...as these musical artists still have solo commitments, I hope the entire band is there to perform! David Phelps, Michael English, & Mark Lowry are three of my favourite musicians. Image
wren

Postby MsKitty on June 13th, 2009, 6:34 am

I am a huge fan of One Hit Wonders... mostly from the 70's & 80's. I loved watching Countdown (Aus music show) whe I was very young & still love the music now! (Much to my husbands horror!)

I saw Def Leppard in concert Nov last year - OMG... they were just AWESOME!! And I'm going to see AC/DC Feb next year with all my bogan mates!!

I love to hear the violin & would love to hear live opera!

I love Jim Stienmans lyrics - just fantastic! I don't like it when lyrics don't make sense.

I don't like BAD covers of GREAT songs. Not a huge fan of 'doof doof' or anything that goes 'uns uns'.
Ms Kitty - AEA Sister & Australian Council Enforcer Contact
MsKitty

Postby jill on August 30th, 2009, 6:58 pm

love2read wrote:Ok back to favorite music, i really like a little of everything but my faorite band right now (because i tend to change my favorite band according to my mood) is Evanescence. My all time favorite singer is Dido, she is a british singer and has songs that are really nice, i love her music. :)

Love Dido but she never seems to have a concert up my way darn it...but if you hear of her heading to the east coast of the united states will travel to see her :)
“I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.” Oscar Wilde
jill

Postby rockie on September 15th, 2009, 6:29 pm

Well I have a new favorite song... well 2 of them..

The New one is Keith Urban's New Song "Only You Can Love Me This Way"
and the other is
Jason Aldean New song "Big Green Tractor"

They are really good :D
What did yall think about the VMA's and what Kanye West did to Taylor Swift?
AEA Sister♥☮☆♪
Sisterhood of the Traveling Fangs♥☮☆♪
Live
.♫
⋰**
⋱♫ ..Laugh
( ``✫•♫
`✫•.¸ )
¸. ✶♫....L♥ve
( ``✫•~
rockie

PreviousNext