Cook's Cauldron ~ Discuss Favourite Foods & Share Recipes

Re: Cook's Cauldron ~ Discuss Favourite Foods & Share Recipe

Postby susan60625 on March 1st, 2011, 11:20 pm

I made a new recipe tonight for dinner. It turned out Yummy! Wren suggested I post it here, so here goes:

Pork Chops Paprikash

1 Tbsp. olive oil
4 boneless pork chops, 3/4-inch thick (about 1 pound)
2 large onions, thinly sliced (about 2 cups)
1 tsp. paprika
1 can (10 3/4 ozs.) condensed tomato soup
1/4 C. water
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1/4 cup sour cream
Hot cooked egg noodles

1. Heat the oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the pork chops and cook until well browned on both sides. Remove the chops from the skillet.

2. Reduce the head to medium. Stir the onions and paprika in the skillet and cook until the onions are tender, stirring occasionally.

3. Stir the soup, water, black pepper and sour cream in the skillet and heat to a boil. Return the pork to the skillet. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and simmer until the chops are cooked through. Serve the chops and sauce with the noodles.
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby MysticFan on March 2nd, 2011, 12:23 am

susan60625 wrote:I made a new recipe tonight for dinner. It turned out Yummy! Wren suggested I post it here, so here goes:

Pork Chops Paprikash

1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp. paprika
1/4 C. water
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1/4 cup sour cream
Hot cooked egg noodles

1. Heat the oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the pork chops and cook until well browned on both sides. Remove the chops from the skillet.

2. Reduce the head to medium. Stir the onions and paprika in the skillet and cook until the onions are tender, stirring occasionally.

3. Stir the soup, water, black pepper and sour cream in the skillet and heat to a boil. Return the pork to the skillet. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and simmer until the chops are cooked through. Serve the chops and sauce with the noodles.

Thanks for sharing, Sue! Sounds yummy... I will have to try this. :)
"Life can't always be cheesecake."-Elvi Black

MysticFan

Postby terri on March 2nd, 2011, 3:45 pm

Thanks Susan... pork chops paprikash sounds good.

I just saw this one for cinnamon roll pancakes... I am totally making it this weekend except likely with whole grain pancakes instead. We'll see.

CINNAMON ROLL PANCAKES
www.RecipeGirl.com
PANCAKES:
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
1 Tablespoon canola oil
1 large egg, lightly beaten
CINNAMON FILLING:
1/2 cup butter, melted
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
CREAM CHEESE GLAZE:
4 Tablespoons butter
2 ounces cream cheese
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Prepare pancake batter: In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Whisk in milk, oil and egg, just until batter is moistened (a few small lumps are fine).
2. In a medium bowl, mix butter, brown sugar and cinnamon. Scoop the filling into a small zip baggie and set aside.
3. In a medium, microwave-safe bowl- heat butter and cream cheese until melted. Whisk together until smooth; whisk in powdered sugar and vanilla extract.
4. Heat large skillet over medium-low heat. Spray with nonstick spray. Scoop about 3/4 cup batter onto the skillet. Snip the corner of your baggie of filling and squeeze a spiral of the filling onto the top of the pancake. When bubbles begin to appear on the surface, flip carefully with a thin spatula, and cook until browned on the underside, 1 to 2 minutes more. Transfer to a baking sheet or platter and keep in a warm oven until ready to serve.
5. When ready to serve, spoon warmed glaze onto the top of each pancake.
Yield: 4 cinnamon roll pancakes
A few helpful tips:
*Keep the heat low or your pancakes might cook up too quickly. Don’t flip them until you see those bubbles starting to pop on top. Flip them with a wide spatula so you can grasp the whole thing without batter and filling dripping all over the place!
*If your baggie of filling begins to get too thick, just pop it in the microwave for a few seconds to soften it up again. Same with your glaze.

:-)
Terri
terri
Site Admin

Postby susan60625 on March 2nd, 2011, 5:00 pm

susan60625 wrote:I made a new recipe tonight for dinner. It turned out Yummy! Wren suggested I post it here, so here goes:

Pork Chops Paprikash

1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp. paprika
1/4 C. water
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1/4 cup sour cream
Hot cooked egg noodles

FYI - It tasted even better the next day when I reheated the leftovers! MMMMMMMmmmmmm!
susan60625

Postby MysticFan on March 2nd, 2011, 5:09 pm

I have to say that the Cinnamon Roll Pancakes sounds so yummy!!! I will definitely have to try that also...lol Thanks for sharing, Terri. I love to cook so this thread comes in very useful for me. :D
"Life can't always be cheesecake."-Elvi Black

MysticFan

Postby terri on March 3rd, 2011, 11:09 am

Hi MysticFan,

Let me know how they turn out for you. :-)

T
terri
Site Admin

Postby Jodi on March 3rd, 2011, 11:50 pm

I'll have to try those pancakes too, Thanks for sharing Terri they sound really good and I think my kids will like them. We like to try adding new/different things to pancakes-so far I think my kids like carrot pancakes and apple/cinnamon pancakes the most, my least favorite is adding bananas yuck!
Jodi

Postby susan60625 on March 3rd, 2011, 11:58 pm

Now, Wren, maybe you're doing it wrong with the bananas. I don't put them in the batter, but put sliced bananas on top of the pancakes with walnut pieces and then pour on the maple syrup. Yummmm!
susan60625

Postby jill on March 6th, 2011, 8:11 am

Pork Chops Paprikash

1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp. paprika
1/4 C. water
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1/4 cup sour cream
Hot cooked egg noodles

Can you do it without the onions?
“I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.” Oscar Wilde
jill

Postby susan60625 on March 6th, 2011, 9:56 am

jill wrote:

Pork Chops Paprikash

1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp. paprika
1/4 C. water
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1/4 cup sour cream
Hot cooked egg noodles

Can you do it without the onions?

Jill, I've only made it once. Next time I make it, I AM going to reduce the amount of onions and I'm going to add mushrooms. I don't know how it would be without the onions, but you could try it! I always feel that a recipe is a guideline that you can play around with until you get it to just the way you like it!
susan60625

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion