New Zodiac

Re: New Zodiac

Postby TomEC on January 26th, 2011, 10:57 am

Jewelz wrote:
wren wrote:
Jewelz wrote:When ordering take out, do you ever feel gypped if they forget the cookies? I know I do. :lol:

Yes, Jewelz, I do! :(

I feel even more gypped when I open the cookie & there is no fortune in it. :o :shock: A fortune cookie without a fortune in it is just plain wrong! :evil: While everyone else is reading their fortunes, your cookie is screeching "YOU HAVE NO FORTUNE!" :oops: :cry: :lol:

LOL... Your too funny! :lol: :lol: :lol: Yeah, I have been on the receiving end of an empty fortune cookie. Its just wrong. :twisted: Last summer in San Francisco we went to Chinatown (fun little area). I walked in a bakery looking for fortune cookies. Then I had to silently remind myself that it was an American invention. So I picked up some sesame cookies instead. Most everything looked tasty. :D

If the fortune cookie was full of chocolate, I might not miss the fortune. ;)
“The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved, loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” -Victor Hugo
TomEC

Postby wren on January 26th, 2011, 5:27 pm

TomEC wrote:
If the fortune cookie was full of chocolate, I might not miss the fortune. ;)

Thomas, if the cookie was full of chocolate, I'd consider that getting a very good fortune! :lol: :D
wren

Postby Denise on January 27th, 2011, 11:23 pm

Okay, Terri, I just have to remind you to add the "in bed" to that one fortune "Perhaps you've been focusing too much on yourself." ROFLOL! :lol: :oops:
Denise

Postby wren on January 28th, 2011, 12:52 pm

Denise wrote:Okay, Terri, I just have to remind you to add the "in bed" to that one fortune "Perhaps you've been focusing too much on yourself." ROFLOL! :lol: :oops:

Too funny, Denise! ROTFL :lol: :oops: :D
wren

Postby MysticFan on January 28th, 2011, 5:47 pm

**Warning** Rambling on with another life story…RUN! LOL

Even though it is just a little cookie and piece of paper, fortune cookies hold a special place for me. After losing my first pregnancy to a miscarriage, I was devastated. A few months later, the hubby and I decided to try again. I thought it would be easy and within no time, we would conceive, but no such luck. Fourteen months later, we were still hoping, praying & waiting. We went out one weekend and decided to eat Chinese. At the end of our meal, the server brought our bill and fortune cookies. I opened mine and had to read it a few times. It brought the biggest smile to my face. It read, All your hard work will pay off soon. As I set there with that huge goofy smile on my face, I look over and see the same smile on my hubby’s face. His read Strike while the iron is hot and your outcome will be as you wish. We took both of those as a sign that we were on the right track. Well, not long after that I found out that I was 2 weeks pregnant with our now 18-month-old son. We know that the fortune did not make any difference with us conceiving, but it was just the small pick-me-up that we needed to let us know that not all hope was lost. Sorry for the story, but I had to share.
"Life can't always be cheesecake."-Elvi Black

MysticFan

Postby Denise on January 28th, 2011, 11:31 pm

Sweet story, Mystic. Thanks for sharing.
Denise

Postby MysticFan on January 29th, 2011, 5:18 am

Thanks Denise! :)

MysticFan

Postby Jewelz on January 30th, 2011, 10:42 am

MysticFan wrote:**Warning** Rambling on with another life story…RUN! LOL

Even though it is just a little cookie and piece of paper, fortune cookies hold a special place for me. After losing my first pregnancy to a miscarriage, I was devastated. A few months later, the hubby and I decided to try again. I thought it would be easy and within no time, we would conceive, but no such luck. Fourteen months later, we were still hoping, praying & waiting. We went out one weekend and decided to eat Chinese. At the end of our meal, the server brought our bill and fortune cookies. I opened mine and had to read it a few times. It brought the biggest smile to my face. It read, All your hard work will pay off soon. As I set there with that huge goofy smile on my face, I look over and see the same smile on my hubby’s face. His read Strike while the iron is hot and your outcome will be as you wish. We took both of those as a sign that we were on the right track. Well, not long after that I found out that I was 2 weeks pregnant with our now 18-month-old son. We know that the fortune did not make any difference with us conceiving, but it was just the small pick-me-up that we needed to let us know that not all hope was lost. Sorry for the story, but I had to share.

That is a great story. Feel free to share anytime. :D

Love is like a butterfly, it goes where it please's, and please's where it goes. :-)
Jewelz

Postby wren on January 30th, 2011, 3:48 pm

Jewelz wrote:
MysticFan wrote:**Warning** Rambling on with another life story…RUN! LOL

That is a great story. Feel free to share anytime. :D

I found this to be a very heartwarming story, MysticFan, especially for those of us who had some similar struggles to have children! Thank you for sharing it! Also, you never know when sharing from real life will be just the encouragement that someone on the forum needs! :)
wren

Postby MysticFan on February 1st, 2011, 11:19 pm

Thanks so much Jewelz & Wren!!
I am usually hesitant about sharing some things, but on here I haven't really had that problem. I just look at it as I'm talking & sharing with my good friends. :D

MysticFan

Previous

Return to General Discussion