⋱♫ ..Laugh
( ``✫•♫
`✫•.¸ )
¸. ✶♫....L♥ve
( ``✫•~
rockie

Re: Holiday Recipe Exchange & Holiday Traditions

Postby grlnxtdr29 on December 1st, 2010, 9:33 pm

Thanks! I'll look it up! If it is good, I'll post it here if I can!
grlnxtdr29

Postby MysticFan on December 14th, 2010, 4:20 pm

GND, I looked up the Paula Deen Eggnog Recipie (www.FoodNetwork.com) , but I do see that it uses raw eggs... so I foud a different version that cojuld be served to kids. I have not tried these recipies, I just wanted to help out if I could. :)

Ingredients
6 egg, separated*
3/4 cup sugar
1 pint heavy cream
4 pints milk
1/2 pint Bourbon
1 tablespoon vanilla
Nutmeg
Directions
In a bowl beat the egg yolks with the 1/2 cup of sugar until thick. In another bowl beat the egg whites with 1/4 cup of sugar until thick. In a third bowl beat the cream until thick. Add the cream to the yolks, fold in the egg whites, and add the milk, Bourbon, vanilla, and a pinch of nutmeg, if desired. Chill in freezer before serving.

Serve eggnog in a large punch bowl.

*RAW EGG WARNING

Food Network Kitchens suggest caution in consuming raw and lightly-cooked eggs due to the slight risk of Salmonella or other food-borne illness. To reduce this risk, we recommend you use only fresh, properly-refrigerated, clean, grade A or AA eggs with intact shells, and avoid contact between the yolks or whites and the shell.

I got this recipie from www.KraftFoods.com It is the healthy version, but I'm sure it would work well with altering the ingredients from sugar free & fat free and it would be fine.

Holiday Eggnog
What You Need
1 pkg. (1 oz.) JELL-O Vanilla Flavor Fat Free Sugar Free Instant Pudding
7 cups fat-free milk, divided
1 cup low-fat evaporated milk
2 tsp. rum extract

Make It
BEAT pudding mix and 2 cups milk in large bowl with whisk 2 min. Add remaining milk, evaporated milk and extract; mix well.

REFRIGERATE until ready to serve.

Kraft Kitchens Tips
Chocolate Nog Substitute JELL-O Chocolate Fat Free Sugar Free Instant Pudding for the vanilla pudding and vanilla extract for the rum extract.
"Life can't always be cheesecake."-Elvi Black

MysticFan

Postby grlnxtdr29 on December 15th, 2010, 12:22 am

Thanks, Mystic! I was going to try it out this weekend, and if it was any good I was gonna Post it. I also have one from Alton Brown I am going to try out too.
grlnxtdr29

Postby wren on October 29th, 2011, 9:13 am

It's that time of year again...bumping up so we can begin sharing holiday recipes & our traditions...old & new! :D
wren

Postby Jewelz on November 26th, 2011, 6:43 am

tkw5002 wrote:So I have a fun dip recipe thats really simple and can be made for any holiday party!!!!! It's a Mexican Chili dip. You need 2 blocks of cream cheese, 1 can of Hormel chili (without beans) and a bag of shredded taco cheese. Put the 2 blocks of cream cheese down in a pan first and smooth it out evenly. Next pour the Hormel chili over top of the cream cheese. After you have poured on the chili (as evenly as possible), sprinkle on a pretty thick layer of the shredded taco cheese on top. Pop it in the oven until the cheese on top melts and you have a yummy dish to share!!!!! It's really yummy with Fritos!!!!!!

Sounds good, I think I'll have to give it a try. :D Thanks for sharing.

Love is like a butterfly, it goes where it please's, and please's where it goes. :-)
Jewelz

Postby Jewelz on November 26th, 2011, 6:56 am

susan60625 wrote:I have a variation on Rice Crispie Treats. The variation is that before adding the cereal add green food coloring. Then, instead of Rice Crispies, use Corn Flakes. Line a cookie sheet with wax paper or parchment paper. Shape the coated corn flakes into cookie-sized wreath shapes on the paper. Dot with cinnamon red hots. Chill.

OMG Sue, thats the only kind of x-mas treats I usually make. LOL... I've never been much for baking or making candy. Although, I have been baking a little more this last year vs. previous years. I made fudge for the first time last month. It was okay, but I've had much better fudge. Now I want to make wreaths. Easy but tasty!

Love is like a butterfly, it goes where it please's, and please's where it goes. :-)
Jewelz

Postby grlnxtdr29 on December 7th, 2011, 12:21 pm

I am currently working on a recipe for a holiday trail Mix. I am still tweaking the ratios a bit, but if anyone wants to try the recipe I have so far and offer some feedback, I'd really appreciate it.

2 jars honey Roasted peanuts (You can use just plain Dry Roasted if you preffer)
2 1/2 cups raisens
2 cups dried cherries
1 package nestle chocolate chunks
1 package reese's peanut butter chips (or one large bag of Reeses' pieces)

Mix all ingredients thuroughly and store in a large air tight container
grlnxtdr29

Postby susan60625 on December 7th, 2011, 12:37 pm

Hey, GND! I haven't made this yet, but since you are calling this a holiday trail mix, why not include some craisins? Cranberries are a traditional holiday fruit! Maybe it would fit in nicely? Just a thought!
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby grlnxtdr29 on December 8th, 2011, 8:33 am

I'll try that with the next Batch. I was thinking the cherries would be kind of Christmasy with the chocolate Chunks, Cuz it reminded me of my Aunt who every year got a Box of Chocolate Covered Cherries from my Uncle for Christmas. I was thinking of her when I came up with the recipe, since this will be the first time in almost 50 Years he won't be there to give them to her.
grlnxtdr29

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion