Hot enough for you?

Hot enough for you?

Postby Denise on August 1st, 2011, 1:01 pm

Oh, my word! I just looked at my outdoor thermometer and it says 113! E-gad! The forecast said this was probably going to be a record breaking high today. My kids are headed outside to try and fry an egg on the concrete. They are also going to take some kernels of popcorn outside and see how long it takes to pop them with a magnifying glass.
Denise

Re: Hot enough for you?

Postby susan60625 on August 1st, 2011, 3:16 pm

They tried that here on the news last week when it was so hot here. They even baked cookies by putting the cookie sheet with the dough on the dashboard of a car and closed it up. Let us know if they get it to work. It's only 90 here today. At least where I'm at about 2 miles from the lake. Our official temperature is taken at the airport, however, and that's much further away. It's almost always hotter there.
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby rockie on August 1st, 2011, 6:06 pm

Its been in the 100's round here.. It has been super hot.. its even worse when you are out in it.... man What I do to go to a concert!!
AEA Sister♥☮☆♪
Sisterhood of the Traveling Fangs♥☮☆♪
Live
.♫
⋰**
⋱♫ ..Laugh
( ``✫•♫
`✫•.¸ )
¸. ✶♫....L♥ve
( ``✫•~
rockie

Postby TomEC on August 1st, 2011, 10:33 pm

It's not so hot up here. But that doesn't mean it pleasant to got outside. Because we've had so much rain,this has been the worst year for mosquitoes in living memory. I'd put on repellent more but my beloved hates the stuff, so I try to use it as little as possible. They hardly touch her. It ain't fair. I guess I'm just the bigger target.
“The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved, loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” -Victor Hugo
TomEC

Postby susan60625 on August 2nd, 2011, 1:56 pm

Thomas are sure that Theresa's not an immortal? Afterall bugs don't bother immortals! :lol:
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby TomEC on August 2nd, 2011, 4:06 pm

Well, I think she is very likely to outlive me, in any case. She has good genes. Both her grandmothers are still alive at a very ripe old age; the sort of age that big lugs like me seldom reach.
“The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved, loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” -Victor Hugo
TomEC

Postby Denise on August 23rd, 2011, 3:08 am

Well, the egg didn't fry and the popcorn didn't pop. And now we've finally had a couple of days under 100. Woo-hoo!

Tom, the mosquitos haven't been as bad here as normal because it's been so hot and dry. Just now getting some rain relief.
Denise

Return to General Discussion