Re: Halloween Costume Ideas?????

Postby sin on September 26th, 2010, 5:58 pm

See Mrs W I told you she was the queen of theme..lol

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby wren on September 26th, 2010, 6:01 pm

sin wrote:See Mrs W I told you she was the queen of theme..lol

No one should ever doubt my delusions of royalty, or my abilities to pull off a party or costume! Image *giggle*
wren

Postby sin on September 26th, 2010, 6:03 pm

So true..so true..We do not want a "reasonable woman" on our hands..Or Princess :D

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby cgsdesigns on October 5th, 2010, 12:48 am

OMG I love Halloween! I love to dress up and go crazy! It's the one night a year I can let my wild side out!

One year I built a wooden old style coffin and spray painted it black. I laid inside it and when the kids came up to ring the door bell I would sit up and say "Candy?" I love carving pumpkins and decorating the yard! I went as far as to string up a bunch of that spider web stuff on the trees between my house and the neighbors. Since the kids always cut between the trees, we had fun watching them trying to figure out what was going on! LOL I strung it so thin that it was just like a real spider web.

In the years past, an old family tradition that I picked up was to pass out either a beer or a shot of whiskey to the parents. I know, a weird tradition and I thank my dad for making it a part of Halloween so that I can mix alcohol into the mix! LOL I don't think I will be doing that this year. I haven't for the past couple of years just because I know a lot of the parents are driving now and I don't want to put anyone in danger.

My daughter used to love Halloween (she still does) because I love making costumes and doing the makeup. When I was younger I wanted to do makeup and special effects in the movies. :D One year I did my daughter as a dead person. At the time I worked at the hospital in town. I brought her in for my friends at work to see and the ER doctor said "If she wasn't walking, I'd send her to the morgue." I was told that I couldn't have made her more realistically dead. :D I dressed one of my girlfriends up as a pilot who crashed. She had a blast as I had done her makeup to look like she had an eyeball popping out and deep skin cuts with flappage. :D My daughter won a lot of costume contests through the years. I had a blast the year of "OJ"... I went as his dead bride. A huge gash in my throat.

This year I am going as a witch. I have a black velvet dress coming that is floor length, has bell sleeves, and two slits up the front, one in front of each leg. I also found a hot pink velvet witches hat that has beathers around the brim. I am taking hot pink tulle and sewing it into the slits to make them panels of pink. Then I have bought a bunch of hot pink feather boas and am going to put some around the neckline, and I am think of down the slits and around the cuffs of the sleeves. It all depneds on how it is starting to look as I get it put together. I am also going to dye the tips of my hair hot pink. I should do a good immitation of maribou! I found a hot pink glowing wand that I will use. And I have a few differnet gloves I am bidding on on eBay. I even found a pair of glasses with a witches nose on them that I am going to wear to therapy. :D

Right now my finger nails are painted orange with black angled tipswith silver and black swishes and glittered tips. :D This is my holiday :D
cgsdesigns

Postby susan60625 on October 6th, 2010, 4:11 pm

Well, I don't do the dressing up thing, but I went shopping today and I'm all set for the trick-or-treaters. Got all my candy. Let's see Fun Size Heath bars, Skittles, Milky Way, Pay Day, Twix, Starburst & Reese's PB cups. Wait....I haven't had a trick-or-treater in 6 years! I guess I'll just have to eat the candy! Well, I guess that's the punishment for not remembering! :lol:
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby sherr on October 6th, 2010, 4:25 pm

lol....you can send me the Reeses PB cups....they are my fave. You don't deserve to punish yourself that violently....health bars??? ICK!! No wonder you haven't seen a trick or treater in years.
good girls don't make history and I plan on being very historical
sherr

Postby susan60625 on October 6th, 2010, 6:41 pm

I live in a large apartment building in a big city! Trick or Treaters don't do apartment buildings! And I buy candy I like, so I will be able to eat the leftovers. I can't stand candy corn!
susan60625

Postby grlnxtdr29 on October 6th, 2010, 6:42 pm

Not HEALTH, HEATH bars. They are scrumptious! Toffee and Chocolate!
grlnxtdr29

Postby susan60625 on October 6th, 2010, 6:49 pm

Mmmmmm! Yummy!
susan60625

Postby sherr on October 7th, 2010, 3:30 am

Oh! :oops: