What does your avatar and signature/quote say about you?

Re: What does your avatar and signature/quote say about you?

Postby jill on June 1st, 2008, 12:27 pm

What does my avatar say about me? I am not sure really. I picked it because it is the closest thing I found the expresses my attitude toward life. Unfortunately life can be quite brutal emotional, physically, and mentally. I know everyone knows what I am talking about. But we have 2 options in this life. We can allow it to drag us down to point that we poison ourselves and those around us or we can "Keep Smiling". I personally choose to "Keep Smiling".

My quote was one I found while looking for funny sayings. I fell in love with this quote. As to what it says about me I think it speaks for itself.
“I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.” Oscar Wilde
jill

Postby shaashaine on June 2nd, 2008, 3:55 pm

To tell you the truth i didnt really think about the meaning of my avatar until this thread. The pic is me btw lol. I didnt really want to make an avatar because it took me forever to make the last and only one i made because there were so many pretty lilttle things and ways to make then unique that i couldnt make up my mind so i went and put a pic of me instead..

now what it means...
It says a lot about my personality and whats important to me which are family, fun, & laughter.
The pic was taken the summer of '07 at Ed Debevics in down town Chicago. I think there are Ed's all over the country but im not sure where they are (its on their website though). The restaurant is like a throwback to the '50s where the waiters and waitresses make fun of you in a good-natured make-the-people-on-your-table laugh kinda way. everyone has fun and we were lucky that we got there early so we didnt have to wait for a table. If you wanna see part of the video that was taken during a performance go to http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea ... ID=8771769 One of the performers was our waiter named Col. Mustard from the board game. :) Me and my friend we're laughing out butts off when he said "you're taping this? i hate you!" and then some other guy goes "I cant jam to star wars!" :lol:

I went there with a friend who i consider family, heck I'm closer to her than i am with my sisters. we've know each other since the 8th grade. Our friendship started thanks to our similar ethnic background. She's one of the few whom i've kept in contact with after graduation and i know i have a friend for life.
I've always know that i have a twisted sense of humor, mixed with a touch of sarcasm and bam! ME :lol:
you probably can't see it but i have a crayon between my mouth and nose, and a hat with god knows what was written on it (i forgot) but i had fun there.

That the setting of the pic is a restaurant says a lot about me too. I LOVE food. Any kind of food. Asian, Mexican, Italian, Soul food you name it i love it. Though i've never tried Indian food i hear its spicy.

As for the quotes, they're from books I've read. The first one is from jennifer crusie's Faking It "If you can't be a good example, then you'd just have to be a horrible warning." First time i read that qoute i almost peed myself (but i didnt thank God that would've been emabrassing :oops: ) The next one is from a Harlequin Duets which are 2 romantic comedies in one book. "Lead me not into temptation. I can find it on my own, thank you." Did i mention i have a twisted sense of humor? :) and now its Jason Kidd who made me laugh because...well the quote pretty much speaks for itself. I will probably only put (what i think are) humorous quotes here. And the dancing letters are so cute they make me smile. Thats pretty much it: all i want is to be happy and if i make other ppl smile then so be it. :)
"Bippidy, Boppidy, BACON!"
shaashaine

Postby sin on June 2nd, 2008, 7:03 pm

Shaa..Indian food is spicy. My husband went 4 times a year..He loved the food. Much better than in the States..Also in the Philippines..Which he will be the end of this week..

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby shaashaine on June 3rd, 2008, 5:03 pm

HEY! I'm from the Philippines love the food...WHAHOO! ok i'm done :)
shaashaine

Postby sin on June 3rd, 2008, 5:25 pm

Hubby will be going to Manila..will be gone gone about 3 weeks..He looks forward to going..except the being away from me..If all goes well around the first of the year I may go with him..not looking forward to the shots that first time travelers have to get...owie!!!!

sin

Postby shaashaine on June 3rd, 2008, 5:39 pm

I havent been there in a while but i'm guessing traffic still sucks..well hope you have fun if you go

and i hate those shots too...and they HAVE to do them all at the same time
shaashaine

Postby sin on June 3rd, 2008, 5:54 pm

give me a all on one any day..beats several..

sin

Postby Stauri on June 21st, 2008, 1:48 pm

As you guys can see I've gotten a new Avatar, I changed mine into a vampire pixie. :D Decided to show my true self, although there is still the witch/wizard in me, might as well look the way I want to look right. Maybe it will attract an Immortal. ;)

All the reasonings of men are not worth one sentiment of women. - Voltaire
Stauri

Location: Somewhere in the woods of Tomball (a suburb of Houston), TX

Postby jill on June 21st, 2008, 7:37 pm

Its fits you perfectly!!!! :D
“I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.” Oscar Wilde
jill

Postby sin on June 21st, 2008, 8:11 pm

Love it.

sin

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion