R.T. Convention and L.A.

R.T. Convention and L.A.

Postby terri on April 19th, 2011, 3:31 pm

Hi ladies and gents,

Just thought I'd sign in and see how you all are? I hope well. I do't have much time but I will catch up on the forum by next week. I have some catching up to do at work here due to the week away.

RT was fun. I have never been to the RT convention before and we met a lot of very nice people including her editor and Harper's . Lynsay looked pretty confident getting her award (for best historical romance for 2010 for 'Taming the Highland Bride') so although others couldn't tell, I knew she was nervous. Her fidgeting and OMG expressions she had as it approached her time to go up gave her away. She did us proud! <G>

Also there was a great turnout at both book signings. She was kept pretty busy so it's good they didn't make them any longer. Many photos floating around out there with herself and her readers now. And the books! Lord I can't believe the number of books they gave out.

The Omni Hotel was very nice. Much nicer then the Westin. Rooms were twice as big at the Omni and no issues. Fantastic bread pudding... jeez, I'm making myself hungry. LOL

We went to Universal Studios and did the tour, saw some shows and road a few rides. We saw the psycho house, the plane crash from War Of The Worlds, Whoville from the Grinch, the Desperate Housewives neighbourhood block (btw a lot of those flowers are fake so don't feel bad about your REAL gardens!), the 'beach' where Jaws was filmed, we went on the Parenthood set (they weren't there), saw the delorian from Back To The Future...
We saw the WaterWorld live production. Wow, they were jumping, diving, hitting, blowing up things all over the place. And spraying the audience with water o course... I thought that was a cheap trick.
Our favourite ride was The Mummy. Hands down it was the best (we went on it 4 times!) and probably the next best was the Jurassic Park ride. BTW Lynsay got a little wet our second time around... LOL.
We got these giant suckers that were almost as big as your fist!
We also got these caricatures done and they don't really look like us. They kinda look like certain actresses you would know... LOL

Then we went to see Craig Ferguson the next day. Wow, it was a long wait to get into the studio and it was COLD in there. They only seat about 100 people so beware... your voice will be a little raw the next day if you're part of the audience.

And we also went to Hollywood Blvd. I'll let Lynsay tell you all about that. I will say this... I didn't know the Hare Krishnas loved Hollywood Blvd so much and we had a nice view of the big scientology building there too.

I'll see if I can't post some pictures in the next few days. It's good to be home. :-)

Terri nator
terri
Site Admin

Re: R.T. Convention and L.A.

Postby Lynsay on April 19th, 2011, 8:53 pm

The Mummy was definitely a good ride. I love rides. Gonna go to Canada's wonderland for my birthday I think.

Hollywood blvd...Terri dragged me into Madame Tussauds where we took our pics hanging all over and kissing up to famous movie stars. A bunch of hotties who couldn't fend us off, lol. And we got cupcakes at crumbs, after which I was ready to move to LA.

Had lots of fun. It was lovely meeting all the readers. Couldn't have done it without the Terror there. Glad to be home.

Lynsay
Lynsay
Lynsay
Site Admin

Postby rockie on April 19th, 2011, 10:04 pm

Lynsay wrote:The Mummy was definitely a good ride. I love rides. Gonna go to Canada's wonderland for my birthday I think.

Hollywood blvd...Terri dragged me into Madame Tussauds where we took our pics hanging all over and kissing up to famous movie stars. A bunch of hotties who couldn't fend us off, lol. And we got cupcakes at crumbs, after which I was ready to move to LA.

Had lots of fun. It was lovely meeting all the readers. Couldn't have done it without the Terror there. Glad to be home.

Lynsay

LOL Lynsay and Terri,
Sounds like yall had fun!! I can't wait for NYC.. Im am hopefully going to NYC... I can't wait to meet yall!!
AEA Sister♥☮☆♪
Sisterhood of the Traveling Fangs♥☮☆♪
Live
.♫
⋰**
⋱♫ ..Laugh
( ``✫•♫
`✫•.¸ )
¸. ✶♫....L♥ve
( ``✫•~
rockie

Postby Lynsay on April 21st, 2011, 12:22 am

Can't wait to meet you and the other girls able to go either. We need to set a date, time and place for meeting. Will do that as it gets closer...once I know what they are booking me up for. Don't let me forget or I'll be annoyed with myself. lol

Lynsay, too pooped to pop and heading to bed.
Lynsay
Lynsay
Site Admin

Postby rockie on April 21st, 2011, 9:26 pm

Lynsay wrote:Can't wait to meet you and the other girls able to go either. We need to set a date, time and place for meeting. Will do that as it gets closer...once I know what they are booking me up for. Don't let me forget or I'll be annoyed with myself. lol

Lynsay, too pooped to pop and heading to bed.

That would be awesome! I can't wait!! :D
I will remind ya..
AEA Sister♥☮☆♪
Sisterhood of the Traveling Fangs♥☮☆♪
Live
.♫
⋰**
⋱♫ ..Laugh
( ``✫•♫
`✫•.¸ )
¸. ✶♫....L♥ve
( ``✫•~
rockie

Postby Jewelz on April 26th, 2011, 8:57 pm

terri wrote:RT was fun. I have never been to the RT convention before and we met a lot of very nice people including her editor and Harper's . Lynsay looked pretty confident getting her award (for best historical romance for 2010 for 'Taming the Highland Bride') so although others couldn't tell, I knew she was nervous. Her fidgeting and OMG expressions she had as it approached her time to go up gave her away. She did us proud! <G>

It was definitely the best!!! My Fave of the three in that series. Oh, you just gotta love Merry Stewart! I had no idea that you received an award, Lynsay. Congratulations!!! Your books are so cleverly written. I wish they could all win awards. I call your books "Top Shelf" worthy. They are placed at the top of my bookcase. Now I'm sure I sound OCD. My book shelves are arranged a certain way. Most of my favorite books are arranged from the middle going up. :D

Love is like a butterfly, it goes where it please's, and please's where it goes. :-)
Jewelz

Postby sin on April 28th, 2011, 5:23 pm

Glad Terri and you had a great time. Can not wait to meet both of you. It will be a blast.:D

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby Jewelz on April 29th, 2011, 4:13 am

sin wrote:Glad Terri and you had a great time. Can not wait to meet both of you. It will be a blast.:D

OMG, are you going to NYC? We have to get together. Hope Rockie's able to go too. I will definitely miss our sister Wren not being able to go.

Love is like a butterfly, it goes where it please's, and please's where it goes. :-)
Jewelz

Postby sin on May 2nd, 2011, 12:48 am

Jewelz wrote:
sin wrote:Glad Terri and you had a great time. Can not wait to meet both of you. It will be a blast.:D

OMG, are you going to NYC? We have to get together. Hope Rockie's able to go too. I will definitely miss our sister Wren not being able to go.

Gotta miss me also as we are not able to go this year :(

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Return to General Discussion