Christmas aftermath

Christmas aftermath

Postby sherr on December 27th, 2010, 7:59 am

Ok....i don't want this to sound boastful but I'm really curious on what everyone got for Christmas...truly. Being Wiccan ....I love the holiday....I love giving unique gifts...thanks to grinxtdr my son loved his wolf (Shadow) but I don't celebrate the Christian belief and I prefer not to get any gifts. I do get a gift from my brother-in-law's family and a gift from my husband to show by example for the kids to give. I do lots of volunteer stuff prior to the holiday...I give (with some other teachers and police officers) a small Christmas to the kids that are on day release at the jeuvenile detention centre. I also go to a woman's shelter and I take old teacher gifts there and allow the children to pick out a gift for their teacher and their mother and with donated wrapping paper and tape (thanks to Walmart and Giant Tiger)we wrap gifts.
But besides all the video games (Lynsay - we actually played Beatle's Rock Band Christmas Eve for the PS3..would have loved to see rock it with the guitar) for the kids...lego...nerf guns...clothes. Hubby mainly got cooking things...gift cards. I got an adaptor for the car for my iPod so I can listen to the music (my reading group friends all sent me a new book) I like....didn't get e-reader or a visit from all the hunky male paranormal characters but alas we can't have everything...lol. My favorite author and some of my form friends sent beautiful cards. Dianne Duvall a new author sent me an autograph cover for her new release.
The best gift is giving so I am just interested if Santa fulfilled all your dreams. the best gifts this year for me -
- the happy face of a child who realize he got a wolf for Christmas
- playing rock band (without having the police called for the screeching) and knowing every song
- talking to my wonderful friends...just a tad jealous they all got e-readers...lol
- being able to love and share one day a year (no matter our beliefs) that even people we don't see everyday we hold a special love for.
good girls don't make history and I plan on being very historical
sherr

Re: Christmas aftermath

Postby grlnxtdr29 on December 27th, 2010, 9:17 am

I didn't get anything this year for myself. I Did Get my White Christmas, so That was nice. I'm glad your son loved his Wolf. Shadow was one of the wolves we got to see on the tour we took, but was just a pup then.

We bought the kids some really Noisey toys, and are starting to regret a couple of them :P . My Best Friend sent each of them a Pillow pet. My Son loves his. Daughter isn't too certain about hers yet. She likes to pet it, as long as it isn't touching her anywhere but her hand. Part of being Autistic, I think.
grlnxtdr29

Postby tkw5002 on December 27th, 2010, 2:52 pm

My hubby got me so new K-cups for my new Keurig Coffee maker!!!!! I made him a scrap book from when we first got together up until now, and our daughter got lots of clothes, books, elmo dvd's and a triclcyle (with helmet of course:-) Sherr, that is awesome all of the volunteer work you do! It doesn't take much to brighten someones day, and it sounds like you do a wonderful job of it!!!!! Grlnxtdr29, where were you that you got to go on a tour with wolves? I haven't been to this place myself, but people who used to take my wildlife tour recomended the Lakota Wolf Preserve. It's in NJ. I used to work at Penns Cave and Wildlife Park and we had wolves in the wildlife tour. You made me think of it when you said about going on a tour :D
At Last A Love Affair He Can Really Sink His Teeth Into

Image[/URL]
tkw5002

Postby sherr on December 27th, 2010, 3:23 pm

Really..tkw not that much work....the detention centre thing is that we have 6 boys who go to our school on day release....8 go to another school and 2 to a French school....these are really sweet kids for the most part but either don't have families or are abondoned by them. So the primary teachers and myself decided to buy them a gift or get them donated. Everything these kids have are used right down to their underwear and I wanted them to have something new since most of them will be going to foster homes. The Coven that I associate with donated $500 movie pass the police who work with these boys (take them to school and back) donated their time and a school bus to take them so they don't show up in a paddy wagon.
The woman's shelter thing anyone can do. My banker started it and I joined her. i tell all my teachers at three schools save your gifts because i'm collecting them next year....I mean they appreciate the teacher's gift....but how many ornaments and mugs do you need. We will take anything except alcohol base things and candles (not allowed at the shelters) Went to a couple of major stores and asked for wrapping paper...bows....ribbon anything for gift decorating. We show up...the shelter provides a couple of tables and staff to help wrap. The kids come downstairs pick out two gifts and they are thrill. Each of these things takes about two days to organize.
sherr

Postby grlnxtdr29 on December 27th, 2010, 5:38 pm

Mrs. W, Wolf haven International is just south of Olympia Washington. It is very beautiful, if small, and I am told it is the only wolf refuge in the world that has atleast one of every bread. That have seven packs that you can visit from a safe distance. The Wolves that you can tour are ones that for one reason or another can never be released into the wild. They also have a couple of small packs that they have minimum contact with that they will return to their Natural habitate once they are considered healthy enough.
grlnxtdr29

Postby tkw5002 on December 27th, 2010, 6:04 pm

Awesome!!!! Thank you for letting me know!!!! My hubby and I were talking about visiting Disney Land when our daughter is around 5 or so, so since we'll be out west anyway, we might be able to go see Wolf haven International!!!! It sounds like a neat place!!!!! We still have a few years to wait yet, but we could plan a visit there into our trip!!! Thank you for sharing it!!!!!

Image[/URL]
tkw5002

Postby grlnxtdr29 on December 27th, 2010, 8:38 pm

My Pleasure. If you look under the thread Christmas Suggestions, you'll find their website. You can also Adopt a wolf Online, as Sherr did for her son.
grlnxtdr29

Postby tkw5002 on December 27th, 2010, 11:24 pm

Awesome! Here's a link for Lakota Wolf Preserve if you want to check them out to. I like looking at the pictures on their site :) http://www.lakotawolf.com

Image[/URL]
tkw5002

Postby rockie on December 29th, 2010, 12:59 am

Christmas Aftermath for me wont be til this weekend.. We are having Christmas a little late because my mom was in the hospital on Christmas.. I know for sure that I got a pair of Chuck Taylor All Stars that are white and have black stars on them because I just ordered them! lol
My mom is home from the hospital but they still don't know what is wrong with her. :(
AEA Sister♥☮☆♪
Sisterhood of the Traveling Fangs♥☮☆♪
Live
.♫
⋰**
⋱♫ ..Laugh
( ``✫•♫
`✫•.¸ )
¸. ✶♫....L♥ve
( ``✫•~
rockie

Postby sherr on December 29th, 2010, 5:39 am

Glad she is home rockie and think of the nice way to start off the New Year.
sherr

Next

Return to General Discussion