Home Remedies?

Re: Home Remedies?

Postby susan60625 on November 8th, 2010, 11:57 pm

It is November, isn't it? Are we really supposed to have 70 degree (F) days in November in Chicago? The answer to that is NO! We haven't even had a hard enough frost here yet to kill the darned Ragweed! Hopefully once that happens, I'll be able to breathe again without decongestants and nasal sprays! These stuffed up sinuses keep triggering minor asthma attacks. Is it so much to ask for nanos, just to be able to breathe again?

Oh, Mrs.W, you've got to try the recipe, and then let me know how you liked it. Since I live alone, I have enough to last me for the rest of the week! But I don't mind! I haven't made it in a long time and it really tastes goooood!
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby Denise on November 9th, 2010, 2:52 am

grlnxtdr29 wrote:Hey sue, you would probably love one of my Family's Favorite Recipes. Suarkraut Pie. Browned ground beef, topped with a layer of Suarkraut and covered in Mashed Potatoes. Bake until the top is golden Brown. I Love it! I try to make it atleast once a month for me and the Kids, but Hubby doesn't like it.

That sounds good to me, but the rest of the family would turn their noses up. I may just have to make some, anyway.
Denise

Postby Lynsay on November 9th, 2010, 1:16 pm

I know what you're talking about CG and I have two of them. Just haven't been brave enough to try them yet. I hate water in my nose. It hurts, lol.

I like sauerkraut but only on a bun with knackwurst, mustard and ketchup. Or my mom used to make pork chops and potatoes with sauerkraut which was good. Haven't had either in forever though. I'm the natural fruit and nut chick at the moment, though Leigh made me Asian steak last night which was AWESOME. But it's fruits an nuts all day to make up for it.

Lynsay on a macadamia nut kick at the moment
Lynsay
Lynsay
Site Admin

Postby jill on November 9th, 2010, 8:57 pm

luv me some sauerkraut and hot dogs mmmmmmmmmm yum!
“I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.” Oscar Wilde
jill

Postby cgsdesigns on November 9th, 2010, 10:25 pm

I had to think of you all tonight as I tried a new dinner....

I tried Couscous tonight.

I always thought it sounded cool.... has a neat name.....

It was a medertrainian vegetable mix and I tell you what....

It kinda had a taste like bad kraut.

It may have a cool name, but, that's one meal I won't be trying again.

*shudders*

My Mom makes a kraut and apple casserole that sounds really good about now. I'll have to see if I can talk her into making it for Thanksgiving dinner.
cgsdesigns

Postby sherr on November 10th, 2010, 4:51 am

lol....I lived in Morocco for 6 months and coucous is a staple in the diet....EVERY day....when I left that sand pit I swore never to eat it again. I did though 22 years later mixing it with garlic and herbs. It taste much better now without the sand that seem to find its way into it.
good girls don't make history and I plan on being very historical
sherr

Postby grlnxtdr29 on November 10th, 2010, 9:56 am

I love cuscous with Chicken and asperaguswith a light garlic sauce. I got the recipe from my Aunt, who was born in French Moracco
grlnxtdr29

Postby cgsdesigns on November 10th, 2010, 9:05 pm

Now those mixtures don't sound too bad, but man, those veggies that Swanns put into it made it taste like almost rotten kraut.

*shudders at the memory*

come to think of it though, it did manage to clean the sinuses out! LOL

So there ya go, a new home remedy.... rotten kraut!
cgsdesigns

Postby tkw5002 on November 11th, 2010, 10:16 pm

Susan, I will try it!!!!! :) Hopefully soon! (I'm looking forward to it) I have a friend who has a big roaster so I want to talk to her and see if she wants to get together and we can make it/share it. I think she would like it pretty well. The weather here in PA is so messed up right now. High of 61 today, low of 30 tonight. It's no wonder I can't kick the dad'gum cold. Grrrr! Tomorrow it's supposed to go up to 63. Oy!!!!!!!
At Last A Love Affair He Can Really Sink His Teeth Into

Image[/URL]
tkw5002

Postby sin on November 12th, 2010, 7:24 pm

rockie wrote:Its getting on my nerves!! I mean really.. I wish it would make up its mind a stay cold or stay warm!!

Could not agree more

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion