Happy New Year!!!!!!

Re: Happy New Year!!!!!!

Postby tkw5002 on January 2nd, 2011, 6:16 pm

Sounds good!!!!!! I still have to get a scale yet. lol. I'm guessing I'm at least around 160 or so. Yesterday I only ate once actually, but it was quite a bit and fairly early in the after noon. I had a big plate of Kraut with porkloin and mashed potatoes. Today (well earlier) I had cheese, brocolli, and rice (one of those lipton side kick things) and tonight for dinner I'm going to make chicken breast with orzo. I've never made this one yet, so I'm going to attempt it!!!! Wish me luck!!!! I say the more the merrier to for the weight loss group!!!! Support in numbers!!!!! Woo hoo!!!!!
At Last A Love Affair He Can Really Sink His Teeth Into

Image[/URL]
tkw5002

Postby susan60625 on January 2nd, 2011, 10:30 pm

tkw5002 wrote:I had a big plate of Kraut with porkloin and mashed potatoes.

Mrs. W, is that my sauerkraut recipe? I remember you said that you were planning on making it for New Year's. If so, how did it turn out?
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby MysticFan on January 3rd, 2011, 1:26 am

tkw5002 wrote:
MysticFan wrote:
tkw5002 wrote:[color=#FF0080]Happy New year Wren!!!!!!! I look forward to chatting with everybody on the forum this year!!!!!!!Did anybody stay up until midnight to greet the New Year? I made it thanks to stamen Clark's Rockin' New Years Eve!!!!!!! 5....4.....3.....2....1.......HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stamen Clark helped me ring the New Year in also... and let me just say, I was getting down to The Backstreet Boys & New Kids On The Block... what a performance...LOL :lol: I hope everyone had a great New Years night & have a very blessed 2011 ahead!! I noticed that the 14th will make 1 year since I have joined here & in the beginning I may have been on the sidelines a lot, but I still tried to keep up with everything and I come to find out that everyone of u ladies are amazing. I have tried to be involved as much as I could, but I always tend to second-guess myself, big flaw that I have, and I just would not post. Now that I have been more active recently I have come to find that this lil forum is very addictive. U gals are great & I enjoy being a part of this... thanks to u all for being so wonderful!

I agree with you completely in everything you just said!!!!!! :) You'll be seeing me on here a lot more to!!!!!! It's very addictive, but yet family like to!!!!! Oh and i was with you on New Years Eve with BSB an NKOTB. I was singing and dancing right along!!!!!! Growing up I was more of an NSYNC fan, but I didn't mind BSB. When I was even younger, I loved NKOTB! lol (I even had a nightgown with them on it) Donny was my favorite *sigh* lol[/color]

LOL... when I was younger I was soooo into BSB, 'NSYNC, 98 Degrees, 5ive, Westlife & probably lots more..lol My faves were between BSB & Nsync and I promise my bedroom was like a shrine to them all. U couldn't put your finger down on my wall without hitting a poster. When I was way younger I loved NKOTB too and I had a night gown with them all on it also...LOL Ohhh, goodness, I had forgotten about those! I think my fave from there was Joe... I think that was his name, how on earth I can forget I will never know. :) Ohhhh, I just remembered... I was even into Hanson at one time :oops: :D

susan60625 wrote:

As for the boy bands, when I grew up that phrase didn't exist. Back then, my teen idols were Donny Osmond, David Cassidy and Bobby Sherman! If I had to choose between the major boy bands, it would have to be 'NSYNC. But I like most of the major hits by all of them. Although, at the time, since they overplayed them, I got tired of them! I'll never forget one day, I was in line to buy concert tickets for a Rolling Stones concert. That line had people of all ages in it - pre-teen to senior citizen! An hour after the Stones tickets were going on sale, tickets were going on sale for the BSB. The screaming pre-teen girls were already lining up with their very bored parents. What a combo!

When I was younger my mom told me all about her teen idols and I remember seeing David Cassidy… I even had a lil crush on him. At the time I was so oblivious to anything, but now that I look back they really did overplay their music way to much and today that so gets all over my nerves… guess I have grown up and didn’t even realize it…lol I never got to go to any of their concerts, guess that’s why I’m still here, because as sure as I breathe I would have had a ole’ break down. My first concert was to see Creed, they were my fave rock bank of all time, and my sister & brother-in-law made arrangement to take me for my birthday. It was the BEST… I will never forget that! And mentioning the bored parents I can really recall that, my poor mom!! I know I put her through it with all that music and over excitement just because a song would come on the radio or a video on TV… shewww, those were the good ole’ days…lol
"Life can't always be cheesecake."-Elvi Black

MysticFan

Postby terri on January 4th, 2011, 3:44 pm

I realize this is a little late but good tidings are always welcome right? :-)

Happy new year everyone. I hope you have a FANTASTIC year to come.

And as for my new year's resolution... eat less... use the elliptical machine and.... drum roll please... comment on the forum more often.

Terri
terri
Site Admin

Postby tkw5002 on January 4th, 2011, 4:43 pm

Susan, it was the recipe!!!!!!!!!! It was delicious!!!!!!!!!!! My friend added a couple things to it, she also put in 2 apples and kielbasa. Oh my gosh, it was heavenly!!!!!!!!! We put dumplings on the top of it to!!!!!! It went quick!!!!!! (We had about 10 pounds of kraut in the cooker!!!!!) My husband and I put on a trap shoot with the proceeds going to a very dear friend of ours who has cancer. We had a wonderful turn out for the shoot!!!!!! When people were done shooting, they came in the clubhouse and ate the pork and kraut!!!!!! we got nothing but compliments on it!!!!!!! Thank you again so much for the recipe!!!!!! We ended up making almost $345 for our friend. My husband is going to donate $100 of the proceeds to the American Cancer Society on behalf of Gregg and give the rest directly to Gregg to help with travel expenses for his treatments. He has to get at least 2 treatments per week and has to drive about 2 -2 1/2 hours one way to go to the hospital to get his treatments, so this was a HUGE help to him!!!!!! Thank you again so much for the recipe!!!!!!
At Last A Love Affair He Can Really Sink His Teeth Into

Image[/URL]
tkw5002

Postby rockie on January 4th, 2011, 5:26 pm

mrs w,
i hope your friend gets better!!!
AEA Sister♥☮☆♪
Sisterhood of the Traveling Fangs♥☮☆♪
Live
.♫
⋰**
⋱♫ ..Laugh
( ``✫•♫
`✫•.¸ )
¸. ✶♫....L♥ve
( ``✫•~
rockie

Postby MysticFan on January 4th, 2011, 5:36 pm

terri wrote:I realize this is a little late but good tidings are always welcome right? :-)

And as for my new year's resolution... eat less... use the elliptical machine and.... drum roll please... comment on the forum more often.

Terri

Happy New Year to you also Terri, wishing u nothing but the best with the oncoming year, and good tidings are definitely always welcome, indeed. :) Good luck with your resolution, especially the elliptical machine, those things are brutal...lol

MysticFan

Postby MysticFan on January 4th, 2011, 5:48 pm

tkw5002 wrote:Susan, it was the recipe!!!!!!!!!! It was delicious!!!!!!!!!!! My friend added a couple things to it, she also put in 2 apples and kielbasa. Oh my gosh, it was heavenly!!!!!!!!! We put dumplings on the top of it to!!!!!! It went quick!!!!!! (We had about 10 pounds of kraut in the cooker!!!!!) My husband and I put on a trap shoot with the proceeds going to a very dear friend of ours who has cancer. We had a wonderful turn out for the shoot!!!!!! When people were done shooting, they came in the clubhouse and ate the pork and kraut!!!!!! we got nothing but compliments on it!!!!!!! Thank you again so much for the recipe!!!!!! We ended up making almost $345 for our friend. My husband is going to donate $100 of the proceeds to the American Cancer Society on behalf of Gregg and give the rest directly to Gregg to help with travel expenses for his treatments. He has to get at least 2 treatments per week and has to drive about 2 -2 1/2 hours one way to go to the hospital to get his treatments, so this was a HUGE help to him!!!!!! Thank you again so much for the recipe!!!!!!

The dish sounds very yummmmy and I think I would love to sample it myself, did u find the recipe on here? I am so glad that the event went well and u had a good turn out. That was such a sweet thing for you and your hubby to do... so great! It does have to get hard traveling so far and so often. One of my dear friends (hubby's cousin) was diagnosed with cancer a few years ago... he had to make trips to the hospital 2-3 times a week and it was very hard on him, not to mention he is only like 20 minutes from the hospital. I can only imagine having to travel that far & long... Your friend is in my thoughts and prayers!

MysticFan

Postby susan60625 on January 4th, 2011, 6:23 pm

terri wrote:I realize this is a little late but good tidings are always welcome right? :-)

Terri

We love it when you join us, Terri!
susan60625

Postby susan60625 on January 4th, 2011, 6:26 pm

tkw5002 wrote:Susan, it was the recipe!!!!!!!!!! It was delicious!!!!!!!!!!! My friend added a couple things to it, she also put in 2 apples and kielbasa. Oh my gosh, it was heavenly!!!!!!!!! We put dumplings on the top of it to!!!!!! It went quick!!!!!! (We had about 10 pounds of kraut in the cooker!!!!!) My husband and I put on a trap shoot with the proceeds going to a very dear friend of ours who has cancer. We had a wonderful turn out for the shoot!!!!!! When people were done shooting, they came in the clubhouse and ate the pork and kraut!!!!!! we got nothing but compliments on it!!!!!!! Thank you again so much for the recipe!!!!!! We ended up making almost $345 for our friend. My husband is going to donate $100 of the proceeds to the American Cancer Society on behalf of Gregg and give the rest directly to Gregg to help with travel expenses for his treatments. He has to get at least 2 treatments per week and has to drive about 2 -2 1/2 hours one way to go to the hospital to get his treatments, so this was a HUGE help to him!!!!!! Thank you again so much for the recipe!!!!!!

I'm so glad you enjoyed the recipe! I'm always on pins-and-needles when I recommend a recipe to people. I know that I like it, but I tend to think that I get biased about it and that maybe others won't like it as much as I do! I'll have to remember the additions and try them sometime!

As for your friend, I hope he gets well soon! And, make sure he gets some of that sauerkraut! It was my grandma's cure-all after all. LOL!
susan60625

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion