Had a good day

Had a good day

Postby grlnxtdr29 on October 24th, 2010, 3:29 pm

Yesterday was a nice day, even though the weather didn't cooperate. We all went for a nice, relaxing drive up North to Galena to look at the fall leaves, and while the kids napped on the way home, Hubby and I talked. I told him that if he behaves himself, I will stay till March when we get the Tax return. That way I will have enough Money saved up for a Moving van and have my friend drive it down to Tucson for me. I Also told hubby that if he chooses to go with us, he has to get the help he needs here now, and then look for a permanent solution down in Tucson. I told him I think it would be better for all of us, him included, if we got away from his parents, who are a bad influence on him and our kids (They are old fashioned, and racist too). I told him there also better job opportunities for Both of us in Tucson, and that since there is a very good Bus system, things would be calmer between us, as if he is acting up I can just take the Kids and go to the Zoo or to my family's house, or where ever. He has agreed to consider moving there just on the job prospects alone.
grlnxtdr29

Re: Had a good day

Postby Lynsay on October 24th, 2010, 3:34 pm

Well...if you're happy, I'm happy for you...so long as he shows more caring and concern for you than what he has in the past. Because you deserve it.
Hugs

Lynsay
Lynsay
Lynsay
Site Admin

Postby grlnxtdr29 on October 24th, 2010, 10:05 pm

He is getting better, with the new medicine he is on. Tonight he was ready to take me to the Hospital when I started having trouble breathing. Apparently his Mother forgot (AGAIN) that I am allergic to walnuts. Fortunately I only had a Mild reaction, and didn't need to go to the Hospital.
grlnxtdr29

Postby wren on October 26th, 2010, 12:05 am

You may have to avoid your m-i-l's cooking unless your hubby or you have checked it for walnuts or other foods you are allergic to, gnd. Tree nuts, peanuts, and other types of food allergies are nothing to take a chance on...she should take your allergies seriously. Glad hubby was prepared to take you to the hospital.

People with your hubby's medical condition can lead a full and decent life if they are willing to take the correct meds, which sometimes takes awhile to find, follow their treatment plan, and if they are willing to make changes in their environment if needed. You will know by March if he is ready for that...but if things get worse before then, don't hesitate to go on ahead. Other than photos & important papers, most items can be replaced if needed! We all hope your marriage works out for the best for your family! :)
wren

Postby Lynsay on October 28th, 2010, 5:26 pm

What Wren said. LOL.

Lynsay
Lynsay
Lynsay
Site Admin

Postby grlnxtdr29 on October 28th, 2010, 8:42 pm

Fortunately I only have 2 food allergies (That I am aware of) Walnuts and raw shellfish. I can eat shellfish if it is cooked, but if it is raw I have a mild reaction, usually swelling of the throat and mild difficulty breathing. My Walnut allergy is worse, although still not as severe as some people with nut allergies. I Just have a mild asthma type reaction, and it usually only lasts about 15-20 minutes. I'm Lucky. Food Allergies are common in my family. My Grandmother was allergic to all seafood, but like me she only had Mild reactions. My Uncle is allergic to all nuts except sunflower kernals, hazel nuts, and Macadamias. He is severely allergic to seafood, and he is Lactose Intolerant. My Other uncle is also Allergic to shellfish and Walnuts, aswell as Pecans, Peanuts, and almonds.
grlnxtdr29

Postby wren on October 29th, 2010, 6:30 am

gnd, once you have had an allergic reaction to something, a worse reaction is always possible if you are exposed to it again. Jewelz & Sherr can explain much better, but it's called a "loading dose" or something like that. It's very important to always avoid those foods, drugs, insects, or anything else that has caused you to have an allergic reaction!
wren

Postby Lynsay on October 29th, 2010, 11:43 am

Wren's right, sweetie. Be careful. Next time it could be a full blown attack with throat closing and so on. I, sadly, am allergic to cats. I've had Emma for 13 years now and refuse to give her up at this stage, but I have trouble breathing if she gets anywhere near my face and I have a fan on either side of my bed, blowing on my pillows 24 hours a day to keep her from getting up on them and leaving fur and dander. But last week when we did the girl's night at Terri's after my editor visited, at bed time I went to bed and was immediately hit with an asthma attack. The cats had been on the comforter. And I didn't have my puffer. Had to head right home, wheezing and gasping for breath at 4 o'clock in the morning. Fortunately, I live really close to Terri. Still, it was the worse attack I've had so far and a warning I'm going to have to carry my puffer with me at all times and make darned sure to keep cats as far from my face and anything that gets close to my face as possible.

On a side note, the way I found out I was allergic to cats was that I used to have bad asthma, needed a puffer on hand a lot. Then I moved to England and had to leave my cats behind with friends. I didn't use my puffer once in England. Thought it was the air, then moved back to Canada and still no need of puffer, until five or six months later when I got Emma back. Suddenly the asthma returned, but only when she got close to my face.

So don't think because you just had a little trouble breathing this time that it will always be like that. I'm seriously considering getting one of those allergy shot things people with allergies carry, because this attack was bad. Much worse than it's ever been before. And after Emma passes, I won't be getting anymore cats. Just be careful.

Lynsay
Lynsay
Lynsay
Site Admin

Postby grlnxtdr29 on October 29th, 2010, 2:15 pm

I've been exposed to walnuts several times before, and each time I've only had Mild reactions. I Know it is possible could have a severe reaction in the future, which is why I avoid them. as for the shellfish, after the first reaction I had to eating them raw, I've never tried them raw again. I can still eat them if they are cooked, as cooking them destroys the emzine I am allergic to. I still love Sushi, i just avoid the shellfish and stick with my favorites. And they do make a cooked version of the shrimp I love, so it's not all bad ;)
grlnxtdr29

Postby cgsdesigns on October 31st, 2010, 7:59 pm

I wish you the best of luck with your marriage. I've had two failed ones and know that sometimes it is just best for all when ties are cut. I'm best friends with my second ex. Most people think we are still married when they see us together. We learned after 8 years of rocky therapy that we could be best friends, we just can not live together without one of us going "rouge" on the other.

As wren said, it's easy to replace most things...... sanity however is rarely regained after losing it. .... or so I hear. LOL

As far as the allergy stuff goes, I know all about that too.... sadly, I too like Lynsay didn't realize the main culprit was my cat! Of course the two bee stings that almost killed me filled me in on another major allergy I had. So now I keep those wonderful allergy shots with me everywhere I go. They aren't anything to play around with though either. I know the allergist I seen about possibly starting shots so I wasn't so allergic to bees told me that the next bite may just kill me before I could even think about finding my shot.

Allergies are serious business for sure!

But know this, happiness is important for sanity!
cgsdesigns

Next

Return to General Discussion