Halloween Plans, Recipes, Decorations, etc.

Halloween Plans, Recipes, Decorations, etc.

Postby Rawr on October 6th, 2011, 4:06 am

Ok, since mostly all of you are fans of Lynsay's Argeneau series it comes to reason you guys like Halloween even a little bit. If not adoringly so. So I decided to create a Halloween themed thread. To discuss Halloween plans, recipes, costumes, fav parties of the spooky persuasion and fav Halloween memories. Ok, ok I admit it I just love talking about my bday cuz I think it's the coolest holiday ever. I mean what other holiday would inspire melted witch pudding cups and hunky vampires sweeping you off your feet? Where it's encouraged to eat sweets whether from trick or treating , or leftover from doling them out all night? That wonderful mysterious spooky heart racing feeling that makes you aware more of the wonder of a fall night?

Now if you'll excuse me, my man is demanding we go buy pumpkin spice marshmallows for hot cocoa. <3
Rawr

Re: Halloween Plans, Recipes, Decorations, etc.

Postby Rawr on October 6th, 2011, 5:09 pm

What's your fav Halloween activity? Picking pumpkins or making caramel apples?
Rawr

Postby MysticFan on October 7th, 2011, 1:28 am

I have to say that I love this idea! I love Halloween... Actually, I really love the whole month of October! Lol. I am super excited about this Halloween for my son. This is his third year to go treating, but really, it will be his first to get to enjoy it. I wanted so badly to dress him as a cute little Bat or Vampire, but he wanted to dress like Itsy Bitsy (the spider...lol.) He is going through a spider phase, and honestly, I will be very glad when it passes...lol. I have so many things planned for us to do this month, it’s hard to go through them all, but the one thing I have planned that will happen in a few nights will be my Halloween cartoon sleepover, which I am having for my son and nephew. We are going to bake ghoulish cookies, pumpkin cupcakes, and candy corn marshmallow treats and decorate them. Then we are off to watch probably hours of spooky cartoons...lol As for what my fave activity would be, I love pumpkin picking, carving and all, but I also adore making caramel apples. So, for me that is a tough one to choose. I have to say that both are necessary for me... sort of like a Halloween tradition. :D I just love Fall; it's my fave time of year!
"Life can't always be cheesecake."-Elvi Black

MysticFan

Postby ~Linda~ on October 10th, 2011, 9:29 pm

*ears perk up* what are these pumpkin spice marshmallows you speak of?
Seriously This is Something I need to know :)

I am going to a pimps and ho's epicurean party. Pimps and Hos thru the ages. I have my costume all ready.

What about you RAWR?
ohhh mystic how cute is your son going to be. I hope you post some pictures. I saw the cutest costumes for little boys at TJMax a tiny little vampire outfit. I was tempted to buy for my dog... but he is too old for trick or treat :ugeek:
The world is so Backasswards
It makes me wish I was
DYSLEXIC!
~Linda~

Postby Rawr on October 14th, 2011, 9:00 pm

Bday party last Wednesday of oct @ my fav goth club neo, and Halloween scaring ppl on a scavenger hunt in champaign. I found the pumpkin spice marshmallows in walmart and I'm going to be a werewolf and a witch this Halloween. No masks with either. I'll be having the cool bloody glass cupcake recipe I found this year as my cake. Hardcrack cooked sugar broken into pieces ontop of white frosted and red gel cupcakes. Very creepy and yummy.
Rawr

Re:

Postby MysticFan on October 15th, 2011, 12:26 am

~Linda~ wrote:*ears perk up* what are these pumpkin spice marshmallows you speak of?

I am going to a pimps and ho's epicurean party. Pimps and Hos thru the ages. I have my costume all ready.

What about you RAWR?
ohhh mystic how cute is your son going to be. I hope you post some pictures. I saw the cutest costumes for little boys at TJMax a tiny little vampire outfit. I was tempted to buy for my dog... but he is too old for trick or treat :ugeek:

Linda, I will be taking lots of pics, I will definitely post some. =) I am a little worried over one thing. The costume has a top hat and my toddler is in this stage of being very unpredictable from one minute to the next... so here's hoping he will wear it all night...lol I really wish I would have picked a cute Vampire costume, but he was so set on Itsy Bitsy that I couldn't let him down. I bet the vampire costume for your dog was so cute! I use to dress up my fur babies a few years ago, but mine are a lil too old for that now also. =)

MysticFan

Re:

Postby MysticFan on October 15th, 2011, 12:29 am

~Linda~ wrote:*ears perk up* what are these pumpkin spice marshmallows you speak of?

What about you RAWR?

Linda, I will be taking lots of pics, I will definitely post some. =) I am a little worried over one thing. The costume has a top hat and my toddler is in this stage of being very unpredictable from one minute to the next... so here's hoping he will wear it all night...lol I really wish I would have picked a cute Vampire costume, but he was so set on Itsy Bitsy that I couldn't let him down. I bet the vampire costume for your dog was so cute! I use to dress up my fur babies a few years ago, but mine are a lil too old for that now also. =)

MysticFan

Return to General Discussion