Well, what do you know....

Re: Well, what do you know....

Postby susan60625 on July 8th, 2011, 8:03 pm

I hate it when they make you wait over a weekend! Talk about raising your blood pressure!!!!! :(
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby grlnxtdr29 on July 12th, 2011, 2:33 pm

I finally got my results. Negative for Gall stones, so that is good news. The bad news is they still don't know what is causing the pain, so they are going to schedule another test, but ow they don't think I need surgery
grlnxtdr29

Postby MysticFan on July 12th, 2011, 2:55 pm

That is really good news about the Gall stones being negative. Hoping that something can be done to find out what is wrong and help eliminate the pain. Keep us updated on how the test go and if surgery will be needed. Best of luck, Hun! :)
"Life can't always be cheesecake."-Elvi Black

MysticFan

Postby susan60625 on July 12th, 2011, 6:21 pm

Fantastic news about not needing surgery! Keep us informed on what the doctor does find however.
susan60625

Postby MysticFan on July 13th, 2011, 4:42 am

grlnxtdr29 wrote:I finally got my results. Negative for Gall stones, so that is good news. The bad news is they still don't know what is causing the pain, so they are going to schedule another test, but ow they don't think I need surgery

So sorry GND, for some reason I read this as if you were unsure about surgery...lol That is what I get for trying to read when I'm half asleep...lol No surgery...that is great news! :D
"Life can't always be cheesecake."-Elvi Black

MysticFan

Postby terri on July 13th, 2011, 9:31 am

Good to hear GND. Hope they figure out the issue soon.

GND, have they ever done an allergy test on you? Some allergies can cause incredible pain.
Side note: Reason I say this is because I have an allergy to bananas and whenever I would eat one I would get a sharp pain ( though I have never had personal experience with this, the closest thing I could describe it would be was if someone was stabbing me). I stopped eating them and never had a problem again.

Terri
terri
Site Admin

Postby susan60625 on July 13th, 2011, 12:33 pm

Terri, that is an awful allergy! I love bananas and can't imagine not being able to eat them!
susan60625

Postby grlnxtdr29 on July 13th, 2011, 1:02 pm

The pain I have basically feels like someone just Shoving their fist up against the underside of my ribs on the right side. Not punching, just shoving and pushing. I'm not sure what the test they are going to do is called, but basically they are going to see if maybe I have a blocked bile duct. Sounds gross, but apparently very easily treated if that is the problem. As for allergies, I know I am allergic to walnuts and uncooked shell fish (No raw oysters for me). Both of those allergies have always been very mild, usually causing mild difficulty breathing, and occasionaly a mild rash if I get too much of either one. It's Pretty much feels like I have been running too hard nd need to stop and catch my breath.
grlnxtdr29

Postby terri on July 13th, 2011, 8:59 pm

GND, agh.. You poor thing. I hope whatever it is it's easily fixed. I know how frustrating having mystery pain can be especially if you don't know what the heck it is.

My fingers are crossed for you!

Terri
terri
Site Admin

Previous

Return to General Discussion