Spazzing Out a Bit

Re: Spazzing Out a Bit

Postby Mina C. Lobo on June 14th, 2011, 7:16 pm

MsKitty wrote:lol.. Rockie.. You broke both your arms at the same time?? What a talented lass you are!! xx

ROTFL...poor Rockie! Still, pink and purple casts must've made you the kewlest kid in skewl! ;)
I'm hungry like the...well, you get the picture.
Mina C. Lobo

Postby MysticFan on June 16th, 2011, 12:19 am

rockie wrote:I got yall.. I know how yall feel.. Im the youngest child in my family and I will be 24 in August and I have already graduated from College and trying to start working on my Master's Degree!! Oh man... I know my mom wonders where the time went... She can remember when I broke both of my arms at the same time...( long story)

MysticFan wrote:I know that this probably isn't at all close to being the same thing, but I kinda wonder how on earth the time flies by so fast. My baby boy will be 2 in July and I promise it feels like I just brought him home yesterday. I have been out of scool for 11 years! It's crazy! Time truly does pass by at a much faster pace the older I get. As for the feeling 12... that is a great thing. Jack Benny expresses age best with his words, "Age is strictly a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter." :D I wish your son the best of luck with the SATs.

Man I remember when they brought my nephew home from the hospital.. man it feels like yesterday and he will be 5 in November!!! My little baby is growing up!!! Oh man...

I was almost certain that I posted this yesterday or whenever, but I guess I didn't...lol Anyway, I know how you feel Rockie. My nephew just turned 4 at the end of May and my baby boy turns 2 in July... between those lil boys I am bound to grow old way faster than I should...lol Omgoodness! Having both arms broken at the same time... that had to be rough!! That reminds me of a story that my dear hubby told me about his childhood. He was flying down an embankment behind his house and running throught mud puddles with his bike, even after his mom had told him not to. Well, I guess he had gotten some good speed going and lost control due to all the mud and hit his house head on. He broke his arm and did lots of damage to the nerves there or something of that nature and landed himself in a cast that was all the way to his shoulder. It's not a funny story, but everytime I think of that beast of a cast I can't help but laugh. Eventhough I have had plenty of broken bones I have never had anything in a cast and am sure it has to be tough. I do have to say that I love your choice of cast colors! ;) :D
"Life can't always be cheesecake."-Elvi Black

MysticFan

Postby rockie on June 16th, 2011, 8:57 am

Mina C. Lobo wrote:
MsKitty wrote:lol.. Rockie.. You broke both your arms at the same time?? What a talented lass you are!! xx

ROTFL...poor Rockie! Still, pink and purple casts must've made you the kewlest kid in skewl! ;)

It wasn't so much fun at the time... but now I laugh at it most of the time... I mean I'm a bit klutzy!
It sucked because I couldn't do anything... I was in kindergarten, and couldn't do anything... :(
They also had to re-brake my left arm because it wasn't healing right...
MysticFan wrote:I was almost certain that I posted this yesterday or whenever, but I guess I didn't...lol Anyway, I know how you feel Rockie. My nephew just turned 4 at the end of May and my baby boy turns 2 in July... between those lil boys I am bound to grow old way faster than I should...lol Omgoodness! Having both arms broken at the same time... that had to be rough!! That reminds me of a story that my dear hubby told me about his childhood. He was flying down an embankment behind his house and running throught mud puddles with his bike, even after his mom had told him not to. Well, I guess he had gotten some good speed going and lost control due to all the mud and hit his house head on. He broke his arm and did lots of damage to the nerves there or something of that nature and landed himself in a cast that was all the way to his shoulder. It's not a funny story, but everytime I think of that beast of a cast I can't help but laugh. Eventhough I have had plenty of broken bones I have never had anything in a cast and am sure it has to be tough. I do have to say that I love your choice of cast colors!

Mystic... I have figured out why I despise the color pink!! I had to wear that cast for so long that I can't stand the color pink any more..
I also broke my right growth plate in my ankle when I was in 5th grade, and had a lime green cast that time!!! lol
AEA Sister♥☮☆♪
Sisterhood of the Traveling Fangs♥☮☆♪
Live
.♫
⋰**
⋱♫ ..Laugh
( ``✫•♫
`✫•.¸ )
¸. ✶♫....L♥ve
( ``✫•~
rockie

Postby Mina C. Lobo on June 16th, 2011, 4:18 pm

rockie wrote:They also had to re-brake my left arm because it wasn't healing right...

YIKES!!!!! My stomach churned, reading that! :(
Mina C. Lobo

Postby MysticFan on June 17th, 2011, 12:26 am

rockie wrote:Mystic... I have figured out why I despise the color pink!! I had to wear that cast for so long that I can't stand the color pink any more..
I also broke my right growth plate in my ankle when I was in 5th grade, and had a lime green cast that time!!! lol

LOL! I guess that color woud get to u a bit after wearing it for so long. Sounds like u had a few broken bones, but gotta love that lime green cast! :D

MysticFan

Postby MysticFan on June 17th, 2011, 12:57 am

Mina C. Lobo wrote:^It's not so dissimilar, although I have to say, I don't feel like time's flown by, exactly...I'm just amazed at *how much* time has passed, yet I'm still a complete goofball. :D

Mind you, I had a nasty shock today. The lighting in my apartment's not the best, and I'm cheap (unless it comes to books and music) so no extra lamps. The lights are work are ridiculously bright and, in a bathroom mirror I saw, like a *bunch* of white hairs in my crowning glory! Gah! GAH! Now, I've plucked the ocassional white hair, and have noticed that some of the hair in my eyebrows is coming in a tawny color, rather than the dark brown they were (TMI? Please forgive.) but DANG - today's realization hit me in the solar plexus. Hard. Made me get all morose and contemplative of my mortality, and whatnot.

But seriously, MysticFan; thanks for your good wishes for my man-child. And enjoy your baby - even after all these years (and a bad, bad memory), wonderful moments are etched in my mind, of all the "new" things he did, all the marvelous ways in which he and I enjoyed one another's company, even the heartbreaking moments (like, shortly after he turned 13 he told me he didn't need me to read him bedtime stories anymore. Sob!). I hope you (and all moms here) have a blasty-blast with your kinder!

Mina, there is definitely nothing wrong with being a goofball. I myself love to joke around and laugh… a lot! Life is too serious as it is to go through each day being serious all the time. I also have to say there is nothing wrong with being cheap either…lol At least you have your priorities straight in what deserves a bit of expense and what doesn’t… books are definitely worth every penny! As for the white hairs (not TMI) appearing in the mirror chalk it up as a mirror defect or some reflection from all the bright lights… it’s nothing a good ole box of dye wont take care of and no one would be the wiser…lol
All jokes aside though, I do know what you mean and life is scary and can be down right depressing if I dwelt on too much. I try to enjoy my baby boy as much as I can and I find myself saying, “Ohhh, I want to remember this forever” & “I never want to forget how he did that.” Because I know one day, he will be much older and all those cute little things will be just a memory to me… so heartbreaking! And when he’s 13 and tries to tell me he don’t need me to read to him he will quickly learn that I don’t do it for him, I do it for me so he can just lay there and listen…LOL :D

MysticFan

Postby Lynsay on June 17th, 2011, 11:44 am

Groan. Do not talk about flying time and growing older. Time seems to soar past faster with every passing moment. UGH!

Lynsay
Lynsay
Lynsay
Site Admin

Postby Mina C. Lobo on June 17th, 2011, 5:27 pm

@Mystic - one thing mothers of boys may want to keep in mind is how their voices drop after puberty strikes. Our answering machine message recorded us both *before* that fateful year - every time it plays I get all smiley at how cute he sounded (versus how he sounds now, at 16, which is something approaching a truck driver who's been chain-smoking for approximately 20 years).

@Lynsay - time flies for others but it totally stands still for babes like us, here. All that stuff I mentioned before must've just been a bad dream. ;)
Mina C. Lobo

Postby TomEC on June 17th, 2011, 5:33 pm

All the world fears time. I hear you all on that one. I never thought I'd get this old this fast. :( In two and a half years I'll be fifty. I thought it would take a thousand years to get that old. I guess I'm a bit math-challenged. And since I too am a total goofball, at least it's that many fewer years that I can go on embarrassing my wife. ;)

This is post number 400 for me. That means if I do twice as many there'll be 800. See, I can sort of do math.
“The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved, loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” -Victor Hugo
TomEC

Postby rockie on June 18th, 2011, 12:18 pm

Mina C. Lobo wrote:
rockie wrote:They also had to re-brake my left arm because it wasn't healing right...

YIKES!!!!! My stomach churned, reading that! :(

Sorry Mina! Didn't mean to make your stomach churn
AEA Sister♥☮☆♪
Sisterhood of the Traveling Fangs♥☮☆♪
Live
.♫
⋰**
⋱♫ ..Laugh
( ``✫•♫
`✫•.¸ )
¸. ✶♫....L♥ve
( ``✫•~