Diagnosis

Diagnosis

Postby grlnxtdr29 on December 17th, 2010, 7:01 pm

So my daughter FINALLY had her evaluation today. The Diagnosis is one we were hoping NOT to get, but one we knew was highly Likely. My Daughter is Autistic. She als has ADHD and an as yet unspecified Speach Disorder. A Speach therapist will be coming out after Christmas to diagnos just which speach disorder
grlnxtdr29

Re: Diagnosis

Postby susan60625 on December 17th, 2010, 10:03 pm

Hey, I know it's not the best news, but now that you know that there is a problem, you can get her the help she needs. Once that's under control, you should have an easier time!
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby grlnxtdr29 on December 18th, 2010, 12:49 am

Yes, I'm hoping that once we get everything worked out, I'll actually be able to get a Little more sleep at night. Monday we have about 50 phone calls to make, to various therapists and assistence programs, as well as to Social Security and our Insurance Company to file disability claims for her, and to my Family (Tried calling them tonight but they either weren't home, or my sister's cell phone battery was dead, which is a big possibilty, she always forgets to charge it).
grlnxtdr29

Postby tkw5002 on December 21st, 2010, 5:58 pm

I agree with Sue. It's much better knowing about it so it can be taken care of. I know and understand it's going to be rough on you having to deal with insurance, therapist, and social security, (and all the other calls you have to make) but know that you CAN do it. :) You have a ton of support here on the forum to if you need to talk!!!!! Take care, and keep us posted on how your daughter is doing!!!! :)
At Last A Love Affair He Can Really Sink His Teeth Into

Image[/URL]
tkw5002

Postby Denise on December 23rd, 2010, 1:02 pm

Praying that God will lead you to EXACTLY the therapists and help that will be best for your little girl, and you. Hugs.
Denise

Return to General Discussion