What is the..........

Re: What is the..........

Postby lisa on October 19th, 2008, 8:52 am

Does anyone else have anything else different about Halloween? Nicola? I know lots of Halloween traditions come from Ireland, do you have anything to add or is trick or treating a thing over there? Or has costume parties taken the place of door to door "visits"? I live in a rural area so door to door doesnt work too well anyway, with all the stopping and starting of your vehicle, and walking up long winding driveways. In my case, past tombstones in the front field next to our driveway. ( can you tell we go years between trickortreaters. ?) In a big city, or even a subdivision it might work out better. :?: Can you tell we have a sugarrush at our house after Halloween. We always buy the type of candy we like, cause we never have trickortreaters, but we are prepared just in case. :lol:
lisa

Postby Nicola on October 19th, 2008, 11:47 am

lisa wrote:Does anyone else have anything else different about Halloween? Nicola? I know lots of Halloween traditions come from Ireland, do you have anything to add or is trick or treating a thing over there? Or has costume parties taken the place of door to door "visits"? I live in a rural area so door to door doesnt work too well anyway, with all the stopping and starting of your vehicle, and walking up long winding driveways. In my case, past tombstones in the front field next to our driveway. ( can you tell we go years between trickortreaters. ?) In a big city, or even a subdivision it might work out better. :?: Can you tell we have a sugarrush at our house after Halloween. We always buy the type of candy we like, cause we never have trickortreaters, but we are prepared just in case. :lol:

lol well lisa we do have decorations over here fireworks and trick treating i take my kids round my local neighborhood we know nearly everyone here lol the shankill isnt a big place but if ur not from it it is i've lived here all my life well except for when i live in BOSTON for a year god i should of stayed in the USA lol my heart belongs there just feel a very strong pull dont know why and Canada id be living near water and mountains lol , But i have seen noticeable changes like trick treating family Halloween party's dressing up to go to a Halloween party in a bar kids out running about going from door to door when i was young we sorta never had that cause the on going terrorist's troubles over here after there ceasefire i find that more traditions are coming from America and Canada like decorating your home for Xmas and Halloween yeah we give out sweets and candy apples my kids luv it dressing up and going out then we have a small family Halloween party in my house lol it's fun take me back to my care free childhood .... there's many family still live round here going back generations i mean my family date back to William Wallace Further back to witches and and other things a big part my family were in the armed forces they all old now and out of it lol My grand father was a dessert rat and he was in the RAF OHHHH u live near a graveyard excellent id love that over looking a graveyard when i walk past 1 or enter1 i feel peaceful dont know why since my ancestor history lol but what i know of i can give a slight bit history to Ireland there was a true life vampire found and burryed under a tree locked in a cast i remember my grand mother telling me that story and my aunts i swear 1 them was a witch lol she has firey red hair and green eyes lol mind u my other aunt was like that as well lol my sisters arnt i tend to take the trait of a very dark brunette blue eyes widow peek at front my head my mum swears i look like a vampire lol but id have to find out it that was a true thing about the vamp in Ireland lol or they just told me that story when i was a child lol i find this day in age people dont care for the traditions anymore and stay indoors :( which is sad i mean i adore halloween the thin veil between our world and there's ha ha ha ha my mum said im kinda freaky they hate me talking about it but i know there was witches in my family and i love halloween....

what i have found out that in IRELAND a place called Glenullin, that Leacht Abhartach was a petty king into sorcery and was ineed the vampire that was burred under a tree with a large stone placed ontop him so my aunts and so was right lol

and the quote i made about william wallace was from my grandfathers side they help in the death of william wallace the mccullough clan lol i know im sure the scottish are gonna luv me lol im a northern irish witch vampire lol murdering william wallace lmao ha ha ha ha

i hope this helps out sumwhat lol http://www.geocities.com/silvervcc/abhartach.html
I Have Lived For More Than 3000 Years Living forever is what i intend to do loving u is my only danger in the darkness of the nite i shall come to u with eyes burning silver eternity is only a heartbeat away let me take you there....
Nicola

Postby lisa on October 20th, 2008, 4:38 am

Wow!! Really cool Nicola. BTW just a few tombstones not a graveyard like i think you are picturing. They belonged to the family that had the property before, and only one grave marker is acutally readable. The others were written on a type of rock that doesnt hold carving too well and have since broken off and were unreadable long before they even broke. It was a small family plot not a huge graveyard like i think you are picturing, but it makes people very uneasy when they see the stone next to our driveway and at night fog settles RIGHT THERE!!! and sometimes only THERE. :shock:
lisa

Postby Nicola on October 20th, 2008, 5:44 am

lisa wrote:Wow!! Really cool Nicola. BTW just a few tombstones not a graveyard like i think you are picturing. They belonged to the family that had the property before, and only one grave marker is acutally readable. The others were written on a type of rock that doesnt hold carving too well and have since broken off and were unreadable long before they even broke. It was a small family plot not a huge graveyard like i think you are picturing, but it makes people very uneasy when they see the stone next to our driveway and at night fog settles RIGHT THERE!!! and sometimes only THERE. :shock:

awww thats so totally cool fog settles there id have to go investigate lol im to nosy that way mind u if anything went bump id most likely got a fright ha ha ha ha still it must be yrs old and carry sum sort of history with it that be really cool to find out who they belong to ya never know who could be famous there lol
I Have Lived For More Than 3000 Years Living forever is what i intend to do loving u is my only danger in the darkness of the nite i shall come to u with eyes burning silver eternity is only a heartbeat away let me take you there....
Nicola

Previous

Return to General Discussion