Oh my gosh, Oh my gosh!!!!!!

Re: Oh my gosh, Oh my gosh!!!!!!

Postby tkw5002 on January 8th, 2011, 5:14 pm

I'm such a dork. I guess I could have said on Facebook, I'm Tracie Wickersham if you want to find me. I guess that would have been easier to say. lol.
At Last A Love Affair He Can Really Sink His Teeth Into

Image[/URL]
tkw5002

Postby grlnxtdr29 on January 9th, 2011, 12:38 pm

I'm cathy yeater on facebook ;)
grlnxtdr29

Postby wren on January 10th, 2011, 8:45 am

I'm not adding the role-players on fb. I don't have time for it and I think there are better sites to do role-playing than a social network or website forum that isn't designed for it. Along with the Lynsay's Argeneaus & J.R. Ward's BDB, I have also seen Christine Feehan's Dark Carpathians characters and Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dark-Hunter characters. I don't know what other series may be added, but with so many popular paranormal series, I'm sure there will be more. rockie had brought it to my attention that some had graphic posts and we both have a lot of kids who are able to view our pages, so she deleted the three that she had friended.

I don't want role-playing to clutter up my fb account, and I also know I would need to just role-play with all of you Immortals. It's too difficult to know the books and characters the way we do, and not get grumpy when someone posts an off-the-wall photo for a character or misspells the character's name. Just saying...then again, maybe I'm just too difficult! :lol: The other thing is I prefer to keep my fb account available just for people that I know & that I want to easily contact. :)
wren

Postby sherr on January 10th, 2011, 1:57 pm

You're not going to believe this but I agree with wren totally...lol. Although Sherr found nothing (for me) offensive but other people who view my website did. I did not realize that they could view all this....althought I post smexy pics for my friends....EVERYONE is dressed in something. If your friends don't know the books they often wonder what I was talking about. Although the Argeneau Players haven't done anything sexual....it has been boring lately let's go to dinner.....let's go to the movie.....texting everyone (I read my friends page) But if you sign up for one they all nab you
good girls don't make history and I plan on being very historical
sherr

Postby Lynsay on January 10th, 2011, 11:43 pm

I was asked about the role playing thing by a gal some weeks before Christmas. Said, go on and have fun if they want but I couldn't be involved. I don't want them putting up something that might affect my story line. I never write something if a reader or someone writes the idea to me and I see it, even if I've had it planned forever. That's why Terri has to filter my emails. She takes out any ideas or stories sent. However, not everyone in the group apparently knew I didn't wish to be connected or involved and I was approving 48 friends one day, clicking quickly away and recognized Lucian's name even as I clicked confirm. DANG! It took me a couple days to remove him as a friend. I don't mind so much if they want to do it, I guess, I just don't want to know what they're doing and have it affect my writing. Shrug.

Lynsay
Lynsay
Lynsay
Site Admin

Postby wren on January 11th, 2011, 12:00 am

sherr wrote:You're not going to believe this but I agree with wren totally...lol. Although Sherr found nothing (for me) offensive but other people who view my website did. I did not realize that they could view all this....althought I post smexy pics for my friends....EVERYONE is dressed in something. If your friends don't know the books they often wonder what I was talking about. Although the Argeneau Players haven't done anything sexual....it has been boring lately let's go to dinner.....let's go to the movie.....texting everyone (I read my friends page) But if you sign up for one they all nab you

My dear sherr, have we never agreed before? ImageI'll admit that it may be scary to be thinking like me, hon! :lol: Oh wait...we totally agree on how much we love Lynsay & all of her books, especially our Argeneaus, and we do have a couple of other authors that we agree on, also! Image We aren't so very different after all...well, maybe on a few things! <grin>

I've had a few friends who post a lot of "mature content" (where not everyone was dressed in anything or the posts were x-rated) on their pages who have understood when I've had to remove them from my fb friends. I am friends with the teenage kids of many of my adult friends. The friends who post mature content have appreciated when I told them why I needed to delete them, because they prefer to keep an adult group of friends on fb...most is posted only in fun & not to be offensive and is not intended for those underage. Unfortunately, on a social network, it is difficult to avoid underage people from seeing it. That's one reason why I believe websites specific for this kind of role-playing is a better option.

Though you can hide some material on your home page & you can adjust the settings as to who can see what it on your profile wall, you can't hide it all...and what's the point of being on a social network if you do? Like sherr and rockie have said, the role-playing groups seem to be interlinked, so if you friend one, you soon receive requests from all!
wren

Postby sherr on January 11th, 2011, 5:31 am

I'm sorry wren I meant it as fun...we disagree in a nice way but most of the time I think we are on the same page. We both tend to believe in the natural good of people and we both have the same moral foundation even though we have different beliefs. We both love to read and that is way we are here :D

Lynsay....don't worry about them straying from the storyline....my friends are on the site and all they do is text each other and eat and go to the movie. I know you can write better then that....even I can write better then that
good girls don't make history and I plan on being very historical
sherr

Postby Goober on January 11th, 2011, 7:31 am

What are all these Argeneau sites everyone is talking about? I haven’t found any except one and I don’t think he updates it anymore. Can you please send me the links? The easiest way is to send them to me on FB (search: Tatiana-Rose Jolly or Tatiana-Rose Sexton) or e-mail them to me at littlemisgoober@hotmail.com

Please & thank you :)
Peace, Love, and a yummy Immortal... or two ;)
Goober

Postby wren on January 11th, 2011, 10:12 am

sherr wrote:I'm sorry wren I meant it as fun...we disagree in a nice way but most of the time I think we are on the same page. We both tend to believe in the natural good of people and we both have the same moral foundation even though we have different beliefs. We both love to read and that is way we are here :D

Lynsay....don't worry about them straying from the storyline....my friends are on the site and all they do is text each other and eat and go to the movie. I know you can write better then that....even I can write better then that

No apology needed sherr, I knew you were teasing me! :D

Goober wrote:What are all these Argeneau sites everyone is talking about? I haven’t found any except one and I don’t think he updates it anymore. Can you please send me the links? The easiest way is to send them to me on FB (search: Tatiana-Rose Jolly or Tatiana-Rose Sexton) or e-mail them to me at littlemisgoober@hotmail.com

Please & thank you :)

Goober, these are fb accounts of people role-playing the Argeneaus and other authors paranormal characters...not really websites, although they have made fb groups. Try searching for Rachel Argeneau on fb (they stay in character) and when you find hers, that will lead you to the others. Remember sherr's & rockie's cautions, though...some of the other role-players that aren't "Argeneaus" are much more graphic in their posts, and those posts will show on your page, too. I don't know of any other Argeneau websites. I stay on the forum & I'm friended to Lynsay & other forum members on facebook. Fan-fic is not my thing, so I've never thought about searching for other websites. :)
wren

Postby Goober on January 11th, 2011, 11:34 am

Oh okay I thought there might of been another site. Or something, I tend to enjoy writing in general, but I never finish any tho lol
Peace, Love, and a yummy Immortal... or two ;)
Goober

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion