Blizzards and sick kids don't Mix...

Blizzards and sick kids don't Mix...

Postby grlnxtdr29 on February 2nd, 2011, 10:15 am

So, there are 16 inches of snow on the road, and my daughter woke up in the Middle of the night vomiting and with a high fever, and of course we ran out of children's fever medicine a week ago and I forgot to buy more when we were at the store yesterday. So first thing this morning Hubby had to trudge the block to the corner market to get some. And of course the market was bare because of everyone stocking up for the storm, but fortunately they had one bottle of the chewables, and a bottle of 7up. Hopefully she will be able to keep the fluids down today, or we may have to brave the roads to take her to the ER...
grlnxtdr29

Re: Blizzards and sick kids don't Mix...

Postby TomEC on February 2nd, 2011, 11:59 am

Oh that's terrible.I hope she gets better soon. These are the kind of conditions you should be able to sit at home and enjoy. I'd hate to think of anyone stuck on a snowy road with a sick child. You're in my thoughts and prayers.
“The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved, loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” -Victor Hugo
TomEC

Postby grlnxtdr29 on February 2nd, 2011, 12:23 pm

Thanks. I called her pediatrician, there office is closed due to the weather, but I spoke to the doctor on call, and he said it sounds like she won't need to go to the hospital since she has been able to pee today. Apparently 80% of the kids in the Quad city area (Iowa/Illinois) have had this stomach bug, and it only lasts 24 to 48 hours, and all they can do for it is give tylenol for the fever. And he said my son will probably get it too...
grlnxtdr29

Postby ElectricFedora on February 2nd, 2011, 8:45 pm

Oh I hope your Daughter feels better. I know how she feels although not as bad, We have bad snow here as well and I have been having a fever and coughing, sneezing and just feeling like poop. But schools on my butt for being absent so much. :/
Last edited by ElectricFedora on February 3rd, 2011, 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.” - Brian Littrell

"Idle hands are the devil's workshop." - Unknown.
ElectricFedora

Postby Lynsay on February 2nd, 2011, 10:10 pm

Hugs grlnxtdr, hope she feels better soon...and that your son, yourself and hubby avoid it.

Lynsay
Lynsay
Lynsay
Site Admin

Postby MysticFan on February 3rd, 2011, 12:43 am

GND, that is so terrible! I hope she feel better very soon & that it passes by the rest of you family without anyone else having to suffer through it. My baby boy woke up 4 days ago with a fever that continued to spike to 103.8 then he started throwing up also. I ended up taking him to see his doctor and she said that she has been seeing 4 different strands of this Flu/Cold/Stomach virus going around. Today he done so much better and I'm praying tomorrow he will continue to improve. It must be everywhere & it is so hard to shake once you get it.
"Life can't always be cheesecake."-Elvi Black

MysticFan

Postby grlnxtdr29 on February 3rd, 2011, 10:28 am

She ran a fever most of yesterday, but it passed in the night, and she hadn't been vomiting since yesterday around noon, but she threw up again this morning. I think she may have just drank too much too fast, though. Hopefully she will continue to get better thru the day. She HATES being sick as much as I hate it, I think. And with her being Autistic, she can't tell us how she is really feeling...
grlnxtdr29

Postby Denise on February 4th, 2011, 6:34 pm

I had one very similar, GND. Hope everything is better, now.
Denise

Return to General Discussion