Had a good day

Re: Had a good day

Postby wren on November 1st, 2010, 3:57 am

cgsdesigns wrote:As far as the allergy stuff goes, I know all about that too.... sadly, I too like Lynsay didn't realize the main culprit was my cat! Of course the two bee stings that almost killed me filled me in on another major allergy I had. So now I keep those wonderful allergy shots with me everywhere I go. They aren't anything to play around with though either. I know the allergist I seen about possibly starting shots so I wasn't so allergic to bees told me that the next bite may just kill me before I could even think about finding my shot.

Allergies are serious business for sure!

cg, you make an excellent point! My Dad is allergic to bees/wasps. He also carries the Epipen shots with him in case of being stung. Another suggestion is to wear a medical bracelet/necklace that is engraved with any medical condition, any allergies, or any regular meds that you must take. It is very important with bees/wasps that others know you are allergic & what to do if you are stung, so they can get you to a hospital right away.

Interestingly, part of the overall storyline in Julia Quinn's Bridgerton books, and a major plot point in the second book The Viscount Who Loved Me, is based around the death of the hero's father at a young age from a bee sting. Since the Bridgerton series is set during the regency era, it was completely baffling to the doctors of the time. The author adds a note about it and the hero's reaction to his father's death in the back of the book. The Bridgerton series is about the eight Bridgerton siblings, and I highly recommend them to those who love Regencies. :)
wren

Postby cgsdesigns on November 1st, 2010, 6:25 pm

While I don't wear a mediclert braclett or necklace, I do warn any new friends and tell them where they can find my bee sting kits around.

Was scary one time when camping in the way wilderness of the UP Michigan when we discovered a ballfaced hornet huge nest near our camper.... I knew I was a goner if one of them got me. It took us 30 minutes of two tracking just to get back to the paved road. LOL It made the bear tracks behind the camper seem like childs play!

But still, they are serious and it sure would be nice to see the nanos step in and take care of the little allergy problems. :)
cgsdesigns

Postby Lynsay on November 2nd, 2010, 3:53 pm

Happiness is important for more than just sanity. It's really the only reason to live. We weren't put here to be miserable. And life can be such a joy. I personally feel it just takes a decision to be happy and the right attitude. I've had some pretty rough situations in my life, but I choose how to react to them, and I choose to be happy. And those who don't can find the door on their own, or I'll show them to it. Life's too short to spend it in misery is my theory. But I'm weird.

Lynsay
Lynsay
Lynsay
Site Admin

Postby cgsdesigns on November 2nd, 2010, 4:25 pm

Lynsay wrote:But I'm weird.

Lynsay

Lynsay if you are weird, I think more than one of us (mainly myself) are in a world of hurt!

But, as I've always said, being "normal" is just being one of the average... because normal is nothing more than a play of numbers and averages.

So if you look at it that way, insane is actually normal behavior if you are in the nut house!
cgsdesigns

Postby sin on November 3rd, 2010, 12:22 am

I like the way you think cg. :)

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby Lynsay on November 3rd, 2010, 6:07 pm

I used to work with people from the nuthouse, is that close? Ewwww, that was so politically incorrect. I mean, I used to work with clients of mental health facilities. Better, I guess.

So last night I was feeling a bit blue. Always happens after I finish a book and have to leave the characters behind, so I packed myself up at 9:30 and went off to the nearest coffee shop and ended up starting the next story. A historical, the third of the Madison sisters. Scribbled it in a notebook, came back and dictated it onto the computer and then continued with it, but typing now. Actually wrote 5,000 words or just short of by 2:30 and then had to hit the hay to get up for my appointment with my personal trainer. Kind of makes me happy. Grin. Both did actually. I did much better with the trainer than either of us expected considering most of what I do is sit around and type, lol. Soooo, I'm thinking I'll repeat it tonight and go scribble at the coffee shop again. It always makes me grin to think that people just don't have a clue what I'm writing while there. They probably think I'm an adult student doing homework or something. Wouldn't they be shocked to know I'm writing sex scenes? Snicker, snicker.

Lynsay
Lynsay
Lynsay
Site Admin

Postby Jewelz on November 3rd, 2010, 6:28 pm

Now I'm smiling, because I just got called off tonight. Yay! :D I'm oncall, as long as I'm not called back in before 7pm. :? I won't have to go in at 11pm either. I was scheduled to work an extra day this week. Today was my extra shift. Yes, I'll lose the incentive money, but I'd rather have an extra day off. Now I can get back on my regular work schedule starting tomorrow night. Looks like I get to workout and read tonight. Sweet! :D

Love is like a butterfly, it goes where it please's, and please's where it goes. :-)
Jewelz

Postby Jewelz on November 3rd, 2010, 6:55 pm

Now this really stinks, I just got the call back. :( Crappy!

Love is like a butterfly, it goes where it please's, and please's where it goes. :-)
Jewelz

Postby sin on November 3rd, 2010, 7:48 pm

Hugs Jewelz and here I was hoping we could play..

sin

Postby sin on November 3rd, 2010, 7:49 pm

Lynsay glad you had a good time and are going to repete it. Have fun :)

sin

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion