Publishing Schedule for next two years

Re: Publishing Schedule for next two years

Postby cgsdesigns on November 6th, 2010, 11:03 pm

Lynsay wrote:Ugh! Math! The only math I like is sudoku

Lynsay

LOL Now that's my kind of math!

Any other is just headache causing and too easily forgotten for me!
cgsdesigns

Postby rockie on November 6th, 2010, 11:47 pm

cgsdesigns wrote:

Lynsay

LOL Now that's my kind of math!

Any other is just headache causing and too easily forgotten for me!

That is true!!! its a major headache!!
AEA Sister♥☮☆♪
Sisterhood of the Traveling Fangs♥☮☆♪
Live
.♫
⋰**
⋱♫ ..Laugh
( ``✫•♫
`✫•.¸ )
¸. ✶♫....L♥ve
( ``✫•~
rockie

Postby Lynsay on November 7th, 2010, 12:45 pm

If Algebra is the stuff with x's and y's where you have to figure out what their values are, I didn't mind that. It was kind of like a puzzle and I always enjoy puzzles

Lynsay
Lynsay
Lynsay
Site Admin

Postby cgsdesigns on November 7th, 2010, 1:37 pm

Lynsay wrote:If Algebra is the stuff with x's and y's where you have to figure out what their values are, I didn't mind that. It was kind of like a puzzle and I always enjoy puzzles

Lynsay

My favorite part of Algebra was the fact that they gave you the answers most of the time, you just had to tell them how they got there. LOL
cgsdesigns

Postby feanturien on November 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm

If Algebra is the stuff with x's and y's where you have to figure out what their values are, I didn't mind that. It was kind of like a puzzle and I always enjoy puzzles

Lynsay

Exactly!!! I feel the same way. I loved algebra and trig in high school but hated geometry especially proofs. :P
feanturien

Postby susan60625 on November 15th, 2010, 10:56 pm

feanturien wrote:

Lynsay

Exactly!!! I feel the same way. I loved algebra and trig in high school but hated geometry especially proofs. :P

Now, see, in high school I had a terrible time with Algebra, because I found easier ways to do the problems, came up with the correct answers, but was graded down because I didn't follow the "proper" steps. But, I got straight A's in geometry. I've been told that most people do better in one or the other. Algebra is considered more abstract, but geometry is more logical.

I am doing better with the algebra this time around. So far, I'm carrying a 99.8% avg.
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby grlnxtdr29 on November 15th, 2010, 11:44 pm

I Hated math in school, because I could look at a problem and tell you the answer, but I couldn't show you how I got the answer. More than once I had teachers accuse me of cheating and use a calculator, but I wasn't cheating. My Mother says my Grandfather was the same way. He could solve even complex equasions in his head, but couldn't tell you how he got the answer. I'm not as good at it as he was, but it aggrivated my teachers. Finally in High School one of my teachers figured out that if I spoke the equasions out loud, instead of writing them out, I would say the parts I wasn't showing on my paper. After that he let me do my quizes outloud after everyone else had left.
grlnxtdr29

Postby wren on November 16th, 2010, 9:37 am

Lynsay

The frog prince loves sudoku, too, Lynsay. However, he is very good in math, and took over the teaching in Jr. High with our sons. Math is my weak subject. Fortunately, I made it through College Chemistry, because dear hubby tutored me on the math. I had forgotten most of what I had learned in high school. :cry:

Our sons now do a computer math program that has a textbook to accompany it...they watch the lesson, work the sample problems, then do the textbook work. The program even has the solutions for the textbook work, so they can check to see where they went wrong if they miss problems or get stumped. The program is called "Teaching Textbooks" and the writers/publishers are former homeschooled students. It was so kind of them to have it ready in time for my boys high school years! lol They now publish for Arithmetic for grades 3-6, grades 7 & 8 Pre-Algebra & Pre-Geometry, and grades 9-12 (High School) Algebra 1 & 2, Geometry, Trigonometry, and Calculus. I'm overjoyed because it takes care of all of our math! I wish something like it had been available when I was still in school! :D
wren

Postby Rawr on November 16th, 2010, 11:23 am

grlnxtdr29 wrote:hehe, while I always want hints about what ever book is coming out next, the one I am really Looking forward to is Jeane Louise's. Ever since she first appeared at Lissi's bridal Shower in LB, I've wondered if she had some hidden secret. The Quiet ones always do. I keep pcturing her as a closet Dominatrix :twisted: :lol:

((First this is my 20th post yay!!!)) *cracks up at the post in the middle of starbuck while onlookers give odd looks* You know I would not be opposed to this and as it seemed from Marguerite's assessment of G.G.'s club from what i remember that she said "the room is very relaxing which from what Mirabeau said that the other rooms are NOT so much" vague rememberance just saying and yes a nudge that G.G. should be Jeane Louise's lifemate. Oh and in case lynsay you need some *cough* outside perspective on that type of club. I *cough* might be of some use. *ahem* >;) did i not mention i was a bit perverted?
Rawr

Postby Lynsay on November 16th, 2010, 7:08 pm

Ooooo, another sudokuist! I do love those puzzles. My logical mind I guess.

Rawr....starbucks? I am going to a William's Pub in a little bit to grab a cappucino and scribble some ideas. We shall be coffeeing and writing at the same time miles apart. LOL.

I shall put a note on Terri's desk about your reaching twenty posts so she can immortalize you, or turn you, or ...er...well, you know. LOL

Lynsay
Lynsay
Lynsay
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion