Favorite Quotes or Statements from Lynsay

Re: Favorite Quotes or Statements from Lynsay

Postby sin on November 3rd, 2010, 10:01 am

Jewelz it is the Beach scene..wink wink

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby Lynsay on November 3rd, 2010, 6:22 pm

Dang! I wrote the darned thing and was wondering where it came from myself. Honestly, I sometimes think I don't write them so much as ....darn...what's the word where someone speaks through you? Sigh.. A medium? Where they come out of the fugue state not knowing what occurred? Anyway, I know so little about my own books, it does often make me wonder. Mind you I've written 47 stories now...That's a heck of a lot to keep in your head, so I guess I'll forgive myself.

Lynsay
Lynsay
Lynsay
Site Admin

Postby sherr on November 4th, 2010, 4:49 am

Forgive yourself....I can't remember my grocery list one minute after I write it down.....how are you suppose to remember every detail of 47 books.
good girls don't make history and I plan on being very historical
sherr

Postby wren on November 4th, 2010, 8:27 am

Lynsay wrote:Dang! I wrote the darned thing and was wondering where it came from myself. Honestly, I sometimes think I don't write them so much as ....darn...what's the word where someone speaks through you? Sigh.. A medium? Where they come out of the fugue state not knowing what occurred? Anyway, I know so little about my own books, it does often make me wonder. Mind you I've written 47 stories now...That's a heck of a lot to keep in your head, so I guess I'll forgive myself.

Lynsay

You're trying to say that you "channel" them, Lyns? ;)

Hon, while you may feel like you are in a trance sometimes when typing away & dealing with deadlines, you do write them, but then all the other books & characters along with the future books & characters are whirling around in your head...and a character trying to get his voice heard may get antsy if you were focused on others who had already had their stories told. Image It's a wonder you can even walk around with all that dizzy whirling going on in that creative part of your brain, much less while listening to chatty characters that just decide to talk out of the blue anytime & anywhere. Do they give you any privacy at all? Hmmm? Image Let's see if I can imagine it...

Lynsay is in a nice bubble bath, some great candles providing her fave aromatherapy, a nice glass of wine & snacks on the table next to her, and a novel that she is ready to read while soaking until her heart is content. She is ready to settle in and let her brain relax when a voice speaks.

Elspeth ~ "How come Cale got a book before I did? I came to Lissi's birthday party, but where have I been since then? Nobody on the forum knows! I understood about Decker, since he was already in Canada, but now everyone is asking for Jeanne Louise, especially since they are hoping that G.G. is her life mate. Jeanne Louise this and Jeanne Louise that...boohoo."

Stephano ~ "Well, Lynsay, Marguerite & Christian turned your attention to the Notte family again, but you have let it slip that there are a lot of cousins in Christian's band, which means a lot more Nottes. These cousins must come from Julius' other sisters families, huh? Btw, what's up with that Basha chick? I was having my crisis first! Now I guess we'll just meet all the rest of my family before I get to tell my story. Elspeth, why don't we have tea and pout together?"

Jeanne Louise ~ "Oh, Elspeth, she didn't say for sure that my book was coming up, just that it might be the July 2012 book. Right now, Daddy & I are getting to know one another and I'm getting to know his new life mate, Eshe. It is really good to have both of my brothers and their life mates back in my life again, and now I have six more brothers and sisters to meet. Hmmm? I wonder what it would be like to have a life mate..."

Basha to Leo 2 ~ "Good. They are not thinking about us so much. The time may be coming soon to make our next move. As for that whiny Stephano, I'll reveal myself when I'm ready and not a moment sooner. They know Basha is my real name. What more do they need?" <Stamps her foot, and picks up one of Leo 2's no-fanger sons, throwing him into the next room, yelling "I told you to stay out of my things!">

Lisa ~ "Hey, all of you wait just a minute. Lynsay also has a huge following of historical readers, and right now she is listening to my story. After all, deadlines are part of the contract, and both of my sisters' books are making their debut in Winter 2011. You Immortals seem to think you are Lynsay's only series...NOT! Historical readers are beginning to speak up on her facebook page. Take that! Image " <Lisa's older sisters, Christiana and Suzette admonish her for sticking out her tongue...not ladylike behavior...so Lisa Imagethem!>

Lord Rolph ~ "Yes, Lisa, I understand how you feel, but since it took one publisher so long to sell Lynsay's earlier historicals to the other publisher, some of us have been waiting what seems to be an Immortal lifetime in historical oblivion. Now Lynsay will have to go back and reread her own books and research her notes from 1997 and beyond to even begin on my book. Fortunately, I have a following on the forum, and they are clamoring for my humble tale. In the meantime, I'll continue polishing my sword. Oh, you modern women. Get your minds out of the gutter. A hero has to be ready at all times."

Kyle & Claire and Jill & Nick ~ "Well, our stories have been told in anthologies, but has the shapeshifter family even had an honorable mention since. Lynsay, surely some of our relatives might be due a full novel, or at least another story. We are an entire different breed of paranormal, even if some authors like to lump us all together. Beth is much older now, and she is wondering how come Stephanie is the one being thought about for a young adult series."

Anders ~ "Lyns, I've been thinking about getting a dog. Do you think Sam would keep an eye on him at the Enforcer house when I'm on a hunt? Justin, you spilled the wine in her bubble bath."

Justin ~ "I didn't spill it, Anders. She threw it at me because I was just having a bite of the snacks next to her. A man gets hungry doing the work we have to do. Lord Rolph, I bet I have a bigger following on the forum and my life mate is waiting impatiently, but I'm not ready to talk yet. I'm still young and...wait...I'm still eating..." <as Anders moves the table...and the food...away>

Marguerite ~ "Lynsay...<whispers>...now that's just between us, dear...but I think they would make a lovely couple." <leaves with Julius>

Julius ~ "woof" translation - "Marguerite is so busy with the "other" Julius these days. Hey, when do I get a life mate? I don't have as much time as an Immortal or as long to make small canines. Maybe Anders needs a female companion of the canine kind? After all, I did help show Lucian's softer side, and I helped out that red-headed kid so he didn't get the old stake & bake treatment. I'm a hero. I need to contact the office of animal rights due to nano-discrimination. I don't get any nanos because I'm a dog. How is that fair? Does Bastien have any animal lovers researching our needs? Don't narrow your cat-eyes at me, Emma. Even I know that Bastien is the 'go-to man' of the Immortals."

Emma ~ "Are they never quiet? It's obvious why cats are the superior species. Doesn't that dog know the difference between fantasy and fiction? If he were real, I would lock him up with Pokey-Pudge and let him eat bugs. Now, where did I put Tigger this time? It's amusing to see Terri running all over the house."<casually examines a lifted paw>

Jag ~ "Cats rule, Emma. Oh, wait. I'm not one of Lynsay's characters. Sorry, but I'm in another story in one of your anthologies, and ferals have really excellent hearing. Olivia, I wasn't eavesdropping on purpose. I don't know why you don't believe me." Olivia ~ He knows! :roll:

Emma ~ "Hmmph! I'm not a character, you feral-wanna-be cat! I'm an intelligent real-life cat who knows how Lynsay and Terri think! ♫ Tigger is going to be in trouble again. ♫ I put him in the wrapping paper for the new books. Image "

Jackie ~ "Jag was in your book, Tiny. However, if you had been more cooperative, Lynsay would have given you a full novel much sooner, and you would have already been turned and enjoying Immortal life. You and Teddy got novellas in holiday anthologies because you're both uncooperative mortal males. Sheesh, and I thought Immortal males were trouble! Marguerite and I would have been a lot less worried about something happening to you, and I"m sure Elvi and Mabel are breathing a sigh of relief Even the nanos can't bring someone back from the dead."

Jane Spyrus ~ "Wow! They're all whiny, but I'm the one that's out-of-print and I'm the only true Contemporary."

Marcus (just sitting quietly <grrr...oh sorry, that growl was me displaying my impatience with his reluctance to speak>), Stephanie, Raphael, Wyatt, Inez' Portuguese family, Juli & Vicki (in unison), Dante & Tommaso (speaking together, finishing each others sentences), Cedric, Lady Helen,The King ( who believes, as royalty, he should be first when speaking), Leo 421 (complaining that Basha is mean to him), a large group of Highlanders in Kilts (each challenging one another to battle for the right to be the next "Highland" book), and all the characters (except for those mated who are doing what the mated ones do Image) from the books and genres are talking to Lynsay & each other at the same time... :mrgreen:

Lynsay, with a sigh, closes her unread book, throws everyone out of the bath, blows out the candles with a silent wish, gets dressed, moves to the office...turns on the computer...goes into a trance to "channel" just one voice from among all the chatter. Along with sanity, maybe food, sleep, and leisurely bubble-baths are over-rated anyway. ;) :D

On the other hand, I can just reach up & pluck out of my head what I've read over & over to answer a question or recall a passage. I've read Love Bites seven times plus the many passages when playing the forum games...the only thing surprising is that I couldn't pull up the page numbers of Etienne & Rachel's beach scene without going to get my book. Same with sin! That's why we are the readers! :lol: 8-)

You know I love ya, Lynsay! ♥ wren
wren

Postby sin on November 4th, 2010, 9:05 am

and did we remember to breathe while writing this sister dear? And yes we have at least 2 copies of every book. Not to mention we also have them on wren-nook me computer. That way they are very close to us. Also you must not forget Valerian, Lucian dose not just call anyone to watch out for his niece. **wink wink**

sin

Postby wren on November 4th, 2010, 10:40 am

sin wrote:and did we remember to breathe while writing this sister dear? And yes we have at least 2 copies of every book. Not to mention we also have them on wren-nook me computer. That way they are very close to us. Also you must not forget Valerian, Lucian dose not just call anyone to watch out for his niece. **wink wink**

I just love that name, big sis...Valerian...his name just sounds YUMMY! 8-)

Cameo appearance - by wren's older son
Thing1: Did you just start that post? Because it's not that long?

No, I'm just replying to aunt sin, who was replying to my post that was this <puts hands far apart> long!

Thing1: Oh. I was thinking, "Good for mom, showing that she is able to write a short post." :lol:

See, I'll show you my post! It's this one... :D

Thing1: Gees, Mom!!!! :roll: :!:
wren

Postby sin on November 4th, 2010, 10:44 am

Thing1 nephew I do try to get her to post short. But alas it just is not her style. sighs.
Well maybe one day.

Now sis put that cauldron down this instant.

sin

Postby sin on November 4th, 2010, 10:48 am

mmm yummy Valerian. Methinks he is also a BC man..

sin

Postby wren on November 4th, 2010, 10:56 am

sin wrote:Thing1 nephew I do try to get her to post short. But alas it just is not her style. sighs.
Well maybe one day.

Now sis put that cauldron down this instant.

Thing1: Are you talking about the candy cauldron? It's in the living room right now. Thing2 found a couple of snickers that Mom hadn't found yet. He doesn't eat them. He doesn't like peanuts. I like peanuts.

Where are they?

Thing1: In the candy cauldron.

Do you plan to eat them?

Thing1: I dunno.

bwahahahah...

Thing1: :lol: I'll go get on my computer now, Mom.

Hmmm...try to get some schoolwork finished!

Thing1: work?! Blah! I just came in here for food & allergy medicine.

I love you, aunt sin! :)

I love you too, sis...but I'm not putting down either cauldron. The Snickers are mine. All Mine!! Catch me if you can! Thing1 will be happy if I buy some Reese's PB Cups later! :mrgreen:

Valerian sounds BC to me...but he could be yummy ancient without being BC.
wren

Postby sin on November 4th, 2010, 10:58 am

Love you too nephew. and you also sis. I'll buy him whichever candy he wants. Yes it is a bribe for him to help his aunt Sin

sin

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion