Hardbacks....Request to Dorchester....Reply

Re: Hardbacks....Request to Dorchester....Reply

Postby wren on May 23rd, 2008, 10:55 pm

I've been slowly getting a second copy of each book in the series...you never know what any publishing house will do in the future, or how long it will take them to run a reprint when a book sells out. I started collecting a second copy of Lynsay's books when I realized the problems we were having previously with getting the original three Argeneau books.

I'll support any efforts to get all in hardbacks for those who are collecting them, although I generally prefer paperbacks myself. I bought the Harry Potter series in hardbacks, and I would certainly be willing to buy the Argeneau series since I reread them so often.
wren

Postby Jodi on May 24th, 2008, 9:58 am

I prefer paperbacks but I am not opposed to reading a hardback if that is all I can get.
Jodi

Postby Denise on May 24th, 2008, 10:34 am

Why don't we get everyone to go over to the Dorchester site and use their "Customer Service" form to contact them requesting the put out the three Argeneaus in Book Club Hardback. Maybe if they get enough requests, they'll do it.

If you are interested in helping, here's the link to the contact page:
http://www.dorchesterpub.com/Dorch/customerservice.cfm
Denise

Postby ~Linda~ on May 28th, 2008, 7:55 pm

ceeceebullet wrote:Eh. I personally like softcover. It fits in my purse nicely.
I always have a more difficult time with hardcovers. But I'll support those who want hardcovers! *starts a petition and hands it around to the forum*

Well I like to read paperback to take with me. But if I am sitting around the house I prefer hardbacks. I lurve to have pretty hardcover for my bookshelf. I even have the nice clear covers for them like the library has. Pathetic I know...
The world is so Backasswards
It makes me wish I was
DYSLEXIC!
~Linda~

Postby ~Linda~ on May 28th, 2008, 8:02 pm

Denise wrote:I'm a paperback fan, too, but I've already reread the argeneaus twice in one year and am on my third go 'round. I decided that I'd better pick up the hardbacks with the rate I'm re-reading. These are the only books I have purchased in hardback and I'd love to have the Dorchester Three to go with the set. But it looks like we may have to do some serious begging/griping/emailing to get them issued in HB.

Lynsay and JR Ward are the only ones that I HAVE to have in Hardback lol. If it is a book I love an re-read I do like to get it in hardcover.
The world is so Backasswards
It makes me wish I was
DYSLEXIC!
~Linda~

Previous

Return to General Discussion