Becoming An Immortal

Re: Becoming An Immortal

Postby TomEC on January 14th, 2011, 2:55 pm

Some people throw their coats over the puddles for others to walk over and some people are the puddles. This is the eternal truth no matter how long we live. Still, the holes do give us fodder for some entertaining fiction. Might as well make lemon-aid I guess.
“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” -Albert Einstein
TomEC

Postby Lynsay on January 14th, 2011, 3:05 pm

This is true Thomas. I mean if the holes didn't make trouble, the good guys couldn't show their heroism and just plain nicerness....I LOVE making up new words. LOL. And those holes make the books better, so that's some darned good lemonade

Lynsay
Lynsay
Lynsay
Site Admin

Postby Jewelz on January 17th, 2011, 7:20 am

Goober wrote:
TomEC wrote:
Thomas is fine. If I had it to do over again, I would had made that my handle rather than TomEC.

Cool and yeah what does the "EC" part mean?

TomEC wrote:Tatiana, that's not weird at all. The weird ones are the ones who'd rather be dead. If I were ever offered a chance to live indefinitely in good health I sure wouldn't need to think about it. I don't want to miss anything.

Yeah, the only thing that would ever stop me from picking living forever (at least with the leave after 10 years rule) would be my nephew. I would totally break that with my nephew, or I'd at least keep an eye on him, but that would be so hard.

Would you drag it out 10 yrs or cut ties now? Its a hard one to answer. Living forever (can be a long time) would have its appeal as long as you had some friends, a lifemate like Lynsay's immortals, and good health. Lets say you met your lifemate. You get married and have a baby, then 10 yrs later you have to fake your deaths with a crazy accident to convince your loved ones that you've all died in a tragic accident. It's just more grieving for your loved ones. If I tried to move away to hide my non-aging appearance, some how I think my family would eventually catch up with me and find out the truth. I have a huge family. It sounds harsh, but I'd have to cut ties. Of course, this is just one of my crazy thoughts. ;)

Love is like a butterfly, it goes where it please's, and please's where it goes. :-)
Jewelz

Postby Goober on January 18th, 2011, 6:54 pm

Jewelz wrote:
Goober wrote:
TomEC wrote:
Thomas is fine. If I had it to do over again, I would had made that my handle rather than TomEC.

Cool and yeah what does the "EC" part mean?

TomEC wrote:Tatiana, that's not weird at all. The weird ones are the ones who'd rather be dead. If I were ever offered a chance to live indefinitely in good health I sure wouldn't need to think about it. I don't want to miss anything.

Yeah, the only thing that would ever stop me from picking living forever (at least with the leave after 10 years rule) would be my nephew. I would totally break that with my nephew, or I'd at least keep an eye on him, but that would be so hard.

Would you drag it out 10 yrs or cut ties now? Its a hard one to answer. Living forever (can be a long time) would have its appeal as long as you had some friends, a lifemate like Lynsay's immortals, and good health. Lets say you met your lifemate. You get married and have a baby, then 10 yrs later you have to fake your deaths with a crazy accident to convince your loved ones that you've all died in a tragic accident. It's just more grieving for your loved ones. If I tried to move away to hide my non-aging appearance, some how I think my family would eventually catch up with me and find out the truth. I have a huge family. It sounds harsh, but I'd have to cut ties. Of course, this is just one of my crazy thoughts. ;)

I think I would have to cut ties as soon as possible, yeah the whole dying a horrible death just wouldn't work. Thankfully most of my family is in the US, so I think I'd safe in Canada or over seas.
Peace, Love, and a yummy Immortal... or two ;)
Goober

Postby terri on January 24th, 2011, 11:54 am

Hi All!

Just like to congratulate ElectricFedora on becoming IMMORTAL! Woohoo! Test out those new fangs ElectricFedora.

<G>
Terri
terri
Site Admin

Postby susan60625 on January 24th, 2011, 12:00 pm

Congrats ElectricFedora! I hope the turning was painless!
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Just when you start to like him." C. Valens
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby rockie on January 24th, 2011, 2:10 pm

Congrats ElectricFedora!
AEA Sister♥☮☆♪
Sisterhood of the Traveling Fangs♥☮☆♪
SASSy ARGENEAUTS ♥☮☆♪
ImageLive
.♫
⋰**
⋱♫ ..Laugh
( ``✫•♫
`✫•.¸ )
¸. ✶♫....L♥ve
( ``✫•~
rockie

Postby MysticFan on January 24th, 2011, 4:54 pm

Congrats ElectricFedora! Welcome to the family! :D
"Life can't always be cheesecake."-Elvi Black

MysticFan

Postby TomEC on January 24th, 2011, 6:30 pm

Congratulations to you, ElectricFedora! Remember, with great power comes great responsibility.
“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” -Albert Einstein
TomEC

Postby wren on January 25th, 2011, 1:00 pm

WooHoo, ElectricFedora...see how painless the turn is on the forum! Welcome to the blue group! :D
wren

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion