Happy New Year!!!!!!

Re: Happy New Year!!!!!!

Postby susan60625 on January 4th, 2011, 6:31 pm

MysticFan wrote:
tkw5002 wrote:Susan, it was the recipe!!!!!!!!!! It was delicious!!!!!!!!!!! My friend added a couple things to it, she also put in 2 apples and kielbasa. Oh my gosh, it was heavenly!!!!!!!!! We put dumplings on the top of it to!!!!!! It went quick!!!!!! (We had about 10 pounds of kraut in the cooker!!!!!) My husband and I put on a trap shoot with the proceeds going to a very dear friend of ours who has cancer. We had a wonderful turn out for the shoot!!!!!! When people were done shooting, they came in the clubhouse and ate the pork and kraut!!!!!! we got nothing but compliments on it!!!!!!! Thank you again so much for the recipe!!!!!! We ended up making almost $345 for our friend. My husband is going to donate $100 of the proceeds to the American Cancer Society on behalf of Gregg and give the rest directly to Gregg to help with travel expenses for his treatments. He has to get at least 2 treatments per week and has to drive about 2 -2 1/2 hours one way to go to the hospital to get his treatments, so this was a HUGE help to him!!!!!! Thank you again so much for the recipe!!!!!!

The dish sounds very yummmmy and I think I would love to sample it myself, did u find the recipe on here? I am so glad that the event went well and u had a good turn out. That was such a sweet thing for you and your hubby to do... so great! It does have to get hard traveling so far and so often. One of my dear friends (hubby's cousin) was diagnosed with cancer a few years ago... he had to make trips to the hospital 2-3 times a week and it was very hard on him, not to mention he is only like 20 minutes from the hospital. I can only imagine having to travel that far & long... Your friend is in my thoughts and prayers!

MysticFan, the basic recipe that Mrs. W used was mine. I posted it on the thread about Home remedies. It was my grandmother's version of "Chicken Soup". I'll look for the post and bump it up on that thread.
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby MysticFan on January 4th, 2011, 10:29 pm

susan60625 wrote:MysticFan, the basic recipe that Mrs. W used was mine. I posted it on the thread about Home remedies. It was my grandmother's version of "Chicken Soup". I'll look for the post and bump it up on that thread.

Thanks so much! I LOVE to cook and I so enjoy trying new recipes! :D
"Life can't always be cheesecake."-Elvi Black

MysticFan

Postby tkw5002 on January 5th, 2011, 6:16 pm

I can tell you for sure this one is delicious!!!!!!! I recommend it for everyone to try!!!!!!! YUM!!!!!!!
At Last A Love Affair He Can Really Sink His Teeth Into

Image[/URL]
tkw5002

Postby Goober on January 10th, 2011, 1:02 pm

Happy belated new year! <3
Peace, Love, and a yummy Immortal... or two ;)
Goober

Previous

Return to General Discussion