Cook's Cauldron ~ Discuss Favourite Foods & Share Recipes


Re: Cook's Cauldron ~ Discuss Favourite Foods & Share Recipe

Postby MysticFan on June 8th, 2011, 1:29 am

I don't know about everyone else but a recipie that is quick, easy, and also yummy is very convenient for me & my family. I ran across one that is very simple and it was pretty tasty as well. I thought I would share it with you all. :D

Tex-Mex Cheddar Mac

What you need...

1 pkg. (7-1/4 oz.) KRAFT Macaroni & Cheese Dinner
1 lb. extra lean ground beef
1 pkg. taco seasoning (pkg. or envelope... not sure what the right term would be...lol)
1 cup water
1 cup TACO BELL® HOME ORIGINALS® Thick 'N Chunky Salsa (or any salsa you like. I prefer the Great Value brand from Wal-Mart. I am very picky about my salsa & spaghetti sauces... they have to be TART! Not sweet at all!)
1 cup KRAFT 2% Milk Shredded Cheddar Cheese

Make it...


PREPARE Dinner in large saucepan as directed on package.
MEANWHILE, brown meat in skillet on medium heat then drain. Return to stove and add 1 cup of water and the taco seasoning. Cook/simmer until water is gone and then stir in salsa; simmer 5 min (or until however creamy you want the mixture)., stirring occasionally.
ADD meat mixture to Dinner; mix lightly. Top with shredded cheese.

I also serve with Nacho Cheese Doritos. :D

Mix & match... add items you like to make it your own.
I hope you enjoy!
"Life can't always be cheesecake."-Elvi Black


Image
User avatar
MysticFan
 
Posts: 1385
Joined: January 14th, 2010, 12:15 pm
Location: WV


Re: Cook's Cauldron ~ Discuss Favourite Foods & Share Recipe

Postby MysticFan on August 7th, 2011, 7:46 pm

Tangy Ranch Chicken

What you need…

2/3 cup Ranch dressing
1/3 cup yellow mustard
¼-cup brown sugar
4 medium boneless chicken breasts

Make it…

ImageMIX dressing, mustard and sugar. Pour 2/3 cup sauce over chicken.
MARINATE chicken in refrigerator for 30 minutes
GRILL or BROIL chicken 10- 15 minutes, or until done.
*BAKE chicken at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 25 minutes, or until chicken is done.
Makes 4 servings


**This is what the recipe calls for, but the way I did it was a little different.**
I doubled the ingredients and used a bag of Tyson boneless skinless chicken breasts tenderloins. I made the mixture in a big bowl and just added the chicken; I didn’t save any mixture for dipping. I marinated for about an hour, and then placed the chicken in a 13” x 9” baking dish (I had to use two). Uncovered, I baked it for about 40 minutes… I like to make sure my chicken is well done…lol

This turned out really good, so I wanted to share it with everyone. Image
"Life can't always be cheesecake."-Elvi Black


Image
User avatar
MysticFan
 
Posts: 1385
Joined: January 14th, 2010, 12:15 pm
Location: WV


Re: Cook's Cauldron ~ Discuss Favourite Foods & Share Recipe

Postby TomEC on August 8th, 2011, 12:53 am

Nice. I always love a good chicken recipe.

I'll have to contribute to this thread.
“The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved, loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” -Victor Hugo
User avatar
TomEC
 
Posts: 1543
Joined: December 2nd, 2010, 12:34 pm
Location: Outlook, Saskatchewan, Canada


Re: Cook's Cauldron ~ Discuss Favourite Foods & Share Recipe

Postby MysticFan on August 8th, 2011, 2:55 am

TomEC wrote:Nice. I always love a good chicken recipe.

I'll have to contribute to this thread.


Chicken is usually my go to ingredient if I'm in a hurry and am trying to make dinner. :D Contribute away, Tom! Lookin' forward to see what you share with us.
"Life can't always be cheesecake."-Elvi Black


Image
User avatar
MysticFan
 
Posts: 1385
Joined: January 14th, 2010, 12:15 pm
Location: WV


Re: Cook's Cauldron ~ Discuss Favourite Foods & Share Recipe

Postby susan60625 on August 8th, 2011, 10:37 am

Yes, Thomas, please contribute! As a frequent contributor, I always love a new recipe. When I find a new one, the first time I make it, I follow the recipe precisely. After that, I play around, adding things, changing things until I've got it precisely the way I like it! I love to cook!
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
User avatar
susan60625
 
Posts: 5702
Joined: April 8th, 2009, 10:33 pm
Location: Chicago, Illinois


Re: Cook's Cauldron ~ Discuss Favourite Foods & Share Recipe

Postby TomEC on August 8th, 2011, 7:51 pm

APRICOT CHICKEN

Chicken parts, skin removed....................................... 3 Ibs. ( 1.36kg)
Russian salad dressing................................................1/2 cup (125mL)
Apricot jam....................................................................1/2 cup (125mL)
Envelope dry onion soup mix (stir before dividing).......1/2 x 1 1/2 oz. (1/2 x 42 g)
Curry powder................................................................. 1 tsp. (5 mL)

Arrange chicken pieces in small roaster.
Combine-next 4 ingredients in bowl. Stir well. Pour over chicken, being sure some is between layers. Cover. Bake in 350°F (175°C) oven for one and a quarter to one and a half hours until tender.

Image

This is my favorite chicken recipe. I enjoy making it and eating it. It's always a treat. :D The sauce it produces is terrific on rice. We don't always skin the chicken parts, though.
This recipe came straight out of the cookbook Chicken, Etc. from the Company’s Coming series by Jean Paré, which is very popular in these parts. Theresa has a large collection of them and many of our friends do too. They're popular across Western Canada though I'm not sure the rest of you ever heard of them.
“The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved, loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” -Victor Hugo
User avatar
TomEC
 
Posts: 1543
Joined: December 2nd, 2010, 12:34 pm
Location: Outlook, Saskatchewan, Canada


Re: Cook's Cauldron ~ Discuss Favourite Foods & Share Recipe

Postby MysticFan on August 10th, 2011, 3:55 am

TomEC wrote:This is my favorite chicken recipe. I enjoy making it and eating it. It's always a treat. :D The sauce it produces is terrific on rice. We don't always skin the chicken parts, though.
This recipe came straight out of the cookbook Chicken, Etc. from the Company’s Coming series by Jean Paré, which is very popular in these parts. Theresa has a large collection of them and many of our friends do too. They're popular across Western Canada though I'm not sure the rest of you ever heard of them.


I don't think I have ever heard of the cookbook series or the author, I will have to check them out. I love cookbooks! My hubby laughs at me because I can look at a cookbook the way someone would look at a magazine, I just love to cook! Thanks for sharing the recipe, Tom, I am adding it to my TBC (To Be Cooked) list. LoL! :D
"Life can't always be cheesecake."-Elvi Black


Image
User avatar
MysticFan
 
Posts: 1385
Joined: January 14th, 2010, 12:15 pm
Location: WV


Re: Cook's Cauldron ~ Discuss Favourite Foods & Share Recipe

Postby wren on August 10th, 2011, 10:49 pm

TomEC wrote:APRICOT CHICKEN

Chicken parts, skin removed....................................... 3 Ibs. ( 1.36kg)
Russian salad dressing................................................1/2 cup (125mL)
Apricot jam....................................................................1/2 cup (125mL)
Envelope dry onion soup mix (stir before dividing).......1/2 x 1 1/2 oz. (1/2 x 42 g)
Curry powder................................................................. 1 tsp. (5 mL)

Arrange chicken pieces in small roaster.
Combine-next 4 ingredients in bowl. Stir well. Pour over chicken, being sure some is between layers. Cover. Bake in 350°F (175°C) oven for one and a quarter to one and a half hours until tender.

Image

This is my favorite chicken recipe. I enjoy making it and eating it. It's always a treat. :D The sauce it produces is terrific on rice. We don't always skin the chicken parts, though.
This recipe came straight out of the cookbook Chicken, Etc. from the Company’s Coming series by Jean Paré, which is very popular in these parts. Theresa has a large collection of them and many of our friends do too. They're popular across Western Canada though I'm not sure the rest of you ever heard of them.


I appreciate that you posted the recipe in both measurements, so that everyone can just "look & cook!" :lol: I admit I missed out on my metrics in school, and I find it difficult to convert recipes when needed. I need to do a search for a good conversion chart or tool! The recipe also looks simple enough that I can actually cook it. I enjoy looking at cookbooks, but many have recipes that are beyond my cooking talents! Can't wait to try this dish, though...the sauce sounds wonderful! :D


Mystic, I just saw the Tangy Ranch Chicken...now I've got two new recipes to try! Thanks! :D
Image
User avatar
wren
 
Posts: 4293
Joined: May 7th, 2008, 4:55 am
Location: Mississippi USA


Re: Cook's Cauldron ~ Discuss Favourite Foods & Share Recipe

Postby Jodi on August 19th, 2011, 11:00 pm

Tom your apricot chicken sounds really good, I'll have to give it a try.
I too have some of the Company's Coming cook books I don't do alot of cooking with them but I have found some good recipes in them.

Where in Saskatchewan are you from? My husband is from Melford Saskatchewan and besides there the only other place I've been too there is Saskatoon are you close to either?. We currently live in Yellowknife, NWT
Jodi
 
Posts: 336
Joined: May 6th, 2008, 6:26 pm
Location: Yellowknife, Canada


Re: Cook's Cauldron ~ Discuss Favourite Foods & Share Recipe

Postby TomEC on August 19th, 2011, 11:56 pm

Jodi wrote:Where in Saskatchewan are you from? My husband is from Melford Saskatchewan and besides there the only other place I've been too there is Saskatoon are you close to either?. We currently live in Yellowknife, NWT


I'm from Outlook, which is just an hour south of Saskatoon on the South Saskatchewan River. Our claim to fame is Skytrail (the old train bridge) which is Canada's longest walking bridge (about one kilometer or two thirds of a mile). It's called Skytrail because it's 150 feet above the river. Great view.

I've never been up to Yellowknife, though I hear it's beautiful up there. :D How long are the days at midsummer?
“The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved, loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” -Victor Hugo
User avatar
TomEC
 
Posts: 1543
Joined: December 2nd, 2010, 12:34 pm
Location: Outlook, Saskatchewan, Canada

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron