Don't you just hate it...

Don't you just hate it...

Postby grlnxtdr29 on September 7th, 2011, 8:10 pm

When you have a song in your head, but can't remember the artist? I'm pretty sure the name of the song is Dream Dream Dream, and the part that keeps going thru my head is "Only Problem is, Gee whiz, I'm dreamin my life away". I thought the artist was Ricky nelson, but I can't find it on iTunes. Also can't find another song, also I think by Ricky Nelson, but perhaps not, is Listen to the Rythym of the Fallin Rain. Any know if Ricky Nelson is the correct artist?
grlnxtdr29

Re: Don't you just hate it...

Postby TomEC on September 8th, 2011, 3:46 am

I believe the first song your looking for is "All I Have to Do Is Dream" by the Everly Brothers.
The second one appears to be "Rhythm of the Rain" by the Cascades. I believe if you look up those artists on iTunes, you'll find the songs you're looking for. I guess you must be a fan of 1950s rock and roll! :)
“The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved, loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” -Victor Hugo
TomEC

Postby grlnxtdr29 on September 8th, 2011, 7:58 am

Thanks, Tom! I guess my thinking is still a bit fuzzy from the Migrain, even though it finally went away. Yeah, I love classic Rock,as well as Country, Jazz, and Show tunes. I think I can sing every song from Joseph and his Amazing technicolor dream coat by heart. I can't promise it will be in tune, but I can sing it :P
grlnxtdr29

Postby TomEC on September 8th, 2011, 3:57 pm

You're welcome gnd! Music sure can be a great comfort when we need a lift.

By the way, the way I figured out the songs you where looking for was simply to take the words you quoted and stick them in a Google search and out popped the answer. All hail the Great Google! Of course the way you did it, crowd sourcing, is a terrific way too. You got your answer; and did it in a much more sociable way. :D
“The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved, loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” -Victor Hugo
TomEC

Return to General Discussion