Was Wondering...

Was Wondering...

Postby grlnxtdr29 on July 21st, 2011, 11:57 am

...if any Harry potter fans on here could loan me books 2, 3, 4, 5, and 7. I my books are packed away in storage and it would take me forever to find them. Took me a year to find books 1 and 6. I would greatly appreciate it, and would return them ASAP.
grlnxtdr29

Re: Was Wondering...

Postby grlnxtdr29 on August 5th, 2011, 4:27 pm

YAY! I don't need to borrow these books now after all. Thanks to the Borders Close out, I was able to order the 7 book paper back setfor less than 1/2 price, plus a 15% discount and free shipping! They should arrive tomorrow or Monday!
grlnxtdr29

Postby MysticFan on August 6th, 2011, 7:10 am

GND, that is soooo great! Happy reading! Image
"Life can't always be cheesecake."-Elvi Black

MysticFan

Postby susan60625 on August 6th, 2011, 10:09 am

I guess that's the plus side of Borders closing its doors!
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby TomEC on August 6th, 2011, 11:47 am

I've never seen a Borders. I don't think we ever had them up here. I guess they never will now. It's all a symptom of what the Internet is doing to brick-and-mortar stores (that and the rise of Walmart). I think booksellers have been particularly hard hit (By the Internet, at least). You have to be real big to compete with Amazon online.

Oh well, as Susan said, finding a bargain is the plus side. It's also a plus for those of us who live out in the boonies and could never get to a bookstore very often anyway. Now our favorite books are just one click and a short wait away. Faster than that if you have an e-book reader.

Enjoy your books GND! :D
“The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved, loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” -Victor Hugo
TomEC

Postby MysticFan on August 7th, 2011, 1:33 am

Finding a bargain is a definite plus, but I really hate to see Borders go. I do live in the boonies and the closest Borders was almost 2 hours from me, but it was such a treat when I did get a chance to visit. A few days ago, I heard that the empty space is going to become a “Books-a-Million”, so I am excited to get to check that out. The Internet and my Nook are how I usually get my books, but I do LOVE strolling through a nice bookstore, browsing the row on top of row of books, melts away my stress (as does reading & cooking…lol), I just wish there was one closer to where I live.

MysticFan

Postby TomEC on August 7th, 2011, 8:24 am

MysticFan wrote: do LOVE strolling through a nice bookstore, browsing the row on top of row of books, melts away my stress (as does reading & cooking…lol), I just wish there was one closer to where I live.

Couldn't have said it better myself! Even the cooking part! :lol:
“The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved, loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” -Victor Hugo
TomEC

Postby MysticFan on August 7th, 2011, 6:37 pm

TomEC wrote:
MysticFan wrote: do LOVE strolling through a nice bookstore, browsing the row on top of row of books, melts away my stress (as does reading & cooking…lol), I just wish there was one closer to where I live.

Couldn't have said it better myself! Even the cooking part! :lol:

Image Reading and cooking are both a huge stress release for me... nothing like a good book or a yummy dish to help me relax. Speaking of yummy dish, I have a new recipe to post...lol

MysticFan

Return to General Discussion