What Lynsay book would you most love signed copy of?

What Lynsay book would you most love signed copy of?

Postby lindithium on August 9th, 2011, 10:03 am

I personally would love a signed copy of Love Bites, since it was the first book of Ms Sands that I read.
No pessimist ever discovered the secret of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land, or opened a new heaven to the human spirit-Hellen Keller
lindithium

Re: What Lynsay book would you most love signed copy of?

Postby wren on August 9th, 2011, 12:26 pm

Of the Argeneau series, I would love my original copy of A Bite To Remember signed...though it is well-loved and the cover has fallen off from being read so many times! :D
wren

Postby TomEC on August 9th, 2011, 2:21 pm

I guess that would come down to which is your favorite Argeneau book. Mine is still "The Accidental Vampire."
“The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved, loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” -Victor Hugo
TomEC

Postby sin on August 9th, 2011, 5:12 pm

Personally....any book would be fine by me :) but I am partial to sigh Lucian.

~~~~~~Immortals or Bust~~~~~~
sin

Postby dawnfire on August 10th, 2011, 12:50 am

Any book for me.
dawnfire

Postby wren on August 11th, 2011, 1:08 am

I agree with lindithium and Thomas & sin...most likely, you will choose based on the sentimental favorite of the first Lynsay book you read or your favorite book in the series. Like sin, any would make me happy...I have The Rogue Hunter ARC signed by Lynsay to 'Renee' when I won it in a newsletter contest. This happened before we had many forum-only contests, and Denise & I each won...the first time two active forum members had won the newsletter contest when Lynsay pulled two names out of the hat together. Because of the unique situation of two forum 'Immortals' winning, she signed two ARCs to give away rather than draw again! That is very special & a really big deal, because authors only get a few ARCs, and some must go to professional reviewers, and an author needs to keep one for their own review and permanent collection. (Denise & I read it and emailed each other to discuss, as we couldn't post on the forum before publication of the final book...it was soooo hard not to discuss it with our friends and give away spoilers! :lol: ) I also have a signed copy of The Rogue Hunter given to me as a Christmas gift from the folks at my local little bookstore, Bookland, which is owned by the Books-A-Million chain. Sometimes authors do special signings that are only open for employees of book chains, and because I had "introduced" the good employees at my bookstore to Lynsay Sands, the manager had brought back a signed copy from Lynsay of the newly released TRH for them to give to me. I have the two books side-by-side in a box with a pink glass top. I'll take a picture to post it! :D

I also have a signed copy from Lynsay to 'wren' of The Chase, the hysterical historical featuring Seonaid & Blake from The Key and The Deed, respectively. It is very special to me because Lynsay calls me wren, and because the book is the original Dorchester cover. Whenever I finally get to see Lynsay at a writers conference, I need to have a copy of the new Avon reissue...such pretty covers they're putting on the previously released historical books, so she can sign the matching book.

Let's see...she won't have time to sign every book she has written, or even the entire Argeneau series, so...I'll still plan to take all of them with me 8-) but will take these with me to the signing:

Single White Vampire ~ the original Dorchester cartoon cover & first Argeneau that I read, so the sentimental fave.

A Bite To Remember ~ My all-time favorite Argeneau book & characters...Vincent being #1...the first four books set up the family foundation and Immortal world for us, then Vincent's book set up the rest of the series...besides, who doesn't want to spend time with a strong when needed but sweet & vulnerable guy who met Shakespeare when he was 10yo and is willing to kiss you senseless to make your teeth come on? *grin* I wish I could say I was more like Jackie!

The Chase ~ the reissue, so I can have a matching signed set! :)

Wish List ~ An anthology where I first discovered Lynsay Sands through the story "All I Want" I love the regency era, and she participated in this anthology with Lisa Kleypas, Lisa Cach, and Claudia Dain. I read a lot of Lisa Kleypas' books, and checked this one out at the library. I didn't know at that time the influence a certain author was going to be in my life. *big grin* I now own this book, courtesy of KimberlyK finding it for me, so it must go with me to visit Lynsay!

I'll buy the newest release at the conference & have it signed! After all, the signings are for the literacy campaign, a very good cause!

The Reluctant Reformer
~ I found another book at the library by Lynsay called The Reluctant Reformer, another regency which I liked so well that I was inspired to send her an email to find out if the lead character's friend was going to have his own story. I had already found Single White Vampire and Tall, Dark, & Hungry in the bookstore by then, and knew they were the funniest paranormal romances ever. I was so surprised when the author herself answered my email! I had already registered & sent for the password to what we now call the "old forum" and I had just read TD&H and Bite Me If You Can, and declared them my favorite Argeneau books. (Bastien still ranks up there with Vincent, whose book I had not yet read, & I still love the toasty marshmallow we all know Lucian to be...but I have my reasons why the "grumpy old vamp" is not my main man! Okay...I'm going to spill it...my paternal grandfather had ice blonde hair and the bluest eyes ever, and a wicked sense of humor...and with Lucian being the patriarch of the family, no matter how "young" he looks in years, with both his wisdom & that twinkle that appears in his eyes, he still becomes "grandfatherly" to me! LOL I read the first five books out-of-order, as the bookstores didn't have AQB, LB, or ABTR...but it wouldn't take me long to have them order them all! It's best to read the series in order if you can, but after Lucian's book, it becomes more crucial! 8-) ) Keep in mind that the three books back-to-back publishing Avon would do of TAV, VAF, & VI was in the works, so they weren't in the mix at all when I emailed Lynsay that first time. As I told her, like everyone else, my sister Seashell & I were anticipating Thomas' story just like everyone else, while Gypsy had not yet been introduced to the books!

Before Tiny McGraw or Christian Notte were introduced, it is fairly safe to say that it was Thomas Argeneau that everyone most wanted to tell his story. Most of us believe Vampires Are Forever was actually number one on the New York Times bestseller list. It ranked at number three, but there was a big mix-up in shipping VAF, so most stores released it early...the week before the official release day & the count began! Both Tiny & Christian caught the eye of Lynsay's readers in ABTR, but it was the publication of VAF & VI that would have people fall in love with him and begin the begging, bribing, and clamoring for Lynsay to write his story! However, Marguerite & Julius needed time together and with their son before he would "talk." As for our Justin Bricker fans, he was introduced in Lucian's book, but would become more established in what the publisher dubbed the "rogue hunter" books, and then his popularity soared! :D

At the time Lynsay replied, Lord Robert Mullin of The Reluctant Reformer lived in historical oblivion at Dorchester, as when Lynsay moved to Avon, her agent was able to arrange (with a lot of hard work) to take the Argeneau series & characters with her, but not her historical books and characters, so she couldn't write about the characters of her books still with her former publisher. However, Avon purchased all of Lynsay's historical and Argeneau books from Dorchester recently, so now I can hope that eventually Lord Robert may speak above a whisper and add his story to the mix...after a couple of the other historical books her readers, including me, are loudly begging her to write! ;)

If I didn't already have it signed, TRH would definitely be on the list...and I really liked Harper, Drina, and The Reluctant Vampire...who would have thought that the oh-so-nice then oh-so-sad Harper had it in him? Hubba-Hubba Hot Harper! He's Yummy Delicious! Image Image Hey, sin, I claim him for YYI no matter when he was born...I have to go look it up again, but it wasn't BC! :P

Oh, I might as well say it...I want Lynsay Sands to write books forever...Argeneau & Historical...and I want them all signed! :D
wren

Postby lindithium on August 11th, 2011, 10:54 am

Awesome Wren I wholeheartedly agree to having an entire set of all Lynsays works signed. I think for her hardcore fans that would be their Holy Grail!
No pessimist ever discovered the secret of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land, or opened a new heaven to the human spirit-Hellen Keller
lindithium

Postby susan60625 on August 11th, 2011, 11:20 am

I have been lucky enough to have received a few signed books from Lynsay, as well. The first one I received was an ARC of REN. Like wren, I won it in a forum contest. Copper won one at the same time I did. We, also, had to communicate over email to gush over the story and couldn't tell anyone else! I had the hardest time keeping the scene near the end where Jo was telling off Lucian to myself. While reading it, I laughed so hard, it triggered an asthma attack!

I, also, won a contest on Bitten by Books and won a signed set of the first three books, with their new Avon covers, after they were re-released. Unfortunately, that copy of TDH was damaged in my recent infestation of bookworms. The autograph wasn't harmed but there is a good burr hole through about twenty pages in the middle of the book. Dang bugs!

The last book I have that is autographed is my copy of What She Wants, which I received with my autographed Love Bites tote bag.

Of course, the next book I want to have signed will be my hardcover copy of Under the Vampire Moon. I'll have to figure out a way to get that taken care of!
"It's staked and baked, Jo. We're not pork chops." T. Argeneau :D
"Ohhhh, glow in the dark. Good choice." D. Notte
:D
AEA Sister-Member of: SASSy Argeneauts & YYI Club
susan60625

Postby rockie on August 16th, 2011, 8:00 pm

Well lets see if I didn't have any signed by Lynsay then I would want Love Bites signed...
I actually have signed copies of Love Bites, The Reluctant Vampire and Born to Bite! Trust me If I thought I could have held them all.. I would have brought all of them to be signed in NYC when I met Lynsay!! :D lol
AEA Sister♥☮☆♪
Sisterhood of the Traveling Fangs♥☮☆♪
Live
.♫
⋰**
⋱♫ ..Laugh
( ``✫•♫
`✫•.¸ )
¸. ✶♫....L♥ve
( ``✫•~
rockie

Postby Jodi on August 19th, 2011, 10:51 pm

any would be nice really I'm not picky! :D
Jodi

Next

Return to General Discussion