Had a good day

Re: Had a good day

Postby sherr on November 4th, 2010, 4:59 am

awwww.....Jewelz sorry you couldn't enjoy some time off. i remember on call and hated sitting around couldn't plan anything or do anything.

Lynsay I can empathize with you. I read whenever I find a moment and some times the scenes get a bit steamy. Trying to keep my facial expressions to a neutral position while at the doctors.....coffee shop.......train......etc or from not laughing out load.
good girls don't make history and I plan on being very historical
sherr

Postby wren on November 4th, 2010, 9:57 am

Lynsay wrote:I used to work with people from the nuthouse, is that close? Ewwww, that was so politically incorrect. I mean, I used to work with clients of mental health facilities. Better, I guess.

I used to be a people in the nuthouse...er, I mean, a client on the hospital mental health/psychiatric ward! I'm very glad, because my doctors, nurses, and counselors eventually saved my life & then help me stabilize and learn to manage my chronic illness. Yep, that's much better. 8-) I'm ready for when the Lord calls me home to Heaven in His timing, but it's great to get to live on earth fully with my family & friends until he does! Image

My thought is if you can't learn to laugh at yourself, then life gets pretty boring & downright depressing. It depends on how someone is saying something as to whether it is offensive or even unconsciously insensitive, Lyns. You weren't being mean or hurtful to anyone, and you have allowed me to speak out against the stigma of mental illness and about the misunderstandings people have about mental health hundreds of times on your forum. Also, since you did work with mental health clients, you have an understanding about us and have been able to help me dispel some of the stigma, as well as encourage some of your other readers when they are having a hard time. I think your degree in psychology and your insight into people helps in your writing. It's part of what makes your stories romantic and funny around the conflict between the hero/heroine, while remaining genuine and believable. Image

I dislike "political correctness" a lot, so in the paraphrased words of Christian comedian Brad Stine..."You know how to stop political correctness? You don't do it. Someone says, "I'm offended." You say, "I don't care. I win. Game over!" ;)

I'm not blunt, but I know I'm outspoken and most of the time, I don't care what anyone thinks. That's why I'm not good at being politically correct, although I am good at being diplomatic. Choosing not to be PC is not about being malicious or purposely hurting anyone. Brad Stine makes that clear in his routine and I know when I've done wrong or hurt someone's feelings & need to apologize, so then I do so and try to make amends or ask forgiveness. But life is too short to always worry about everything we say...especially when we are speaking the truth! :D

Lynsay, didn't you do art therapy? Art therapy was cool! Image

Lynsay wrote:So last night I was feeling a bit blue. Always happens after I finish a book and have to leave the characters behind, so I packed myself up at 9:30 and went off to the nearest coffee shop and ended up starting the next story. A historical, the third of the Madison sisters. Scribbled it in a notebook, came back and dictated it onto the computer and then continued with it, but typing now. Actually wrote 5,000 words or just short of by 2:30 and then had to hit the hay to get up for my appointment with my personal trainer. Kind of makes me happy. Grin. Both did actually. I did much better with the trainer than either of us expected considering most of what I do is sit around and type, lol. Soooo, I'm thinking I'll repeat it tonight and go scribble at the coffee shop again. It always makes me grin to think that people just don't have a clue what I'm writing while there. They probably think I'm an adult student doing homework or something. Wouldn't they be shocked to know I'm writing sex scenes? Snicker, snicker. Lynsay

If working out made you happy, I am glad and encourage you to go for it! However, to me "exercise" is still a four-letter word...it is spelled w-o-r-k. They even call it "working out." :lol: I know that I must get out of this lazy mode and join y'all, but I'm resisting! I will only be pulled into this new way of doing things reluctantly, but I know it's going to happen anyway. Image Eventually, the guilt will get to me! Image

sherr wrote:Lynsay I can empathize with you. I read whenever I find a moment and some times the scenes get a bit steamy. Trying to keep my facial expressions to a neutral position while at the doctors.....coffee shop.......train......etc or from not laughing out load.

Lynsay, I can only imagine you not being able to keep from laughing out loud at what you are writing, while knowing those around you don't have a clue about it. sherr, I know exactly what you mean...I think all of those who read good romance have had that happen to us! Image
wren

Postby sin on November 4th, 2010, 10:33 am

How dare you use that kind of language sis. Your mouth ought to be washed out with soap. That is a very dirty 4 letter word. And I know what you mean. I still have not gotten the urge nor energy to exer..see I can not even spell it let alone do it..:-p

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby wren on November 4th, 2010, 11:22 am

sin wrote:How dare you use that kind of language sis. Your mouth ought to be washed out with soap. That is a very dirty 4 letter word. And I know what you mean. I still have not gotten the urge nor energy to exer..see I can not even spell it let alone do it..:-p

I'll wash my keyboard right away...then go to my corner... :cry: I'm so sorry. They all keep <shudder> talking about it...like it's a fun thing. :shock:
wren

Postby sin on November 4th, 2010, 11:50 am

Very good sis. You can come out of the corner. And I just know they kb needed a good cleaning. :)

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby Lynsay on November 4th, 2010, 5:31 pm

Thank you, Wren. I was really teasing, I am a client of mental health facilities myself, lol. Anyone who used anything from counselling, art therapy, psychologists, psychiatrists, to full fledge hospital stays was welcome at the center where I was assistant coordinator, and we had the full range of clients, from those who just had counselling to handle a bad situation, to sociopaths, psychopaths...even a couple of murderers who were hospitalized rather than locked up.

I have had counselling and art therapy myself over the years. I think it's kind of a healthy thing to do. Keeps you from gathering too much baggage, at least if you have a good one. Actually, it's my considered opinion that people who get counselling and so on are probably healthier than those who don't. There are loads of people out there who have never been diagnosed but have bipolar or what have you. And there are even more people out there who may not actually have a mental illness but could benefit from a few therapy sessions. Shrug.

Lynsay
Lynsay
Lynsay
Site Admin

Postby wren on November 4th, 2010, 5:48 pm

What Lynsay said! :D
wren

Postby jill on November 4th, 2010, 8:54 pm

I believe in therapy...I watch it do a lot for my sister. I would like to have few counseling sessions myself because I am sure I need it but I can't afford :( so I torture you guys instead. Hope you don't mind :)
“I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.” Oscar Wilde
jill

Postby rockie on November 4th, 2010, 9:58 pm

jill wrote:I believe in therapy...I watch it do a lot for my sister. I would like to have few counseling sessions myself because I am sure I need it but I can't afford :( so I torture you guys instead. Hope you don't mind :)

Well everyone hopefully after Grad school I will be able to counsel people since Im gonna try and go to Grad school for Mental Health Counseling :mrgreen: :geek: :ugeek:

Let me work on it for a couple of years.. then I will help yall! :mrgreen: :geek: :ugeek:
AEA Sister♥☮☆♪
Sisterhood of the Traveling Fangs♥☮☆♪
Live
.♫
⋰**
⋱♫ ..Laugh
( ``✫•♫
`✫•.¸ )
¸. ✶♫....L♥ve
( ``✫•~
rockie