What does your avatar and signature/quote say about you?

Re: What does your avatar and signature/quote say about you?

Postby wren on June 22nd, 2008, 7:20 am

Verrrra nice...Image
wren

Postby Jodi on June 22nd, 2008, 12:07 pm

love the new avatar Stauri!
Jodi

Postby Denise on July 5th, 2008, 4:01 pm

Decided to use a special Avatar for the site. This is one of the "Tattoos" we came up with on the other forum when Lynsay mentioned that the publishers were thinking about creating a symbol to represent the Enforcers. The original had a CE for Council Enforcer on it. I replaced that with an SA for SASSy Argeneauts.

My signature pretty much speaks for itself.
Denise

Postby Copper on July 7th, 2008, 6:45 am

very nice Denise i like it hehe
AEA Sister European Council/enforcer contact
The Sisterhood of the Travelling Fangs
Copper

Postby wren on July 8th, 2008, 3:16 am

Hi Denise, I remembered the tattoo so thought it would be nice for newbies to know what it was about. Your signature was pretty. If you don't mind my asking, how did you make it? Did you have a site where you could do it, or something at home to make it? Just wondering...I know you can't post links, but I would just like to know how to do those kinds of signatures.
wren

Postby Denise on July 9th, 2008, 1:35 am

Wren, I made it myself with Serif Draw and MotionGif3.0 (free download). Just playing around with them and having fun, back when I had time to do so.
Denise

Postby Stauri on July 9th, 2008, 8:32 am

Wren, what a sweet avatar you have!

All the reasonings of men are not worth one sentiment of women. - Voltaire
Stauri

Location: Somewhere in the woods of Tomball (a suburb of Houston), TX

Postby wren on July 9th, 2008, 9:03 am

Thank you, Stauri. I've been playing around with it since I got back from the coast to keep my mind off the car accident. Btw, my van was a total loss...I got the news yesterday...they are processing the paperwork. At least no one was hurt other than sore muscles and stiffness from the impact, and the other driver's insurance has provided me with a rental for a few days!

Anyway, I came across the avatar when I was just looking around...and there it was titled "Fairy & the Frog Prince." Well, obviously, I had to choose that one.<biggrin> Besides, it was sweet and such soft colors. (You know, "sweet" just like me LOL) Thank you for noticing it!! Also, I've been switching my signature the last couple of days trying to find something that matched in a way I was happy with, but not too big! I had one that spelled out my name that was very pretty, but it was too large and there was not a way to resize the letters (I was using a free glitter-text site.) I think I've settled on one that suits me. :-)

Thanks for the info Denise...I know what you mean about "time." I've been working on my avatar/signature mostly at night when I couldn't sleep.
wren

Postby love2read on July 28th, 2008, 6:51 am

My avatar is a fairy bathed in a pretty glow, i chose this b/c i loved the color and i love fairies! my signature is a qoute from the first book that i ever read from lynsay and it has sentimental value for me. Also i loved it because it made me laugh :lol:
love2read

Postby booboolizzy on August 9th, 2008, 8:26 pm

That was also my first Lynsay book! As I accidentally stumbled upon the book at a used book sale at work, which resulted in my accidentally finding one of my all-time favorite authors, I think it is ironic that the book title is The Accidental Vampire. :D

Since I was a baby, my family has always called me "Boo-Boo Bear" and my mom calls herself Yogi. As an adult, more and more of my friends have started calling me "Lizzy". So, it my online nickname is a hybrid of both of these nicknames. :P

Originally, I tried to use a picture of my new lily tattoo as my avatar. I got it on vacation in June to honor and remember my father and grandfather who have both passed on. The tattoo is of two lilies on the upper part of my left arm toward the shoulder. All of the photos that I have were distorting too much when I tried to shrink them to make the avatar because the pictures were more rectangular than square due to the shape of the tattoo. Here is a picture of it in case my description isn't making any sense. :lol:

So, because that wouldn't work, I picked a picture of actual lilies and had it a couple of days because lilies are also my favorite flower, but I wasn't completely pleased with how the picture looked as an avatar. So, when I was messing around and making changes to my MySpace profile, I found the picture of the deep red lips and vampire teeth. I love it! The deep shade of red is my favorite color and I found the vampire teeth fitting since I am obsessed with the Argeneau series. Oh wait, I suppose I should call them "immortal" teeth. ;)

As for my quote, well I am long-winded, so please bear with the another long explanation. Currently, I am training to run my first half-marathon (13.1 miles) in October. It is the Nike Women's to benefit the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society in San Francisco. Last month, I was a little burnt out in my training, so I picked up the book The Ultramarathon Man by Dean Karnazes. It is a non-fiction book about his different adventures as an elite endurance runner. There was a portion of the book that really touched me where he ran 2 days straight and 200+ miles without sleep in an event to benefit a young child needing an organ transplant. This book helped to motivate me to train harder so I can do well in my half-marathon and hopefully participate in more events to help other people that need it.

My quote is one of Dean's quotes and I think it is important/relates to all aspects of life. It just reminds you that things may be hard, get worse before they get better, and be downright excruciating at times, but you must keep giving it your all and never ever give up hope! :D

I tend to have ADD when it comes to my quote and avatar, so don't be surprised if you see it change pretty frequently. :D
"Run when you can, walk when you have to, crawl if you must; just never give up." - Dean Karnazes
booboolizzy

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion