Did someone say SNOW?????

Re: Did someone say SNOW?????

Postby susan60625 on February 3rd, 2011, 4:07 pm

Not a problem, Thomas. It happens all the time here on the forum! As you've probably noticed by now, we're very laid back here and the threads eventually get back on track or they play out.

As for getting plastered.... Well, I'm lucky in that I live in an apartment so I don't have to shovel! I also don't have a car, so I don't have to worry about digging it out and maintaining a parking spot. We also had enough notice that I was able to make sure I had a couple days worth of food on hand. I, also, am not working now and am taking on-line classes, so I haven't even had to leave the apartment! However, I have been through many big snowstorms here in Chicago before (currently 4 of the top 5) and have come to conclusion that if you dress properly, use common sense and have a tremendous amount of patience, you'll get through it just fine. Oh, and a good snowblower!
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby TomEC on February 3rd, 2011, 4:13 pm

You got that right Susan: be patient and sensible and stay safe. :D
“The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved, loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” -Victor Hugo
TomEC

Postby Denise on February 4th, 2011, 6:16 pm

Well, we're still buried. And for us, 13 inches IS buried. Oklahoma doesn't usually get much snow so our communities don't have the equipment to deal with this much. And today it snowed another 3-4 inches on top. Predictions are snow again Sunday and Wednesday. The kids were out of school all week except Monday. But, with the temps not going anywhere, neither is the snow. So I'm predicting continued school cancellations. Not good.

The kids are outside trying to build an igloo. We've already got a "snunnel". Where we piled the snow from the driveway was a long mountain and they dug through it.
Denise

Postby Denise on February 4th, 2011, 6:32 pm

Oh, and my daughter's teacher, anticipating they'd be out most of the week, made assignments for the week that still have to be done. Daughter was NOT happy about that. :lol:
Denise

Postby susan60625 on February 4th, 2011, 9:58 pm

Denise wrote:Oh, and my daughter's teacher, anticipating they'd be out most of the week, made assignments for the week that still have to be done. Daughter was NOT happy about that. :lol:

Smart teacher!
susan60625

Postby wren on February 8th, 2011, 6:29 pm

Mother Nature can't make up her mind about what to do with Old Man Winter here...one day it's rainy & cold, next it's sunny but damp & cold (nothing has time to dry out), tomorrow it's supposed to be rain mixed with snow again (which makes driving dangerous here because we don't have snow every year so many don't know how to drive in it & we don't have the appropriate equipment when we do have snow) We may be fully snowed or iced in Image...then warming up (if you can call it that) later in the week. The schools are having a tough time deciding if they need to close, especially if the weather is unsafe for running the school buses, but they already have three snow days to make up. Everyone is tired of the cold & being sick! We have been fortunate so far not to catch colds or flu, but we have also been staying in except when necessary. Trying to count our blessings and as for snow Image...roll it up & pack it...and here goes...

SPLAT- oops...back of the head!! SPLISH-SPLOT through the window!! SPLOSH down the back of the coat!!
~ Gotcha, Denise Image Sue Image & Thomas Image...

wren runs & ducks Image & tries to finds some warm mittens before the retaliation! Image

P.S. to Thomas & our new turns & newbies - we always end up having snowball fights on the forum every year...a tradition Denise started a couple of years ago!! :lol: And you never know on which thread you'll get bombarded! :o :D
wren

Postby susan60625 on February 8th, 2011, 9:41 pm

Oh, Wren, you just aren't playing fair this year! You've been hiding out IRL and then you launch a sneak attack! Just wait, my pretty princess! :twisted: Just when you least expect it, you will be paying the price! Bwahahahahaha!
susan60625

Postby wren on February 8th, 2011, 10:46 pm

susan60625 wrote:Oh, Wren, you just aren't playing fair this year! You've been hiding out IRL and then you launch a sneak attack! Just wait, my pretty princess! :twisted: Just when you least expect it, you will be paying the price! Bwahahahahaha!

*giggle* I was surprised that neither you nor Denise had the game going! Catch me if you can...:lol: 8-)
wren

Postby susan60625 on February 9th, 2011, 12:01 am

wren wrote:
susan60625 wrote:Oh, Wren, you just aren't playing fair this year! You've been hiding out IRL and then you launch a sneak attack! Just wait, my pretty princess! :twisted: Just when you least expect it, you will be paying the price! Bwahahahahaha!

*giggle* I was surprised that neither you nor Denise had the game going! Catch me if you can...:lol: 8-)

Oh, and no fair using your invisibility cloak! It's hard enough with you hiding IRL. :P
susan60625

Postby TomEC on February 11th, 2011, 3:38 pm

I think I better stay clear of this snowball fight until I figure out the rules. Image I think I'm overmatched.
“The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved, loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” -Victor Hugo
TomEC

Previous

Return to General Discussion