New Zodiac

Re: New Zodiac

Postby Denise on January 19th, 2011, 12:12 am

Our family has a lot of fun reading the fortunes in fortune cookies and teasing each other. A friend of mine once suggested that you add the phrase "in bed" to the end of your fortune for a whole new interpretation. Funny! BUt I haven't shared that one with my kids. :oops:
Denise

Postby wren on January 23rd, 2011, 7:03 am

MysticFan wrote:
Denise wrote:But, like you, doesn't matter to me. I don't put any trust or faith in those things. They are created by man and will change at the whims of man. I'd rather stick with the One who is forever constant.

I have to agree with you 100% on that, Denise! I do read those from time to time, just for fun, but my faith, with what happens, lies solely with the One who is forever constant also. ;)

Regarding our faith in the One who is forever constant, I agree with both of you! ♥ wren
wren

Postby wren on January 23rd, 2011, 7:05 am

Denise wrote:Our family has a lot of fun reading the fortunes in fortune cookies and teasing each other. A friend of mine once suggested that you add the phrase "in bed" to the end of your fortune for a whole new interpretation. Funny! BUt I haven't shared that one with my kids. :oops:

We have fun with the fortune cookies too...and fortune cookies aren't Chinese at all...they're an American addition to the Chinese restaurants! lol
wren

Postby Jewelz on January 23rd, 2011, 10:48 pm

I think I'll have to try adding "in bed" to the end of my fortunes. Great idea! :lol:
Last edited by Jewelz on January 23rd, 2011, 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Love is like a butterfly, it goes where it please's, and please's where it goes. :-)
Jewelz

Postby Jewelz on January 23rd, 2011, 10:52 pm

When ordering take out, do you ever feel gypped if they forget the cookies? I know I do. :lol:

Love is like a butterfly, it goes where it please's, and please's where it goes. :-)
Jewelz

Postby TomEC on January 24th, 2011, 10:19 am

I wish my future was always the one predicted in fortune cookies. Than I would be healthy, happy, smart, successful and about to have something terrific happen to me.
“The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved, loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” -Victor Hugo
TomEC

Postby terri on January 24th, 2011, 10:54 am

Hi TomEC... nice to see you this fine Monday morning.

Actually I have gotten the occasional bad fortune in a fortune cookie. Like "Plan for the best. Prepare for the worst."

Now that I've looked into it though, that one was not so bad. Here's a few that are really bad that people have gotten like “Today is a disastrous day. If you can’t beat ’em, join ’em.” OR
"Your problem just got bigger. Think what have you done?" OR BETTER YET
"Perhaps you've been focusing too much on yourself."
Though I'd laugh, I think whatever chinese restaurant gave out fortunes like that might find they have a noticeable decrease in the number of patrons ordering from them.

I will give you a fortune as I think I'm t least as qualified as a fortune cookie. <G>
"You will have a great Monday, which will set the pace for a wonderful week, and an even better year."

:-)
T
terri
Site Admin

Postby TomEC on January 24th, 2011, 11:07 am

Wow! Brought to you by the brutally honest fortune cookie company. That might acutely be a refreshing change. Though I like your fortune better! Thanks
“The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved, loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” -Victor Hugo
TomEC

Postby wren on January 25th, 2011, 1:19 pm

Jewelz wrote:When ordering take out, do you ever feel gypped if they forget the cookies? I know I do. :lol:

Yes, Jewelz, I do! :(

I feel even more gypped when I open the cookie & there is no fortune in it. :o :shock: A fortune cookie without a fortune in it is just plain wrong! :evil: While everyone else is reading their fortunes, your cookie is screeching "YOU HAVE NO FORTUNE!" :oops: :cry: :lol:
wren

Postby Jewelz on January 26th, 2011, 2:00 am

wren wrote:
Jewelz wrote:When ordering take out, do you ever feel gypped if they forget the cookies? I know I do. :lol:

Yes, Jewelz, I do! :(

I feel even more gypped when I open the cookie & there is no fortune in it. :o :shock: A fortune cookie without a fortune in it is just plain wrong! :evil: While everyone else is reading their fortunes, your cookie is screeching "YOU HAVE NO FORTUNE!" :oops: :cry: :lol:

LOL... Your too funny! :lol: :lol: :lol: Yeah, I have been on the receiving end of an empty fortune cookie. Its just wrong. :twisted: Last summer in San Francisco we went to Chinatown (fun little area). I walked in a bakery looking for fortune cookies. Then I had to silently remind myself that it was an American invention. So I picked up some sesame cookies instead. Most everything looked tasty. :D

Jewelz

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion