Spazzing Out a Bit

Re: Spazzing Out a Bit

Postby ElectricFedora on June 20th, 2011, 10:56 am

I know it seems a little bad complaining about age since I'm only 15 but I'm so scared, I'm taking SATs next year and then I'm going to go to college and get a job. It's so scary.
“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.” - Brian Littrell

"Idle hands are the devil's workshop." - Unknown.
ElectricFedora

Postby Mina C. Lobo on June 20th, 2011, 1:08 pm

ElectricFedora wrote:I know it seems a little bad complaining about age since I'm only 15 but I'm so scared, I'm taking SATs next year and then I'm going to go to college and get a job. It's so scary.

You know, Electric, many times I've heard adults saying stuff like kids don't have any cares in the world and they wish they could go back to their carefree youths. I call BS - every stage in life has its challenges, cares/worries, and sorrows, and they're all incredibly important, you know? To a baby, taking those first steps is *hard work*! For a Kindergartener/First-Grader, learning how to cut paper in a straight line kicks your butt (I still can't quite manage it). Learning about making friends/following the rules/what it means to respect authority, are all very complicated endeavors, and when you finally get to high school it's all about first loves and college/future/career prep, maybe you get your first job and deal with your first jerk boss, you take tests that will significantly impact the course of your life - how the heck is that any easier than anything else? [/rant]

ANYWAY, wishing you the very best of luck on the SATs and school (and life!). And whatnot. :)
I'm hungry like the...well, you get the picture.
Mina C. Lobo

Postby Denise on June 21st, 2011, 12:30 pm

EF, don't be scared. It's an exciting time. Embrace and enjoy it. You are on the brink of your adult life. It has it's rewards.

Myself, I'm in the same boat as Mina. My daughter just had her Sr. Pictures. She's taken her ACT twice, now. No need for the SAT since she's staying in state. But it was just yesterday that we were playing burrito rollup with her in the floor! She was about 9 months old and we were rolling her up in her favorite blanket then rolling her out. She just giggled like crazy. Where did my little burrito go? Those of you on facebook can probably see her few Sr. pictures that have been posted. She is as beautiful inside as out and already following God's plan. We are so proud of her. She has been a blessing to us.
Denise

Previous

Return to General Discussion