⋱♫ ..Laugh
( ``✫•♫
`✫•.¸ )
¸. ✶♫....L♥ve
( ``✫•~
rockie

Re: Becoming An Immortal

Postby TomEC on January 11th, 2011, 12:40 pm

Wow! I went and did a who post and submitted before I had noticed the colour change! Than I saw it. Then I saw that my post was up there. The turn must have been so traumatic that I blanked it from my memory!
Truly I am over the moon!
When I see the number of posts some of you put up I know I won't be able to equal that kind of output. I put a lot of pressure on myself that my posts should be fun and entertaining and if possible insightful or at least what passes for it with me. I guess now without the time delay I'll be posting more of the hi howyudoin' type posts. That'll be nice. Oh, oh, and the games! The delay made taking part in those seem kind of difficult.
Thank you all for making this forum what it is. This is going to be so much fun. One lollipop, Argeneau flavored. Hippity-hop to the candy shop!
“The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved, loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” -Victor Hugo
TomEC

Postby TomEC on January 11th, 2011, 12:42 pm

terri wrote:Congrats Goober! You are now going to live forever... <G>

Terri

Goober too! Here I was so full of myself, I didn't even notice! Congratulations to you!
“The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved, loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” -Victor Hugo
TomEC

Postby rockie on January 11th, 2011, 12:50 pm

congrats again! See turning is pretty easy huh?
AEA Sister♥☮☆♪
Sisterhood of the Traveling Fangs♥☮☆♪
Live
.♫
⋰**
⋱♫ ..Laugh
( ``✫•♫
`✫•.¸ )
¸. ✶♫....L♥ve
( ``✫•~
rockie

Postby susan60625 on January 11th, 2011, 1:51 pm

Welcome, Goober! BTW, do you prefer Goober or Tatiana? Whichever you prefer, is how we will proceed!

Oh, and Thomas, the Argeneau lollipop is a good idea! We have a thread here of dream merchandise we'd love to see in the Argeneau store. I'll look for it and bump it up. Did you know that there is a store where you can get Argeneau merchandise? There is a link on Lynsay's website. Look under the Cool Links section on Lynsay's page. There are a bunch of T-shirts and mugs available.
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby Goober on January 11th, 2011, 2:05 pm

Thank you :D and eithers fine lol which ever people can spell lol.

On an off note:
To my nephew: "did his hat get stuck in his butt"
Nephew: "YEAH!!"

Lmao sorry my nephews priceless ^^
Peace, Love, and a yummy Immortal... or two ;)
Goober

Postby tkw5002 on January 11th, 2011, 5:18 pm

Congratulations Goober!!!!! :D
At Last A Love Affair He Can Really Sink His Teeth Into

Image[/URL]
tkw5002

Postby TomEC on January 11th, 2011, 6:39 pm

susan60625 wrote:Oh, and Thomas, the Argeneau lollipop is a good idea!

You might regret my being turned if I keep dragging the treads down a rat hole like this, but here’s the thing: I didn’t come up with the lollipop idea on my own. It’s a partial quote from Zenna Henderson (see my post under Other Suggested Reads). She had such a wonderful ability with language I’ve had such a long acquaintance with her stories that I often find myself quoting her.
The quote comes from the story “Return.” The People had crashed on earth three generations before. After a ship from the New Home (a colony on another planet) finds the ones on Earth some decide to leave for the New Home to be with their own People. Debbie, one of those, finds herself deeply homesick for Earth and begs her husband to take her back. When she becomes pregnant, this conversation follows:
“This ought to make a bond between you and The Home,” he said. “Now you’ll find unsuspected virtues in this land you’ve been spurning.”
I felt my heart grow cold. “Oh, no, Thann!” I said. “Now more than ever we must go. Our child can’t be born here. He must be of Earth. And I want to be able to enjoy this Child Within—”
“This is quite a Child Without,” said Thann, tempering the annoyance in his voice by touching my cheek softly, “crying for a lollipop, Earth flavored. Ah, well!” He gathered me into his arms. “Hippity-hop to the candy shop!”

There's my confession. Why come up with your own stuff when you can borrow?
TomEC

Postby Lynsay on January 11th, 2011, 8:30 pm

Welcome Tomas and Goober.

Lynsay
Lynsay
Lynsay
Site Admin

Postby wren on January 11th, 2011, 8:37 pm

Congratulations Thomas!! Image

Congratulations Goober!! Image

Enjoy your new powers & privileges as a true Immortal! Celebrating with you!!!! Image
wren

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion