New Zodiac

New Zodiac

Postby Goober on January 13th, 2011, 6:22 pm

As of this year and the following years there will be a 13th Zodiac sign.

Ophiuchus

According to astrologial principles, the Sun travels from the constellation Scorpius and goes directly into the sign of Sagittarius, but due to the constant motion of the cosmos, the Sun enters, for a few days of the year, the star constellation 'Ophiuchus' before entering Sagittarius from Scorpius, thus creating astrologically the birth of a thirteenth sign of the Zodiac, which is named as Ophiuchus the Serpent Holder.
The constellation of Ophiuchus is the only sign of the Zodiac which is linked to a real man. This man lived in ancient Egypt around the 27th century BC, and his name was Imhotep. The attributes of Imhotep can also be found in the Biblical Hebrew man Joseph, son of Jacob.. Imhotep is credited with many accomplishments including the knowledge and use of medicine. It is said of Imhotep that he brought the art of healing to mankind.The symbol of a serpent, which is still widely used today to represent the medical profession, was used to represent Imhotep. Imhotep was also known as 'Aesclepius' to the ancient Greeks

ATTRIBUTES THAT DESCRIBE THE SIGN OF OPHIUCHUS

• interpreter of dreams, premonitions
• attracts good luck
• serpent holder
• lofty ideals
• a seeker of peace and harmony
• doctor of medicine or science
• to add, increase, join or gather together
• poetical, inventive nature, expanding
• seeks higher education
• overseer, supervisor of work
• fame - either grand or completely misunderstood
• longevity, aspirations of healing the ills of man
• architect, builder, reaches for the stars
• tax assessor or levys taxes
• astrological talents, intuitive
• large family indicated, but apt to be separated from them when young
• the number twelve holds great significance
• foresight to benefit from hard times
• has secret enemies in family or close associations
• many jealous of this subject
• notable father, apple of father's eye when young
• high position in life expected [depending on aspects] highest fame and legend comes after death however
• feelings of granular, wise,
• likes to wear clothing of vibrant colors
• receives the favor of those in charge

Ophiuchus in the Planetary Zodiac:

The planet Pluto was found in Ophiuchus until the end of 2003, after which it passed into Serpens Cauda, the Serpent's Tail. The Centaur object, the minor planetoid Chiron, was visible against the stars of Ophiuchus until November 2001, after which it passed over the border into Sagittarius. Venus and Mercury can be found in Ophiuchus for a time each year.

The New Zodiac

ARIES = APRIL 19 - MAY 13
TAURUS = MAY 14 - JUNE 19
GEMINI = JUNE 20 - JULY 20
CANCER = JULY 21 - AUG 9
LEO = AUGUST 10 - SEPTEMBER 15
VIRGO = SEPTEMBER 16 - OCTOBER 30
LIBRA = OCTOBER 31 - NOVEMBER 22
SCORPIO = NOVEMBER 23 - NOVEMBER 29
OPHIUCHUS = NOVEMBER 30 - DECEMBER 17
SAGITTARIUS = DECEMBER 18 - JANUARY 18
CAPRICORN = JANUARY 19 - FEBRUARY 15
AQUARIUS = FEBRUARY 16 - MARCH 11
PISCES = MARCH 12 - APRIL 18

yay I'm still an Aquarius ^^ lol though my mom and sister in law would be considered "Sagittarius" instead of "Capricorn", and my dad and brother would be "Gemini" instead of "Cancer" my nephew and I are the only ones that wouldn't change lol
Peace, Love, and a yummy Immortal... or two ;)
Goober

Re: New Zodiac

Postby sherr on January 13th, 2011, 8:12 pm

I'm the new sign O......whatever :D And it describes me beautifully
good girls don't make history and I plan on being very historical
sherr

Postby Goober on January 13th, 2011, 8:41 pm

Oh your current sign won't change just people born 2011 and on, but if you're currently born you're the same. lol
Goober

Postby MysticFan on January 14th, 2011, 4:11 am

I had seen an article about this, but did not really stop to read it... thanks for sharing. I am safe and am still a Leo, but my hubby would no longer be considered Scorpio, but Libra. So, it only applies to people that are born this year & so on?
"Life can't always be cheesecake."-Elvi Black

MysticFan

Postby Goober on January 14th, 2011, 1:18 pm

MysticFan wrote:I had seen an article about this, but did not really stop to read it... thanks for sharing. I am safe and am still a Leo, but my hubby would no longer be considered Scorpio, but Libra. So, it only applies to people that are born this year & so on?

Correct :D
Goober

Postby susan60625 on January 14th, 2011, 4:58 pm

Well, if we had to change by parents, my sister and I would all change. We all really reflected what our signs meant. I'm glad we don't have to change. But this business of anybody being born starting this year being the new signs is just going to make it confusing in the future.
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby wren on January 15th, 2011, 7:26 am

I thought it only applied in the Eastern type of astrology, and it's not something new for those that study it, because they've known about the Earth wobble for ages. At least, that was in some article I read about it online. Other than knowing my sign is Leo, I don't read horoscopes or follow astrology. {shrug} If I find that article again, I'll post it for you. :)
wren

Postby Goober on January 16th, 2011, 3:17 pm

wren wrote:I thought it only applied in the Eastern type of astrology, and it's not something new for those that study it, because they've known about the Earth wobble for ages. At least, that was in some article I read about it online. Other than knowing my sign is Leo, I don't read horoscopes or follow astrology. {shrug} If I find that article again, I'll post it for you. :)

thank you, and I don't know I haven't heard anything about the Eastern astrology (http://www.punjablinks.com/addons/astro/easternastrology.shtml) changing, just the Western.
Goober

Postby Denise on January 17th, 2011, 3:54 pm

You and I must have read the same article, Wren. They were saying this really isn't anything new and some astrologers have been trying to make this change for many years. Then another one I read said that this didn't really apply to the 12 signs people currently use because those weren't assigned based on whatever method this "new" thing is using.

But, like you, doesn't matter to me. I don't put any trust or faith in those things. They are created by man and will change at the whims of man. I'd rather stick with the One who is forever constant.
Denise

Postby MysticFan on January 17th, 2011, 4:12 pm

Denise wrote:But, like you, doesn't matter to me. I don't put any trust or faith in those things. They are created by man and will change at the whims of man. I'd rather stick with the One who is forever constant.

I have to agree with you 100% on that, Denise! I do read those from time to time, just for fun, but my faith, with what happens, lies solely with the One who is forever constant also. ;)
"Life can't always be cheesecake."-Elvi Black

MysticFan

Next

Return to General Discussion