I'm So new here.

I'm So new here.

Postby rachelabshr on May 25th, 2011, 1:40 pm

Hello,
My name is Rachel I am new here and recently kicked all the authors on my favorites list
Down a notch so I could slide Lynsay into the number one slot. I am new to her books
I stared out of sequence last month with one of her Argeneau books from the library.
I loved it so much I ran out and got the whole series and am now making my way through
Them far to fast but they are now my crack and I am addicted! I love all things Argeneau!

I am super thrilled to have found this message board. Glad to find people who like to talk about
The books and I look forward to making friends here.

Love Lynsay and her Argeneau family! It makes me want to write. I am just a cosmetologist for
Crying out loud.
If you cannot be a poet, be the poem.
rachelabshr

Re: I'm So new here.

Postby susan60625 on May 25th, 2011, 7:42 pm

Well, Rachel, you have certainly come to the right place! We here are all addicted to Lynsay! You are a lucky person. Even if you finish all the books right away, you won't have long to wait for the next new book in the series. The new book "The Reluctant Vampire" comes out next Tuesday! The rest of us have all been waiting since last fall for this next book!

We enjoy meeting new people here. I suggest you answer the "Getting to Know You Questions" and the "Quirky Questions" in the Getting to Know You section. It's not a requirement but it helps us find out more about you!

You'll notice that your name appears in bright lime green. This signifies that you are new here and your posts have to be posted approved by the powers that be. These powers - Lynsay and her sister/assistant, Terri - aren't sensoring your posts, they are just protecting us for spammers and kooks! After you've posted about 20 times, you will be "Turned" and your name will become navy blue and your posts will appear immediately..

Well, come back as often as you like, and if you have any questions, feel free to ask them. Someone will get back to you as soon as possible! Enjoy!
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby Mina C. Lobo on May 25th, 2011, 11:01 pm

I'm a fellow n00b - howdy! Which book did you read first?
I'm hungry like the...well, you get the picture.
Mina C. Lobo

Postby Denise on May 26th, 2011, 12:09 am

Welcome Rachel! Love to have newbies.
Denise

Postby rachelabshr on May 26th, 2011, 7:12 am

Thank you so much for the welcome! Also for letting me know how it works. I am also new to these Community chats as well. I look forward to getting to know you all and talking about the books. Yay! :D
rachelabshr

Postby MysticFan on May 26th, 2011, 9:08 pm

Welcome, Rachel! I have to say that I did the same exact thing when I first found Lynsay's amazing Argeneaus... I read through them way to fast! Those were the good ole days! I could finish one book and just pick up another. Now I have to wait around for the next to be released. Enjoy that wonderful time...lol :D
"Life can't always be cheesecake."-Elvi Black

MysticFan

Postby rachelabshr on May 27th, 2011, 11:31 am

Lol I will be there myself as fast as I am reading them....And yes liek you I pick one up read right through it in a day or so and then right on to the next one. Ugh what's a girl to do? Oh well I guess that's why this place is here so we can keep it fresh and make us want more.
rachelabshr

Postby TomEC on May 30th, 2011, 1:18 pm

Hi Rachel!

Welcome to our little slice of the Internet. it's a fun place to be. Like you, I also have a name that matches one of the characters in the books: Thomas. I'm one of the few males on this site, but since I'm safely married it's not so scary. I have good news and bad news for you:

:arrow: On the downside, the books will go by way too fast. :arrow: On the upside, you can always read them again.

:arrow: On the downside, it takes months for a new book to come out. :arrow: On the upside, it's great when they do.

:arrow: On the downside, the nano's aren't real. They're fiction. :arrow: On the upside... there is no upside to that.

:arrow: On the downside, you'll never really get to meet those characters because their fictional. :arrow: On the upside, you have us.

Enjoy the forum Rachel!
“The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved, loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” -Victor Hugo
TomEC

Postby wren on June 6th, 2011, 12:51 pm

rachelabshr wrote:Hello,
My name is Rachel I am new here and recently kicked all the authors on my favorites list
Down a notch so I could slide Lynsay into the number one slot. I am new to her books
I stared out of sequence last month with one of her Argeneau books from the library.
I loved it so much I ran out and got the whole series and am now making my way through
Them far to fast but they are now my crack and I am addicted! I love all things Argeneau!

Rachel, you have found the best place anywhere for Argeneaus and friends anywhere...and you won't be "new" for long. We just don't allow our newbies to stay "new" around here as we love making new friends! You are encouraged to jump in anywhere & have fun with us...if you need help, an "oldie" will be glad to answer questions or point you in the right direction, and you'll soon be "turned" Immortal & earn all the privileges that come with it. :)

Soon, like the rest of us here, you'll "think" in Argeneau everywhere you go! :lol: I went to see the film Thor with my family recently, and leaned over to my dear frog prince (aka my hubby) and whispered, "You know...he would make a great Etienne!" My wonderful "real life mate" just smiled! Image

rachelabshr wrote:Love Lynsay and her Argeneau family! It makes me want to write. I am just a cosmetologist for
Crying out loud.

Just a cosmetologist, Rachel? Image Why, never underestimate yourself, dahling! We have a very long thread on the general discussion section about when we need a new do, etc. I assure you, your skills are highly valued here! Image Why, even Marguerite & the other Immortal girls go to get their hair & nails done, and even our hunky-hottie Immortal guys get haircuts! Image Everyone wants to feel pretty or look their best (yes, even those with the nanos!) As for writing, Lynsay encourages us to be creative & give it a try if we wish, especially when it's not our sole means of support! As for me, I toy with writing for my own enjoyment, but I'd rather read my fave authors and write humongous posts on the greatest forum to be found...which is this one...again, Welcome to Lynsay's Forum...home of her "Official Fans" Image We're so glad you've joined us!!

Mina C. Lobo wrote:I'm a fellow n00b - howdy! Which book did you read first?

Welcome to you too, Mina! Image I think we have a thread based on your question...I'll try to find it & bump it up & move your question there so it won't be missed! If it's from what we call the "old forum" I'll get us started with a thread on the Argeneau Discuss the Series section! It'll be fun for each of us to revisit the book that hooked us on our Argeneaus....and Nottes....and Enforcers.... 8-)
wren

Postby wren on June 6th, 2011, 1:29 pm

TomEC wrote:Hi Rachel!

Welcome to our little slice of the Internet. it's a fun place to be. Like you, I also have a name that matches one of the characters in the books: Thomas. I'm one of the few males on this site, but since I'm safely married it's not so scary. I have good news and bad news for you:

As he said, his actual name is Thomas...and that's what we call him, instead of his registered member name! Fortunate that it's his actual name, because I don't think he stood a chance of being called anything else! :lol: Some of us really "ancient" Immortals can be a bit stubborn, like some of the grumpy old vamps you've encountered in the books! Image I might resemble that remark, but I'm in excellent company! *giggle* We really like having our Thomas here on the forum, as we get the male point of view in our discussions now. We have other males on the forum, but Thomas will actually speak up and get in on the games with us, too. His lovely life mate's name is Theresa, but like most life mates, we just hear about her through her life matel...which, in this case, is Thomas!

TomEC wrote: :arrow: On the downside, the books will go by way too fast. :arrow: On the upside, you can always read them again.
....and again....and again....and again...and again...and again...and again...and again...until you can quote passages and answer many of the games from memory! I quit counting how many times I've read the series in its entirety after 7 readings! Image

TomEC wrote: :arrow: On the downside, it takes months for a new book to come out. :arrow: On the upside, it's great when they do.
WooHoo...like now!! TRV is fangtastic!!!! Image

TomEC wrote: :arrow: On the downside, the nano's aren't real. They're fiction. :arrow: On the upside... there is no upside to that.
But...there is real scientific and medical research being done about nano-technology, and Lynsay has been told she isn't far off in how she describes what the Atlantis scientists were trying to accomplish...so who knows what the future may bring? Alas, that's the best we can do for an upside at this time! Image While I would love Immortal abilities & peak health, I'd still prefer to have them without needing to drink the current ABB beverage of choice, kwim? :lol:

TomEC wrote: :arrow: On the downside, you'll never really get to meet those characters because their fictional. :arrow: On the upside, you have us.
Yes, which includes our beloved author Lynsay & our beloved Terri, who kind of does...hmmm...everything except write the books because that's what Lynsay does...and all the forum Immortals are the next best thing to having the fictional characters & we will love & help you through all life's ups & downs with fun & friendship that only those who read the same books know how to share! Image

TomEC wrote:Enjoy the forum Rachel!
What Thomas said!!!! 8-)
wren

Next

Return to General Discussion