What does your avatar and signature/quote say about you?

Re: What does your avatar and signature/quote say about you?

Postby rockie on November 17th, 2010, 10:24 pm

OK, so here goes post number 997! lol..
My avatar and sigy are just as they state!
My avatar is something that i love dearly! PEACE and LOVE! :) my new peace sign! :)
and then my sigy is that of my nickname and such!
AEA Sister♥☮☆♪
Sisterhood of the Traveling Fangs♥☮☆♪
Live
.♫
⋰**
⋱♫ ..Laugh
( ``✫•♫
`✫•.¸ )
¸. ✶♫....L♥ve
( ``✫•~
rockie

Postby wren on November 18th, 2010, 8:05 am

rockie wrote:OK, so here goes post number 997! lol..
My avatar and sigy are just as they state!
My avatar is something that i love dearly! PEACE and LOVE! :) my new peace sign! :)
and then my sigy is that of my nickname and such!

And your siggy is in one of your fave colors! :mrgreen:
wren

Postby rockie on November 18th, 2010, 11:36 am

wren wrote:
rockie wrote:OK, so here goes post number 997! lol..
My avatar and siggy are just as they state!
and then my siggy is that of my nickname and such!

And your siggy is in one of your fave colors! :mrgreen:

Oh yes it is!! :)
AEA Sister♥☮☆♪
Sisterhood of the Traveling Fangs♥☮☆♪
Live
.♫
⋰**
⋱♫ ..Laugh
( ``✫•♫
`✫•.¸ )
¸. ✶♫....L♥ve
( ``✫•~
rockie

Postby cgsdesigns on November 18th, 2010, 7:09 pm

There, I had to go back to the picture of one of my babies. I couldn't take the pink hair looking at me any longer! :)
cgsdesigns

Postby wren on December 7th, 2010, 8:01 pm

cgsdesigns wrote:There, I had to go back to the picture of one of my babies. I couldn't take the pink hair looking at me any longer! :)

:lol: It was a cute avatar, but your "baby" is very sweet too!
wren

Postby TomEC on December 23rd, 2010, 4:02 pm

I wish I have something more interesting to share about my choices here but I’m kind of new to this. You may find this hard to believe if you’ve read some of my other posts but I’m usually too shy to do anything lurk on forums. It’s true that I’ve joined some photography and design forums over the years but I didn’t post to them much. I had this paranoid fear that I would say the wrong thing and folks would take a dislike to me. Lynsay’s books finally caused my hunger for some good old book-talk to boil over and so here I am. The welcome I’ve received here has convinced me that I’ve actually found a place on the net where can kick back and say what I think without fear. It’s also boosted my confidence enough that I’m starting to think that maybe there’s something to this social networking thing after all. My business could certainly benefit from my turning over a new leaf in that direction.

What I’m trying to say, in the most roundabout way imaginable, is that I don’t have much practice in the whole pick a handle, pick an avatar and pick a signature thing. I picked TomEC pretty much off the top of my head. I could just as easily gone with TEcole or some other variation of my name. It hindsight, I wish I had just gone with Thomas. For an avatar, I just ran some Photoshop filters over my face. In time, hopefully, I’ll come up with something cooler. I haven’t yet figured out the mechanics of how to stick a graphical signature in there yet. I feel a bit embarrassed about that since I’ve always fancied myself fairly with it when it came to technical matters. For a quote I thought about where I could go to find a good one. I decided that I couldn’t go wrong by looking good ol’ Sam Clemens (aka Mark Twain). He’s right up there with William Shakespeare, Oscar Wilde and Jane Austen as one of the most quotable people who ever lived. One thing I like about SC was that he was ahead of his time, a compassionate humanitarian in an age when those where hard to come by. He didn’t let me down for a good quote either.
“The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved, loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” -Victor Hugo
TomEC

Postby wren on January 30th, 2011, 4:20 pm

As y'all can see, I am currently celebrating the Mardi Gras season...so a change in avatar & siggy was in order! I'll post a KIng Cake recipe & some info on the customs on the appropriate topics soon for those of you who live where the carnival season is not celebrated as it is in my part of the USA! Image

Image ♪ Let The Good Times Roll! ♫ Image

Image Happy Mardi Gras 2011! Image

♥ wren
wren

Postby TomEC on January 31st, 2011, 4:08 pm

Hey Wren, nice avatar. I see you kept the purple theme going.

I was thinking of changing my avatar too, but then it occurred to me that the sight of my obviously male face staring out at them might help convince some of my fellow XYers to join the forum. I had a cool new avatar too. Its a thing I had made in Photoshop for some writing I've done, with a sword and lightning looking all slick and moody. I really like it. For now I'll continue to put up with my mug there, even if it means that everyone can see that my mouth is too small for my face. It is, you know. Its too @&%# small! :x
“The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved, loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” -Victor Hugo
TomEC

Postby wren on February 8th, 2011, 5:23 pm

TomEC wrote:Hey Wren, nice avatar. I see you kept the purple theme going.

I was thinking of changing my avatar too, but then it occurred to me that the sight of my obviously male face staring out at them might help convince some of my fellow XYers to join the forum. I had a cool new avatar too. Its a thing I had made in Photoshop for some writing I've done, with a sword and lightning looking all slick and moody. I really like it. For now I'll continue to put up with my mug there, even if it means that everyone can see that my mouth is too small for my face. It is, you know. Its too @&%# small! :x

Thanks, Thomas! Purple has become my signature colour! Occasionally I'll change my avatar for a special occasion & match my font to it (as I did when the New Orleans Saints went to the Superbowl in 2010 - after all, that may never happen again in my lifetime or beyond! LOL) Most of the time my avatars happen to match my purple! It was helpful this time that Mardi Gras official colors are purple, green, & gold! :D

Go ahead & change your avatar if you wish...by your name & your posts, any men who are lurking but haven't taken the plunge to register should be able to tell that men are very welcome on this forum now. You can also put pics in your signature line, so you can always put your face & your name there with your quote, too. :)

Hmmm...I might have to try putting my face by my name now! Uh-Oh! You've caused me to start thinking...and that's where the 'trouble' usually begins... :lol:
wren

Postby TomEC on February 14th, 2011, 1:29 pm

Okay it's time for a change!

I imagine by now you're all pretty sick of looking at my face, I know I am but that can't be helped. Still thare's no reason why all the rest of you have to suffer so I've changed my avatar. This was something I created in Photoshop for the cover of a book I'd written and self published (yeah I'm that kind of wannabe). I was hoping it would look better in a smaller size than it does. It seems to have come out rather mushy. I'll have to see if I can do something to improve it. In the meantime I hope it looks cooler than the previous avatar did. :mrgreen:
TomEC

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion