Holiday Blues

Re: Holiday Blues

Postby TomEC on January 13th, 2011, 5:28 pm

grlnxtdr29 wrote:Sigh...I had hoped it was just the Holiday season that had me down, but now I think I may need to talk to my Doctor. My Sleep Problem has returned, and today, I am sitting here crying over something stupid. I Bought a New copy of one of my favorite Maggie Shayne books because my previous copy fell apart. I had Just started reading it, but put it down to fix lunch, and my son ripped aprt the first two chapters...

I sure feel for you. Lack of sleep can mess a person up bad. I've forgotten what a full, restful night sleep feels like. We live in such a fast paced, stress filled world and I think sleeplessness is an epidemic. i supposed it's because depression has become such an epidemic. I've tried a lot of things: melatonin, warm milk and a variety of sleep aids. I'm sure you've heard them all. On top of everything else, I have to use a CPAP machine to help me breath so I can get full benefit from the sleep I do get. I've never really fully gotten used to the darned thing.

One thing that could help any of us is the one thing my current circumstances make impossible: go to bed at the same time every night and, no matter what kind of night you've had, get up at the same time every morning. This allows you're body's circadian rhythm to do it's job for you. I wish I could do that. Someday, I hope to try it.
I hope you can find something that can work for you, fellow sufferer.
“The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved, loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” -Victor Hugo
TomEC

Postby Goober on January 13th, 2011, 7:33 pm

grlnxtdr29 wrote:Sigh...I had hoped it was just the Holiday season that had me down, but now I think I may need to talk to my Doctor. My Sleep Problem has returned, and today, I am sitting here crying over something stupid. I Bought a New copy of one of my favorite Maggie Shayne books because my previous copy fell apart. I had Just started reading it, but put it down to fix lunch, and my son ripped aprt the first two chapters...

Oh my I'd cry too, I'm so sorry sweetie. I'm glad you got the gift from the guy, I'm sorry about your angle. Maybe you'll be able to find something else I know nothing can replace something like that.

Also about not begin able to give your kids toys for Christmas, as someone who had spend '08 & '09 Christmases with nothing. As long as you act like nothings wrong and just enjoy the fact that (hopefully) everyone is in good health and that you still have each other.

I know I'm late on the Christmas sepal, but I hope things worked out. Image
Peace, Love, and a yummy Immortal... or two ;)
Goober

Postby Denise on January 14th, 2011, 12:56 am

Saying a special prayer for you GND.
Denise

Postby Lynsay on January 14th, 2011, 2:30 pm

Hugs GND, just hang in there, sweetie. Things will improve. They may slip a little further down, but they will turn around and come back up again. That is the one thing you can count on in life, it just goes up and down, up and down like a bloody roller coaster or seesaw. Just hang in there so you can enjoy the up when it comes.
You're in my thoughts
Lynsay
Lynsay
Lynsay
Site Admin

Previous

Return to General Discussion