Spazzing Out a Bit

Spazzing Out a Bit

Postby Mina C. Lobo on June 6th, 2011, 11:17 pm

...my kid took the SAT this past Saturday. I can't believe I have a son old enough to take the dang SAT. Holy sheepdip. THE SAT!!!!!!! When did my son get old enough to have to take the SAT for college applications (next year)????? (That is to say, he'll be submitting applications to colleges next year.) Middle age totally snuck up on me, y'all - most days, I feel like I'm 12 (except for my knees...those feel all 40 years, and then some).

*Ahem*

That is all.

8-)
I'm hungry like the...well, you get the picture.
Mina C. Lobo

Re: Spazzing Out a Bit

Postby MysticFan on June 7th, 2011, 8:28 pm

I know that this probably isn't at all close to being the same thing, but I kinda wonder how on earth the time flies by so fast. My baby boy will be 2 in July and I promise it feels like I just brought him home yesterday. I have been out of scool for 11 years! It's crazy! Time truly does pass by at a much faster pace the older I get. As for the feeling 12... that is a great thing. Jack Benny expresses age best with his words, "Age is strictly a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter." :D I wish your son the best of luck with the SATs.
"Life can't always be cheesecake."-Elvi Black

MysticFan

Postby Mina C. Lobo on June 7th, 2011, 10:09 pm

^It's not so dissimilar, although I have to say, I don't feel like time's flown by, exactly...I'm just amazed at *how much* time has passed, yet I'm still a complete goofball. :D

Mind you, I had a nasty shock today. The lighting in my apartment's not the best, and I'm cheap (unless it comes to books and music) so no extra lamps. The lights are work are ridiculously bright and, in a bathroom mirror I saw, like a *bunch* of white hairs in my crowning glory! Gah! GAH! Now, I've plucked the ocassional white hair, and have noticed that some of the hair in my eyebrows is coming in a tawny color, rather than the dark brown they were (TMI? Please forgive.) but DANG - today's realization hit me in the solar plexus. Hard. Made me get all morose and contemplative of my mortality, and whatnot.

But seriously, MysticFan; thanks for your good wishes for my man-child. And enjoy your baby - even after all these years (and a bad, bad memory), wonderful moments are etched in my mind, of all the "new" things he did, all the marvelous ways in which he and I enjoyed one another's company, even the heartbreaking moments (like, shortly after he turned 13 he told me he didn't need me to read him bedtime stories anymore. Sob!). I hope you (and all moms here) have a blasty-blast with your kinder!
Mina C. Lobo

Postby Kath on June 9th, 2011, 6:47 pm

Yeah, I know what you mean about time going by fast. My younger daughter is starting middle school in the fall. Wow! And my oldest daughter is finishing up as Sophomore in High School in a couple of weeks. Wasn't it yesterday that she was just starting High School? And last week when I brought her home from the hospital? Nah, it was just month that I was in High School. Wasn't it? hah hah hah hah :lol:
Kath

Postby Mina C. Lobo on June 10th, 2011, 2:45 pm

Whoa, hold up, Kath - I thought you and I were sharing a limo for Junior Prom next week????? ;)
Mina C. Lobo

Postby rockie on June 11th, 2011, 11:14 pm

I got yall.. I know how yall feel.. Im the youngest child in my family and I will be 24 in August and I have already graduated from College and trying to start working on my Master's Degree!! Oh man... I know my mom wonders where the time went... She can remember when I broke both of my arms at the same time...( long story)

MysticFan wrote:I know that this probably isn't at all close to being the same thing, but I kinda wonder how on earth the time flies by so fast. My baby boy will be 2 in July and I promise it feels like I just brought him home yesterday. I have been out of scool for 11 years! It's crazy! Time truly does pass by at a much faster pace the older I get. As for the feeling 12... that is a great thing. Jack Benny expresses age best with his words, "Age is strictly a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter." :D I wish your son the best of luck with the SATs.

Man I remember when they brought my nephew home from the hospital.. man it feels like yesterday and he will be 5 in November!!! My little baby is growing up!!! Oh man...
AEA Sister♥☮☆♪
Sisterhood of the Traveling Fangs♥☮☆♪
Live
.♫
⋰**
⋱♫ ..Laugh
( ``✫•♫
`✫•.¸ )
¸. ✶♫....L♥ve
( ``✫•~
rockie

Postby rockie on June 11th, 2011, 11:14 pm

I got yall.. I know how yall feel.. Im the youngest child in my family and I will be 24 in August and I have already graduated from College and trying to start working on my Master's Degree!! Oh man... I know my mom wonders where the time went... She can remember when I broke both of my arms at the same time...( long story)

MysticFan wrote:I know that this probably isn't at all close to being the same thing, but I kinda wonder how on earth the time flies by so fast. My baby boy will be 2 in July and I promise it feels like I just brought him home yesterday. I have been out of scool for 11 years! It's crazy! Time truly does pass by at a much faster pace the older I get. As for the feeling 12... that is a great thing. Jack Benny expresses age best with his words, "Age is strictly a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter." :D I wish your son the best of luck with the SATs.

Man I remember when they brought my nephew home from the hospital.. man it feels like yesterday and he will be 5 in November!!! My little baby is growing up!!! Oh man...
AEA Sister♥☮☆♪
Live
.♫
⋰**
⋱♫ ..Laugh
( ``✫•♫
`✫•.¸ )
¸. ✶♫....L♥ve
( ``✫•~
rockie

Postby MsKitty on June 12th, 2011, 8:13 am

lol.. Rockie.. You broke both your arms at the same time?? What a talented lass you are!! xx
Ms Kitty - AEA Sister & Australian Council Enforcer Contact
MsKitty

Postby rockie on June 12th, 2011, 10:06 am

MsKitty wrote:lol.. Rockie.. You broke both your arms at the same time?? What a talented lass you are!! xx

Yes I did, I fell out of a swing set when I was 6... My friend and I were in the back yard and we had the swing all the way up to the top bar, and I got up there... well I wanted to get down and she wouldn't give me the bucket, So I was getting down either way, and my arms got caught and I fell face forward and used my arms to stop myself... So I had one pink cast on one arm and a purple cast on the other...
AEA Sister♥☮☆♪
Live
.♫
⋰**
⋱♫ ..Laugh
( ``✫•♫
`✫•.¸ )
¸. ✶♫....L♥ve
( ``✫•~
rockie

Postby susan60625 on June 12th, 2011, 10:09 am

I'm sorry Rockie, but I've got you beat! It could only have been last year that my god-daughter was born, but yesterday she graduated from college! I have no idea where the time went! It's making me feel real old! :(
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Next

Return to General Discussion