*RWA Conference* June 2011 * New York City*

Re: *RWA Conference* June 2011 * New York City*

Postby MysticFan on April 13th, 2011, 10:26 pm

Lynsay, so happy that you’re back! It sounds like you had a great time, and I’m so glad you did. Like Sue said, you definitely deserved the rest! :)
"Life can't always be cheesecake."-Elvi Black

MysticFan

Postby Lynsay on April 13th, 2011, 11:32 pm

Ummm....well actually I didn't get much rest. In fact, I'm happy to be home in my own bed without the constant clank of hotel doors closing in the hall. Hopefully I can sleep here, lol

Lynsay
Lynsay
Lynsay
Site Admin

Postby Jewelz on April 15th, 2011, 6:59 pm

Lynsay wrote:Met Pamela and sat beside her at the Avon dinner. She's LOVELY! Well deserving of your adoration. I liked her a great deal...which reminds me, I gave Terri today off but must remind her to send Pamela her picture of her with Dean when she comes in tomorrow. He was a hoot by the way. Loved him.

Lynsay

PS Jaime Roush and Kerrelyn Sparks were at our end of the table too and the four of us had a great time. Love ladies.

Yay! So happy to see you back on your forum. I bet you guys had a blast. I would of loved to have sat at your table in a heartbeat. Pamela is very sweet. I like posting on her forum, but her forum has been down for weeks. :cry: It helps that she's on FB too. But FB doesn't replace her forum, it just helps in a pinch. While you were in L.A., I was in San Francisco visiting my brother. How often are we ever in the same state. Now I'm just being silly! Pamela posted her picture with Dean on FB. Very cool!!! Did you have a picture taken with him too? Isn't he one of your favorite authors? Its great to hear that you and Terri had an awesome time at Disneyland. You were over due for a vacation.

Love is like a butterfly, it goes where it please's, and please's where it goes. :-)
Jewelz

Postby susan60625 on April 15th, 2011, 10:42 pm

Hey Lynsay! I noticed on FB today that you were tagged in some photos someone had taken at RT. One of the pictures had a caption that you won some sort of award. What award was it? Inquiring minds want to know!!!! :lol:
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby ElectricFedora on April 16th, 2011, 3:34 pm

I'm still working On trying to convince my mom to take me.
“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.” - Brian Littrell

"Idle hands are the devil's workshop." - Unknown.
ElectricFedora

Postby wren on April 17th, 2011, 9:05 am

Lynsay wrote:Met Pamela and sat beside her at the Avon dinner. She's LOVELY! Well deserving of your adoration. I liked her a great deal...which reminds me, I gave Terri today off but must remind her to send Pamela her picture of her with Dean when she comes in tomorrow. He was a hoot by the way. Loved him.

Lynsay

PS Jaime Roush and Kerrelyn Sparks were at our end of the table too and the four of us had a great time. Love ladies.

Wow...I want to be at that end of the table when you're at a conference I can attend. Actually, you are going to need a very large round table of your own when that happens, but we'll find room for those other fun authors. I'm glad you & Terri had so much fun. Nobody rests on vacations anyway...even when they're not "working vacations." Relaxing on a vacation is seldom the point of travel. <grin>

I like it that Pamela refers to us as the "Sands Gang" on her bulletin board...it's called that, although it's the same forum format that we have here. I haven't stopped in lately, so I didn't know it was down. I'm only catching up on our forum now.

Lynsay, I still say you need to squeeze in a couple of Pamela's books. Your styles are so very different that even if you did a spin-off of your shapeshifters into a series, you wouldn't have to worry about picking up plot ideas. Have you ever considered moving your shifters into a book series? They have a sci-fi paranormal basis, too. Of course, this is after you write 1000+ more Argeneau books, continue the Highlander series, pick up a few of the characters from former hystericals that have been waiting in historical oblivion, and The Madison Sisters is so hilarious & such a big hit, that we want more regencies from you...the sisters & their guys might even make "guest appearances" as happens in a lot of regencies. Seems like the shapeshifters may need to continue in anthologies for awhile longer...of course, you have always claimed that you need little sleep to function. ;)

Huh? Image What was that about having a life? Good thing you went to Disneyland on this trip, hon! Also, good thing you like what you do for a living. It's still work, but it's not drudgery if you like what you do! :lol: Just read the newest Kerrilyn book, and from the blurb I wasn't too excited, but as usual, it was excellent. I've always thought Kerrilyn might be lots of fun. Her books are lighthearted & in her photo in the back, it looks like she has a twinkle in her eye! That reminds me...at some point, you said you need an updated picture for your books, but I find the photo on your fb page is too light and it doesn't show your features as well as it needs. That means you either need to go to a studio for a new professional picture or have Terri take a picture of you at home! Personally, I like the natural photos, but I don't know what your editor wants. Oh, and smile, please...you are way too beautiful & are too much fun not to show it off! Too bad Thomas isn't on your side of Canada, since he is a professional photographer. Hmmm...look over them, as you may have taken a good photo while in California that you could use...having fun at RT or at Disneyland!

Don't forget to post some pics on your blog for us & tell us how to find it. The livespaces blog thing has changed, but I think you already changed yours, so we'll need to know how to find it or if Terri has linked it on the homepage of your website. I still need to figure out what to do with mine. :( You would think I would make a good blogger, but I really only like to be chatty with my forum or fb friends. Otherwise, I never can think of anything to say! :lol: I only opened the livespace thingy so I could comment when you posted, but I quite liked it just the way I had it! All change is not progress, no matter what those who keep changing things think! For example, Facebook was so much better before this latest "update." They've changed it several times since your Immortals originally joined, and all but one time has been dismal. That's life, though, and I keep it to stay in touch with friends and family, and because I'm hooked on two games...which reminds me, it's time to go get a Kingburger out of my virtual pet's oven before it burns & put out new food on the wildlife feeding table in my fairy's garden to try to attract that very rare & very elusive Taz . :lol:

susan60625 wrote:I'm glad that Pamela is as nice as we think she is. I think I'm the only person here who has read all of Jaime Rush's books, and I'm just waiting for delivery of the latest by Kerrelyn Sparks. Sounds like you guys had a great time.

Sue, I'm glad Lynsay could confirm our intuition about Pamela, especially since it was a Lynsay Sands led anthology that introduced us to her. Not that Lynsay gets to choose the other writers invited, but it is good to know she got to meet both and had a great time with them. 8-) I've only tried Jaime's story in the BBC anthology, but since you've read them, I went and looked at Jaime's website and the Offspring books do look like an interesting series. I will order the first in the series & see how I like it, as the excerpt was good. Will let you know how it goes! Wonder if Thomas would like them, as the premise seems to overlap sci-fi/paranormal .I didn't realize her story in BBC was part of the series, though not critical to the overall plot. That means all three BBC stories are part of a major series from each author! :)
wren

Postby susan60625 on April 17th, 2011, 12:20 pm

wren wrote:
susan60625 wrote:I'm glad that Pamela is as nice as we think she is. I think I'm the only person here who has read all of Jaime Rush's books, and I'm just waiting for delivery of the latest by Kerrelyn Sparks. Sounds like you guys had a great time.

Sue, I'm glad Lynsay could confirm our intuition about Pamela, especially since it was a Lynsay Sands led anthology that introduced us to her. Not that Lynsay gets to choose the other writers invited, but it is good to know she got to meet both and had a great time with them. 8-) I've only tried Jaime's story in the BBC anthology, but since you've read them, I went and looked at Jaime's website and the Offspring books do look like an interesting series. I will order the first in the series & see how I like it, as the excerpt was good. Will let you know how it goes! Wonder if Thomas would like them, as the premise seems to overlap sci-fi/paranormal .I didn't realize her story in BBC was part of the series, though not critical to the overall plot. That means all three BBC stories are part of a major series from each author! :)

Jaime Rush's novella in Bitten By Cupid is kinda like Pamela's. The characters are of the same world but they aren't part of the main story line. It's always possible that they will join in, but not so far. And yes, they are more sci-fi than paranormal, but they definitely have their romance moments!
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby ElectricFedora on April 17th, 2011, 10:04 pm

Does anyone know where this conference will be held next year?
“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.” - Brian Littrell

"Idle hands are the devil's workshop." - Unknown.
ElectricFedora

Postby sin on April 18th, 2011, 7:17 am

ElectricFedora wrote:Does anyone know where this conference will be held next year?

EF here is the RWA site for upcoming dates: http://www.rwa.org/cs/rwa_annual_conference/future_conference_sites

Future RWA Conference Sites

2011 June 28–July 1 New York Marriott Marquis

2012 July 25-28 Anaheim Marriott

2013 July 17-21 Atlanta Marriott Marquis

2014 July 23-26 San Antonio Marriott Rivercenter &
Marriott Riverwalk

2015 July 22-25 New York Marriott Marquis

2016 July 13-16 San Diego Marriott Hotel and Marina

Hope this helps.

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby rockie on April 19th, 2011, 10:06 pm

Im super glad that Pamela and Kerrelyn are so nice! I can't wait to meet all of yall!!
AEA Sister♥☮☆♪
Sisterhood of the Traveling Fangs♥☮☆♪
Live
.♫
⋰**
⋱♫ ..Laugh
( ``✫•♫
`✫•.¸ )
¸. ✶♫....L♥ve
( ``✫•~
rockie

PreviousNext