Holiday Blues

Re: Holiday Blues

Postby grlnxtdr29 on November 26th, 2010, 3:38 pm

Ok, talk about fate stepping in...Today I went to check the mail and found a Christmas card from a Friend of mine I haven't seen in almost 20 years. I Have no clue how he got my address, but it was nice to hear from him. He had recently had some good fortune come his way, and wanted to spread it around. He remembered how in High school I was one of the few people who didn't make fun of him because of his height (He was 7'4" last time I saw him, and still growing). He told me he appreciated my friendship in High school, and he sent me a check for $200. I couldn't believe it when I saw it, but it certainly helped drive away some of the blues...
grlnxtdr29

Postby Denise on November 26th, 2010, 6:51 pm

So good to hear. God has a way of blessing us when we least expect it, from the most unusual sources. Never consider that as coincidence. It is a blessing straight from Him!

I'll try to find you on Facebook ;)

ETA: Can't find you. :( Could you send request to join our SASSy Addicts FB group? That way we can find you there.
Denise

Postby jill on November 26th, 2010, 8:13 pm

Denise wrote:So good to hear. God has a way of blessing us when we least expect it, from the most unusual sources. Never consider that as coincidence. It is a blessing straight from Him!

I truly believe that, I have seen that too many times for my family. When my dad was down to his last dollar and we didn't know how we were going to put food on the table, somebody would anonymously drop off food on our doorstep. Or friend would give him $50 as a gift just to get him by till payday. Its amazing but I know God was looking out for us somehow.
“I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.” Oscar Wilde
jill

Postby Denise on November 26th, 2010, 10:47 pm

Got you! Welcome to the FB group!
Denise

Postby grlnxtdr29 on November 29th, 2010, 2:22 pm

I think I figured part of the reason I got the blues so bad this year. Several Years ago, just after we got married, my Husband and I went to the beach, where I found a perfectly formed set of mussel shells. They were shapped just like a Pair of Angel wings. I took them home and Made a Christmas Snow Angel for my Mother, using the shells as the wings. After my Mother passed away, I kept the angel. Then the year my Daughter was born, when Mother in Law came to visit, she packed away alot of my stuff without asking my permission. Among the items she packed away was the Angel, and a Christmas tree I had crochetted. While going thru some boxes that hadn't been unpacked sine we moved here last year, I found the angel. The wings were broken and the body crushed. I still have no idea where my Tree is.
grlnxtdr29

Postby Lynsay on November 29th, 2010, 4:46 pm

Hugs Grlnxtdr. Sorry you've lost your angel and the tree is missing, but YAY! on the good news and gift. Isn't life funny? Honestly, sometimes it's just a wonderful life...which is one of my favourite Christmas movies by the way.

So, I haven't been here because I have been scrambling on some personal business and spending my time with lawyers, bankers and stagers. Yeesh! But this weekend I went to a movie Saturday night with friends and then out for coffee afterward. Cute movie. Tangled. LOVE that horse and chameleon. And she was adorable. He was cute too. Good thing it was good, cause that's the only break I've had, lol.

Lynsay
Lynsay
Lynsay
Site Admin

Postby Denise on November 30th, 2010, 4:36 pm

I'm looking forward to seeing Tangled!
Denise

Postby Rawr on December 1st, 2010, 2:19 am

Oooh I've been dying to see that. Not that i'll admit it to the bf i have a weakness for disney movies that i indulge in when i'm at my mothers because my youngest siblings are 8 and 10. Sometimes you need a girly childlike movie.
Rawr

Postby grlnxtdr29 on December 1st, 2010, 9:41 am

I forgot to mention that my sleep problems have (MOSTLY) cleared up. I'm still not getting a full 8 hours every night, but I am averaging more 7 hour nights now, although last night was more like 5 hours, since the Kids were playing Musical beds (They kept going from the couch to the play pen to the bed in their room to our bed).
grlnxtdr29

Postby grlnxtdr29 on January 13th, 2011, 4:42 pm

Sigh...I had hoped it was just the Holiday season that had me down, but now I think I may need to talk to my Doctor. My Sleep Problem has returned, and today, I am sitting here crying over something stupid. I Bought a New copy of one of my favorite Maggie Shayne books because my previous copy fell apart. I had Just started reading it, but put it down to fix lunch, and my son ripped aprt the first two chapters...
grlnxtdr29

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion