Introducing Myself

Introducing Myself

Postby Mina C. Lobo on May 21st, 2011, 5:55 pm

Hey, Y'all - I'm Mina, from NY. I signed up for this message board after I read "A Quick Bite," and then slacked off on actually posting (though I did post a note on Lynsay's Wall on FB, so yay, me). 8-)

Anyway, as I awaited the Rapture (PS, it seems to've skipped NY - though it did rain quite a bit, which is similar) I entertained myself with "Love Bites," which was AWESOME! I really got into Etienne and Rachel's story and, I have to admit, my crush on Thomas from the first book only grew here (what can I say; I like 'em slightly goofball). Then I was possessed by this demon of "Marguerite and Thomas have to get their own books, they just ***have*** to!!!!!" And I was all set to beg/bribe Lynsay to pretty please write them until I checked out the book list on her Web site and was able to breathe a sigh of relief. I am so, so, sooooooooooo jazzed about reading the rest of this series (reading the blurb Lynsay posted from Lucern's book made me COL - Cackle Out Loud). I've got to pace myself, though, because I've got this TBR stack admonishing me to catch up and have racked up a bit more in purchases w/Borders since I upgraded to Members PLUS than is strictly acceptable to my wallet.

I'm babbling? Yeah, I'm babbling. I had a couple of powdered jelly donuts before posting, my bad.

ANYWAY - I'm stoked (not staked) to be here and look forward to hanging out with youse guys.

Peace,
Mina

PS: I'm a 40 y.o. single mom whose son is looking to apply to COLLEGE this coming fall, for pity's sake - donuts and chocolate (OK, and booze) are medicinal.
I'm hungry like the...well, you get the picture.
Mina C. Lobo

Re: Introducing Myself

Postby susan60625 on May 25th, 2011, 12:26 pm

Welcome Mina! It sounds like you're going to fit in here really well! It's always fun for those of us who have read all of Lynsay's books to meet a newbie! Fresh eyes and all that! I see you found the Quirky questions, but please also answer the Getting to Know You questions. It's not a requirement, but it helps us get to know you better (Duh - Obviously!)

As you may have noticed, your name is currently a bright lime green. That will last until you rack up 20 or so posts. It's a safety feature to help us weed out the spammers and kooks! However, that means that your posts will not appear immediately. They have to be approved. Don't worry, the powers that be (namely Lynsay and her sister/assistant, Terri) aren't sensors. They're just protecting us. After you've reached your twenty posts, you'll be "Turned" and your name will turn navy blue and your posts will be immediate.

After reading your introduction, I think that you'll fit in here really well. Right now the board is a little slow, but with a new release coming up in 6 DAYS, things will be jumping soon. All of the regulars will be on here gushing with adoration for Lynsay and speculation on what's going to happen next! We have members from all over the world. I'll admit most are here in the U.S., but we have friends in Canada, England, other European countries, and, even, Australia! We even have our first brother to join our "sisterhood". Thomas (yes, that's his name!) is very active here, so you'll meet him soon!

So, if you have any questions, feel free to ask them. Somebody here will answer them as soon as we have the answers! Please enjoy!
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby rockie on May 25th, 2011, 1:03 pm

Welcome Welcome... we love to get newbies around here... :D
Sue is right on with everything that she said... once you get into the grove of posting and such you will get to know everyone.. but yes please do answer the getting to know you questions! please do..
Don't let any one scare you off... we are a likely bunch... :lol:
but you will learn and see... :D
Welcome to the forum! hope to see you around!!
AEA Sister♥☮☆♪
Sisterhood of the Traveling Fangs♥☮☆♪
Live
.♫
⋰**
⋱♫ ..Laugh
( ``✫•♫
`✫•.¸ )
¸. ✶♫....L♥ve
( ``✫•~
rockie

Postby Lynsay on May 25th, 2011, 6:28 pm

Welcome Mina! Hope you like it here. The people on the forum are awesome!!

Lynsay

P.S. Glad you're enjoying the stories Mina!
Lynsay
Lynsay
Site Admin

Postby Mina C. Lobo on May 25th, 2011, 9:59 pm

Thanks, all, for the warm welcome. I anticipate many good times!

As to answering the "getting to know you" questions - I hear and obey!!!

(I'm employing an inordinate amount of exclamation points, for some mysterious reason!!!!!!!) :D
I'm hungry like the...well, you get the picture.
Mina C. Lobo

Postby tkw5002 on May 26th, 2011, 8:33 am

Welcome welcome welcome!!!!! It is a lot of fun on here! the people are awesome!!!!! So you like Love Bites? I really like that one to, although, I must say, my very first Argeneau book I ever read that pulled me into the series was Bite Me if You Can. SO GOOD!!!!!! :-) Anywho, welcome and have lots of fun!!!! :D
At Last A Love Affair He Can Really Sink His Teeth Into

Image[/URL]
tkw5002

Postby MysticFan on May 26th, 2011, 8:57 pm

I have to agree with everyone else and say that the people here are so wonderful & this is such a great place to be. I am so glad that you found your way here, Mina! :D
"Life can't always be cheesecake."-Elvi Black

MysticFan

Postby TomEC on May 30th, 2011, 12:58 pm

Hello Mina, nice to meet you. Despite my handle, you can call me Thomas, it's my name after all.

Sounds like you have some reading to do to get caught up on the books. Don't read them too fast or before you know it you'll run out. They're fun to read the second time but you can only read a book for the first time once. Enjoy the journey.

In any case, you'll really enjoy this forum, I think. The folks here are awesome, though I feel a little outnumbered sometimes. Don't get me wrong, I like women a lot; so much so that I married one but I wouldn't mind someone else taking up the slack of the male point of view once in a while. Try as I might, I can only speak for myself rather than my entire gender.

Anyway, have fun. That's what this forum is for.
“The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved, loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” -Victor Hugo
TomEC

Return to General Discussion